Dear GGG, FFA PVP is very much needed

They should open an pvp Gateway also , it separates from other Gateways , ppl could just log in there and do pvp every where, every time they want, no losing exp on dying, no dropping gears also .
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
I think that if they do open pvp - there should be item drops. HelBreath did it, and it worked out great. Randomly drop a users item, and the chances of getting any of the gear were very low.
"
SunPrice wrote:
GG wont listen to you btw , no need to beg them . Quit the game and wait for pvp-patch released. If there are so many ppl quitting the game due to this problem , they would look at it seriously .

Its not about people quitting, its about getting more people to enjoy a more relaxed and easy style of PVP.

Current pvp is just too stale and restrictive while cutthroat is mainly a pk's wet dream.

Still, it does kind of suck they have never responded to this thread. :(

"
morbidstar wrote:
I think that if they do open pvp - there should be item drops. HelBreath did it, and it worked out great. Randomly drop a users item, and the chances of getting any of the gear were very low.

No, this would just punish people who wanted to duel and ruin FFA pvp.. I mean, your idea works well in Cut Throat. But the whole point of FFA style pvp is to have fun.

Its should be about the duel. You don't need rewards for pvp.

Last edited by Vooodu on Jul 1, 2013, 11:47:55 AM
Well I guess I just miss the realm style of HelBreath. I mean that game is near 10 years old now or more. But basically they had 2 sides that you could join, and had realm battles like once a week - side vs side. Whatever side won got something - i can't remember what, but you could loot the guys you killed. You also got awards for PVP, like capes that were rewarded for killing more than 200 players. I don't know, it was just fun.

Basically in order to protect your Rare items from being looted during a pvp battle - you had to equip a ZEM Stone for each item you wanted to protect. I think that is how all of these kinds of games should be. Why bother battling if you cannot get any of the spoils.

If you didn't want to participate in the realm battles, you could sit out, and just do regular quests. Or set your Status to peace or something like that, so that no one could harm you.
"
morbidstar wrote:
Well I guess I just miss the realm style of HelBreath. I mean that game is near 10 years old now or more. But basically they had 2 sides that you could join, and had realm battles like once a week - side vs side. Whatever side won got something - i can't remember what, but you could loot the guys you killed. You also got awards for PVP, like capes that were rewarded for killing more than 200 players. I don't know, it was just fun.

Basically in order to protect your Rare items from being looted during a pvp battle - you had to equip a ZEM Stone for each item you wanted to protect. I think that is how all of these kinds of games should be. Why bother battling if you cannot get any of the spoils.

If you didn't want to participate in the realm battles, you could sit out, and just do regular quests. Or set your Status to peace or something like that, so that no one could harm you.

First , gears from HelBreath is not very hard to find like in poe . In poe , you could lose more 50 exalted without getting ur GG chest . There's no sense we could lose a GG gears on dying .

Second , pvp is only for fun or to show that you are better than your enemy or archive any rewards from pvp-system is fair enough , looting from other ppl is non-sense .

Third , if ppl lost gears from dying in pvp , there would be less ppl interested in pvp .

Finally , there is no 'ZEM Stone' in POE , if it would exist someday in poe , than it would be the same , you cant loot anything from your opponent cause they surely will put them on their gears . And this ZEM Stone just makes ppl stay way from pvp if they go out of them .

Conclusion: Dropping gears on dying in pvp is no-need in POE ( except in CutThroat League )
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
Last edited by SunPrice on Jul 1, 2013, 12:22:10 PM
Those stones were rare items. you couldn't just get them without having to do a lot of work. I don't know man - Looting your opponents is huge for me, and I am sure it is for many other people. It's the reason I don't play all these games - they took out looting in pvp. I am sure there's a whole market of people out there that would play these types of games if it was introduced in a correct and mostly fair way.
"
morbidstar wrote:
Those stones were rare items. you couldn't just get them without having to do a lot of work. I don't know man - Looting your opponents is huge for me, and I am sure it is for many other people. It's the reason I don't play all these games - they took out looting in pvp. I am sure there's a whole market of people out there that would play these types of games if it was introduced in a correct and mostly fair way.

Meh, im sure some people would enjoy it.

But this thread right here is in hopes of a more fun/less restrictive dueling enviroment.

The only thing that matters is the dueling. Your only reward should be fun.
Joined the game 15 Januari and became silver supporter because I was told the developers of PoE would listen to the gamers. I see a lot of people asking for PVP upgrades but nothing changed since.

Of course a lot of the PVE got better and I appreciated it, but at this moment I just can't keep my mind of thinking: where are the PVP upgrades?

I will quit the game till PVP comes out, I hope they will listen this way and don't make the mistake of waiting too long with the PVP upgrade.

Good bye ;) hope to speak you soon again.
Last edited by kevinv1990 on Jul 1, 2013, 3:32:33 PM
At this point, game will fade before a single PvP patch comes out
"
Syhl wrote:
At this point, game will fade before a single PvP patch comes out

sad but true. Although this is probably an ignorant perspective, the game seems to be progressing at such a slow rate. Such obvious potential... slowly unraveling, most probably too slowly..

It's sad because we are given the impression that GGG are incredibly dedicated and hardworking towards the game, yet from our perspective there seems to be very little to show, maybe we expect too much. Even if they are producing content to the best of their ability, as of now it is simply not good enough for alot of people :(
Last edited by exmse on Jul 2, 2013, 1:13:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info