[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

How much accuracy you want is really a feel thing. If you have your sense that your clear when mapping feels somewhat spotty, go for the accuracy. If it seems decent, don't worry about it. When fully leveled (lvl 24 crawler) and using the level 30 poacher's mark from gluttony, my sense was that the minion was doing fine without a lot of on tree accuracy. I think I had minion accuracy on one life/res jewel and that seemed fine.

Feel it out for yourself and make your choices. :>

-O
Hello

I start an hardcore character for the first time, i'm lvl 38 and the build is super tanky in early stage but i was wondering what is the hp cap for the first ascendancy? i'm at 1.6k hp is it enought to fight Isaro?

Anyway the feeling of playing hardcore is so good even the economy is hardcore less people more expensive have to learn more ^^

Thanks for the build and fly safe.
Personal rule of thumb for this build:

Ascension/Min HP
1: 1000
2: 2000
3; 3000
4: 5000

Keep in mind that these are for me, and I am very comfortable with these fights. Scale upward based on your own comfort level.

Most welcome and glad you are enjoying the build in hc!

GL
-O
Last edited by Orion72 on May 18, 2020, 6:54:31 PM
Hi. Page 1 seems to be all over the place with what setup is the recommended way of running the build this league.

This is my current setup: https://pastebin.com/tj2wepaG

I am getting chunked in t15 maps. Its kinda mind boggling to me that we don't run armor for molten shell. The jugg ascend even gives double armor on chest.

The build just came online last night and I don't know its limits. It has shit chaos resist so I probably cant even do simulacrums

Do you have any suggestions? I'm level 92 at 7.5k life with constitution anointed and would like to do simulacrum and end game bosses soon. I am playing in HC btw. Thanks
Last edited by InkFathomInfiltrator on May 18, 2020, 9:25:30 PM
TLDR: Drop your immortal call set up and you will be instantly happier. Instead, add arctic armour unlinked, which will increase your tankiness a bit). Bonus points for trading out blood of the Karui for a second forbidden taste. Added comfort if you add blood magic into your utility gems setup. Also make sure you are running Lunaris/Tukohama (with all vessels done) for your pantheons.

Long version:

1. If your mind is boggled over not running armour, go ahead and read the response in the FAQ. It's question 9.

That said, there are variations of the build that drop gluttony and the dodge cluster and go with vaal molten shell. I experimented with these when the cold iron point version was first developed. Having played both, my feeling is that those versions can be more tanky temporarily, but that I prefer gluttony/dodge overall as (1) I find it tankier overall, (2) I love having cull, and (3) gluttony gets rid of most of the need for minion accuracy.

2. You can have reasonable chaos res with a little effort and can cap chaos res with more effort. This requires:
a. Buying gear with chaos res, or enchanting chaos res onto gear with open suffixes.
b. Realizing that once you are fully ascended you get positive 28% chaos res from your 7 endurance charges which are always up due to the gluttony belt, as long as you hit dash at least once every 18 seconds or so. Which you will always do.

3. Which brings me to the biggest problem with your set up (and the reason you currently feel unsafe in T15s) You are using CWDT>immortal call.

This set-up was not bad in the first version of the build, because there was no real downtime. We either had complete immunity to phys, or we had at least a few charges back by the time it ran out so that it could proc a second time, giving us time to leave the situation. (though even then, we would periodically lose the extra ele and chaos res provided by charges).

Then they nerfed immortal call to add a cooldown which is linked to all guard skills. This can result in a situation where your immortal call is down, you are not yet back to full endurance charges, and immortal call won't proc again yet, leaving you more vulnerable to phys hits. Post nerf, just leaving the endurance charges always active provides the best overall defense. You are getting 40% perpetual phys mitigation (5% per charge + 5% for unbreakable) and 28% extra choas and elemental res). That phys mitigation is better than any armour you can wear against the biggest hits in the game, which is the only place it matters for this build (see FAQ) because you recover your entire life pool in under a second whenever you are attacking. You can supplement this with self cast Steelskin (which you can't use effectively while having a CWDT>IC, since they share a cooldown.

The build guide has a number of videos provided to give a sense of where the limits are. It is confirmed to be able to do every single piece of content in the game (with the exception of delves past a certain depth with 4+ damage mods) when well piloted. And it can do most of the content even with mediocre piloting.

Good luck,

-O

Last edited by Orion72 on May 19, 2020, 1:42:29 AM
I am new to this game and I am trying to do a similar build to this one and I am having a hard time understanding why you use Koam's Heart with Gluttony? The build doesn't seem to make use of the bonus fire damage and if you use Gluttony you don't have any armor so it seems like you are giving up a potential 6L chestpiece that could be good for just 500 health. Is 500 health that good or am I missing something?
Yes, the 500 flat life is that good. It will be over 1500 additional life at full build. Even when playing the top end content, this build pretty much doesnt die as long as it isn't one shot, because we LGOH at around 8k/second. That extra life makes the difference in many situations.

Re why we use Gluttony, see FAQ #9 in the guide.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on May 19, 2020, 12:02:22 AM
"
Orion72 wrote:
Personal rule of thumb for this build:

Ascension/Min HP
1: 1000
2: 2000
3; 3000
4: 5000

Keep in mind that these are for me, and I am very comfortable with these fights. Scale upward based on your own comfort level.

Most welcome and glad you are enjoying the build in hc!

GL
-O

Great thanks will follow =)
After responding to the last two posts I took a look back at the guide. You're right. With all the changes I've done piecemeal since 3.5, it has become a bit of a mess. I have now gone back through and taken the time to fix as much of that as I can. Please let me know if anything is still confusing and I will continue to improve it as I have time.

Thanks,
-O
Last edited by Orion72 on May 19, 2020, 1:29:37 AM
For me the pastebins in 3.10 dont align with what your build is in-game right now so it was confusing as the tree is different

Ok ill drop the immortal call and put in arctic armor. I forgot about Vaal Haste too. Thoughts? i'd have to consider what gem to drop.

At what HP do you think is safe to do simulacrum?
Last edited by InkFathomInfiltrator on May 19, 2020, 3:22:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info