Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
Vercaso wrote:
...I am curios about the Additional Accuracy on charged dash though, did you notice alot of times when it would miss or was it a low chance and you just wanted to guarantee that it landed?
I wouldn't have Additional Accuracy on something like Charged Dash or Leap Slam. But because Consecrated Path ONLY moves when it's Attack Hits, I wanted the Hit to be guaranteed. I love the Consecrated Ground that the skill applies. I hate movement skills that require a Hit to move. Not sure if I'll keep it. I'll likely just tell people to pick any Melee Attack Movement skill they want.

"
Vercaso wrote:
Also Wrecker I just want to thank you, I've never taken part in the forums despite trying alot of different builds and I've had so much fun with this one that it made me make an account and try get more involved with the poe community. The fact you reply pretty quick and didn't just shut down any of my suggestions helped too haha.

Thanks again ^^
I'm really glad you're enjoying it so much! And thanks for commenting! There are over 100'000 people that have clicked on this guide...so your comments and suggestions go farther than you think! So thanks for being apart :).

I appreciate your suggestions. Everyone plays different and likes different things. You can't go making a guide and not be open to criticism. This build will change lots for 3.6...and some of it is due to feedback. My Slow Mo Zombie build has been changed many times throughout the expansions in part to people's feedback as well. So thank you for posting honestly.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thank you everyone for your feedback this league! Please keep it coming if you're still playing! (The build gets better and better the more people try it out.)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
On my way through the game to try this build right now.

Thanks for making builds like this, because at the moment, its EXACTLY what I was looking for!
Hope this build will be viable next league, I would like try it as a starter :)
I play different builds every league to keep game entertaining.
Last edited by Kminek666 on Feb 2, 2019, 7:03:24 AM
"
On my way through the game to try this build right now.

Thanks for making builds like this, because at the moment, its EXACTLY what I was looking for!
I'm really glad you're enjoying it :). Thanks for taking the time to be encouraging.

"
Hope this build will be viable next league, I would like try it as a starter :)
I play different builds every league to keep game entertaining.
Ya, I hope GGG gets the game to a state where there aren't going to be MAJOR changes to game mechanics too often. I'm excited for 3.6 and hope any changes don't change my plans ;). Thanks for taking the time to write. I hope you enjoy the 3.6 version. In regards to keeping it fresh, I currently have 2 builds that I respond to. I'm testing out a few other ideas and hope to be able to have 4 to 6 guides all with the same mentality: No items needed to clear the Atlas. I currently have a Zombie build and this RF/BV. I'm working on a CI Vortex character, a Caustic Arrow Trickster, and a couple others. We'll see how it goes. I'll hopefully (slowly) have all my ideas up within 2 or 3 leagues. Thanks again :).

Annnnnd

Hey WoD!

I had Friday off and this build has been gnawing at my mind so I fired it up!
Had a crapload of uniques to get leveling this guy fast and hit lv40 in 8 hours.
(Extremely fast for me and my pokey playstyle)
Having a blast and almost have RF maintaining.
I am 48 now and have just had my first death to Innocence, I guess I just like dying to him.
7 min fight and I just got bored and made a mistake, then came in and killed him in like 3 hits. Ohhhh well, gonna die sometime and I don't play hardcore.
I had just switched from molten strike to BV and like you say I am just loving the life regen!
I don't know if it's been brought up, but Vaal RF really helps me with the syndicate. Doesn't drain you to 1 and does a VERY effective amount of damage until you get RF running smooth (maybe tonight HOPEFULLY).
I'm in a transition phase so everything is broke again while I get BV and MS sorted out. I am also using gloves that add +2 to Vaal gems so I will dump that whole setup after Kitava penalty. Probably won't use Vaal gems for BV or RF and just buy my current level +20% quality when I switch.
Loving it so far, miss my slomo zombies :)

Thanks!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Hi Wrecker!

Just picked this build back up again last week, and having a great time! I used it as my league starter, but it felt so clunky to level that I ended up shelving it around level 75 in early maps. It wasn't really a mana issue, BV was just so slow to charge! Made me nuts. so when I came back to this build, I grabbed the increased duration nodes. That made the difference for me. Now I am lvl 90, clearing red maps, and hope to go all the way with this one.

Usually I never do the same build in a new league, but I am thinking of this one again. So... here is my question. Peeked at your 3.6 notes and am wondering how does adding Incinerate - CWC make mana almost a non issue? I don't see anything in either description that helps me understand how that can keep BV at full stacks?

Thanks for all your great insights and help! You have made me a fan!
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
Hey WoD!

I had Friday off and this build has been gnawing at my mind so I fired it up!
Had a crapload of uniques to get leveling this guy fast and hit lv40 in 8 hours.
(Extremely fast for me and my pokey playstyle)
Having a blast and almost have RF maintaining.
I am 48 now and have just had my first death to Innocence, I guess I just like dying to him.
7 min fight and I just got bored and made a mistake, then came in and killed him in like 3 hits. Ohhhh well, gonna die sometime and I don't play hardcore.
I had just switched from molten strike to BV and like you say I am just loving the life regen!
I don't know if it's been brought up, but Vaal RF really helps me with the syndicate. Doesn't drain you to 1 and does a VERY effective amount of damage until you get RF running smooth (maybe tonight HOPEFULLY).
I'm in a transition phase so everything is broke again while I get BV and MS sorted out. I am also using gloves that add +2 to Vaal gems so I will dump that whole setup after Kitava penalty. Probably won't use Vaal gems for BV or RF and just buy my current level +20% quality when I switch.
Loving it so far, miss my slomo zombies :)

Thanks!
Haha! Hey GrunkleBob,

Welcome to the South side of the tree :). I'm glad you're having a good time :). Vaal RF is awesome. So is Vaal BV. It's too many buttons for me to remember, having all those active skills, but for almost everyone else the Vaal version of those skills are going to be HUGE benefits.

GGG just announced that 3.6 is going to rebalance a ton of skills. So I'm obviously not sure how that will impact my builds yet, but hopefully not too much will change from my 3.6 intentions. If you take a look at the video, things get pretty easy as you get higher into the Passive Tree. I hope you enjoy it as you progress.

Thanks for giving it a try! :)

Annnnnd

"
SmasherAsher wrote:
Hi Wrecker!

Just picked this build back up again last week, and having a great time! I used it as my league starter, but it felt so clunky to level that I ended up shelving it around level 75 in early maps. It wasn't really a mana issue, BV was just so slow to charge! Made me nuts. so when I came back to this build, I grabbed the increased duration nodes. That made the difference for me. Now I am lvl 90, clearing red maps, and hope to go all the way with this one.

Usually I never do the same build in a new league, but I am thinking of this one again. So... here is my question. Peeked at your 3.6 notes and am wondering how does adding Incinerate - CWC make mana almost a non issue? I don't see anything in either description that helps me understand how that can keep BV at full stacks?

Thanks for all your great insights and help! You have made me a fan!
You know, despite all the testing and playing I did with this build before I made the guide, the second I released the guide it all of a sudden felt like that to me too...not sure what happened. Plus, the general desire of people to have max BV stacks also encouraged a change for 3.6.

Thanks for trying the build out again. Not everyone does. Though, even if the only thing you take from the build is how to maintain RF without gear, it's worth it...just so you know you can use it with many more build ideas. I'm glad the changes you made have made the difference for you.

So regarding your question for mana and 3.6, currently (before any of the big skill balance changes GGG announced coming in 3.6) channelling skills use very little mana. 5 instead of BV's 19. So Incinerate's 6 link will cost 11 mana per use instead of the current 38 per use. And specifically regarding CwC, the skill casts supported skills 3x a second. It ignores the players cast speed. (The player's cast speed will only impact Incinerate.) So within 3.5 seconds of channelling, you'll be at max BV stacks...at more than a 3x less the cost of mana.

Make sense?

And thanks again for your compliments. You're very kind. I'm happy to help.

Annnnnd

So a couple points of note - I never felt like I needed max BV stacks, as you said... 5 or so was plenty for dps, and I totally agreed. Just getting those 5 stacks felt like a chore early on.

Part of the reason I tried the build again was I read up on some other RF builds (never having played RF or BV before) and I was able to get some really cheap gear recommendations. I absolutely 100% love the fact that you don't include any gear stuff.... it was what drew me to the build in the first place!! However, with a few super cheap gear implementations I noticed a world of difference. I was lucky enough to loot a Koam's Heart. I knew it was fantastic for this build, but I didn't know how to implement it until I realized there was an Immolate support elder helmet (which I stole from another build). Anyway, I love the no gear part idea - but it might have made me stick with a little longer originally. I play on Xbox - and the market is crap!! Gear requirements suck for me!! I can never afford anything. But super cheap ones on xbox .... must be really cheap on PC, so it could help. Again I completely appreciate that you have intentionally left it out!! But (maybe?) it would have been a game changer for me.

Lastly, I find it astonishing that CWC affects (effects?) the casting skill. If I understand correctly, it does little for the channeling skill ... it effects the castings skill cast speed????? It brings it down to the channeled skills mana? Holy jeez!!! I am not sure I really understand this point. I played an arc CWC tendrils build before, and I loved it!! This idea is exciting!! I would love to understand it more, if you can help!

Amazing stuff!! Thanks :))

Ok wait... So you channel incinerate to make BV happen? Sorry I am slow :))
Seems so strange.... and wicked!!! :))
Last edited by SmasherAsher on Feb 4, 2019, 8:58:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info