Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Do you think 2x kaom's way rings would be pretty good for the build? Seems decent with the extra endurance charges and life regen.
"
"
Vercaso wrote:
So I finally got the 3rd ascendancy Nghammus flame or something like that. It took FAR too many tries to get this, I may have been slightly under-geared but trying to get ascendancys with this build in general has been tough. After getting it though BVs damage sky rockets and seems way more reliable even if you only proc 5 or so stacks.

Done with the campaign now and looking forward to running maps. Oh also I recommend getting https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Victario%27s_Acuity, gives you dex and int, lets you proc power and frenzy charges, gives some chaos resist and even a perfect roll is only a few chaos.

Still loving this build despite the ascendancy troubles, can't wait to get the final one and really see where I can take this.
Glad you got it and can tell the difference! What do you think the issue was? Or what do you find the difficulty was with the third ascendancy?

I feel like the issue in general is just that this build needs a sec to build up damage because of BV and atleast until you get endurance charges built up you can't really take a hit. Even with enfeeble applied bosses can be tough until you build up BV and charges, Izaro himself hits like a truck and I'm kinda worried how I am gonna get the final ascendancy, other than just trying to stack a bunch of hp.

I did change the way I play the build recently and it's working so far, Enduring cry while it does give massive regen for 1 second it doesn't make a difference when fighting only one target so I dumped it. Also now that I have the mana regen without clarity I dumped that and just running Herald of Ash and Purity of fire as far as auras go with a Phoenix shield of course and it's working really well. I also have added minion life and fortify support for the stone golem since it's kinda crucial to keep him up.

Still looking for another fire damage source to replace scorching ray totem as it dies to quick so it's damage isn't reliable, I'll post that once I figure it out.

Still, clearing maps is a breeze regardless of mods and still really enjoying the build, done some Delve too and clearing it is pretty easy too.

Still a thumbs up from me just needs a few tweaks for personal perfrence ^^
Okay so to my issue with Scorching Totem, I think I may have found a solution. It uses the color sockets too, CWDT>Armageddon Brand>Life Leech. At lvl 20 and 20 quality it only gives an extra 5k dps but you also gain 1.5k life leech during it's proc. So you get hit it attaches to a target and you regain 1.5k hp per hit per target, when that target dies it jumps to the next one within range. Obviously the downside is you need to take a hit first but since you are always in mobs faces with the high hp regen of this build it isn't too much of an issue, whether or not the damage is worth it I think the life regen you get from it is well worth it.

Still just an idea and I've only fought the Fungal Hollow boss with it but I'm looking forward to more testing.

New Idea, instead of CWDT use Controlled Destruction. This gives you higher dps and life leech but you manual cast, considering how the skill works this shouldn't be bad, more soon.
Last edited by Vercaso on Jan 30, 2019, 11:49:07 AM
"
Berard420 wrote:
Do you think 2x kaom's way rings would be pretty good for the build? Seems decent with the extra endurance charges and life regen.
You bet! Two Kaom's Signs in the build are very noticable. If you made them both Kaom's Ways, you'd pee your pants a little you'd be so happy. :) They are excellent uniques for this build.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Thanks for the honest reply! I've replied below, but I've also added a video to the top of the guide outlining some of my plans for 3.6. I think you'll appreciate the changes.

"
Vercaso wrote:
I feel like the issue in general is just that this build needs a sec to build up damage because of BV and atleast until you get endurance charges built up you can't really take a hit. Even with enfeeble applied bosses can be tough until you build up BV and charges, Izaro himself hits like a truck and I'm kinda worried how I am gonna get the final ascendancy, other than just trying to stack a bunch of hp.
Ya, skills that stack will all have that consequence (of needing time to get to full damage) when used. If you don't feel "tanky" enough, you just need to move (but stay close) to the boss a little more than you want until the stacks are up.

"
I did change the way I play the build recently and it's working so far, Enduring cry while it does give massive regen for 1 second it doesn't make a difference when fighting only one target so I dumped it.
The only thing I use Enduring Cry for is maintaining (or gaining) Endurance charges in battles against a lone boss.

"
Also now that I have the mana regen without clarity I dumped that and just running Herald of Ash and Purity of fire as far as auras go with a Phoenix shield of course and it's working really well. I also have added minion life and fortify support for the stone golem since it's kinda crucial to keep him up.
Smart on both accounts. You didn't find The Stone Golem up all the time with CwDT linked to it?

"
Still looking for another fire damage source to replace scorching ray totem as it dies to quick so it's damage isn't reliable, I'll post that once I figure it out...Okay so to my issue with Scorching Totem, I think I may have found a solution. It uses the color sockets too, CWDT>Armageddon Brand>Life Leech. At lvl 20 and 20 quality it only gives an extra 5k dps but you also gain 1.5k life leech during it's proc. So you get hit it attaches to a target and you regain 1.5k hp per hit per target, when that target dies it jumps to the next one within range. Obviously the downside is you need to take a hit first but since you are always in mobs faces with the high hp regen of this build it isn't too much of an issue, whether or not the damage is worth it I think the life regen you get from it is well worth it...Still just an idea and I've only fought the Fungal Hollow boss with it but I'm looking forward to more testing...New Idea, instead of CWDT use Controlled Destruction. This gives you higher dps and life leech but you manual cast, considering how the skill works this shouldn't be bad, more soon.
That's a great and creative idea! The life leech is sweet. Did you find that you noticed the difference in gameplay (compared to on paper)? Those are very creative and good ideas! BV does enough damage that everything else can just be for survivability. So good job.

"
Still, clearing maps is a breeze regardless of mods and still really enjoying the build, done some Delve too and clearing it is pretty easy too.

I appreciate the feedback! It's nice to know what people think, how they play, and what they change. Thanks for the time you put in. I'm glad you like it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I've added a video to the top of the guide outlining some of my plans for 3.6. Let me know what you think. If you don't care for the description I put in the guide, the video is right here.)

Annnnnd

"
I've added a video to the top of the guide outlining some of my plans for 3.6. Let me know what you think. If you don't care for the description I put in the guide, the video is right here.)

Thanks for the video!
It's cool when you can see how the creator of that build plays :p
Btw im in 7-8 map and done with uber lab. Love that build and game :)
"
Thanks for the honest reply! I've replied below, but I've also added a video to the top of the guide outlining some of my plans for 3.6. I think you'll appreciate the changes.

"
Vercaso wrote:
Ya, skills that stack will all have that consequence (of needing time to get to full damage) when used. If you don't feel "tanky" enough, you just need to move (but stay close) to the boss a little more than you want until the stacks are up.

"
I did change the way I play the build recently and it's working so far, Enduring cry while it does give massive regen for 1 second it doesn't make a difference when fighting only one target so I dumped it.
The only thing I use Enduring Cry for is maintaining (or gaining) Endurance charges in battles against a lone boss.

"
Also now that I have the mana regen without clarity I dumped that and just running Herald of Ash and Purity of fire as far as auras go with a Phoenix shield of course and it's working really well. I also have added minion life and fortify support for the stone golem since it's kinda crucial to keep him up.
Smart on both accounts. You didn't find The Stone Golem up all the time with CwDT linked to it?

"
Still looking for another fire damage source to replace scorching ray totem as it dies to quick so it's damage isn't reliable, I'll post that once I figure it out...Okay so to my issue with Scorching Totem, I think I may have found a solution. It uses the color sockets too, CWDT>Armageddon Brand>Life Leech. At lvl 20 and 20 quality it only gives an extra 5k dps but you also gain 1.5k life leech during it's proc. So you get hit it attaches to a target and you regain 1.5k hp per hit per target, when that target dies it jumps to the next one within range. Obviously the downside is you need to take a hit first but since you are always in mobs faces with the high hp regen of this build it isn't too much of an issue, whether or not the damage is worth it I think the life regen you get from it is well worth it...Still just an idea and I've only fought the Fungal Hollow boss with it but I'm looking forward to more testing...New Idea, instead of CWDT use Controlled Destruction. This gives you higher dps and life leech but you manual cast, considering how the skill works this shouldn't be bad, more soon.
That's a great and creative idea! The life leech is sweet. Did you find that you noticed the difference in gameplay (compared to on paper)? Those are very creative and good ideas! BV does enough damage that everything else can just be for survivability. So good job.

"

I appreciate the feedback! It's nice to know what people think, how they play, and what they change. Thanks for the time you put in. I'm glad you like it.

Stone Golem(SG)- Yeah it just seemed that I was killing to quick sometimes for CWDT to proc SG and I have a bad habit of always trying to keep golems hp high, I figured increasing it's life and adding fortify to it would help and it almost never dies now.

Arma Brand- After alot more testing and changing from CWDT to Controlled Destruction I have definitely found a solution for me. My hp almost never drops below 50% and for me the damage seems more reliable than scorching totem. I just build 6-7 stacks of BV, then charge dash into a pack already having RF going of course and if there are magic mobs or above, drop a few Arma Brands. I've done up to T9 maps with this so far and attempted the Eternal Lab (Didn't go well XD)and it's feeling comfortable.

I think I just need to tweak my actual stats now, some more hp and maybe farm merciless lab to get a decent helm mod for RF.
"

Gotta say the CWC for BV is interesting, the addition of a curse aura is good too but I do think enfeeble would stop those near one shots from porcupine enemies, personal preference though. I am curios about the Additional Accuracy on charged dash though, did you notice alot of times when it would miss or was it a low chance and you just wanted to guarantee that it landed?

I like that you added Arma Brand in there, until this build I had completely over looked it myself, glad I finally got around to using it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next, keep it up ^^
Also Wrecker I just want to thank you, I've never taken part in the forums despite trying alot of different builds and I've had so much fun with this one that it made me make an account and try get more involved with the poe community. The fact you reply pretty quick and didn't just shut down any of my suggestions helped too haha.

Thanks again ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info