[3.10] Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone Berserker (RETIRED)

"
"
i linked CWDT with molten shell, steel skin and immortal call. LOL

They won't stack. All 3 of them are 'guard' skills and they share cooldowns afaik. If you link those 3 with a single cwdt then the first gem linked to cdwt will go off and all of them will be put on cooldown so the other two won't trigger. I'm not sure but I think manual casting might be better, at least for molten shell. You spam your Lion's roar, get armour then mash molten shell getting a big shield and then jump into legion packs. It's tedious to pull it off every time so I just do it whenever molten shell is off cooldown. I'm not sure if defensively this is better than automating it.

"
one thing i made a habit of when farming legion is if 2 - 4 rares are close together, cyclone out to kite them before going back in.

Yeah cyclone is really good for legion mobs. I was playing lacerate this league but cyclone makes it so much easier so I switched to it. Leap slam, stun, cyclone (either they die or you kite and repeat).

Yeah I found out after doing some reading... a shame but then again i am not surprised. I went back to using Immortal Call alone. I really dislike doing the defensive spells manually becoz i have a history of carpal tunnel so i only usually use 3 buttons to play POE, the other character i play (abid in Standard) is Elehit Totem Hiero.

BTW, the last time I played Nga Cyclone was during Incursion, I used a build that was for a Jugg and I think you wrote that build guide too? Its great to revisit this playstyle.
Anyone else having trouble surviving against Legion mobs or in general on high tier maps with this build ?

I'm hard stuck lvl 91 right now, i can't for the life of me manage to survive more than 3 maps in a row. That is, i kinda went off track with my build to get more damage, but i tried the suggested route too and it doesn't help much in terms of survivability.
Last edited by Darkbento on Jun 20, 2019, 7:38:02 PM
I'm 86 with this build right, a bit more casual, and it's very glassy. I can kill literally anything though. I just can't manage to stay alive consistently above level 8 maps.

I have everything except for Xoph's and some better versions of items. Max res, etc.

Idk what to do.
"
NajSD wrote:
I'm 86 with this build right, a bit more casual, and it's very glassy. I can kill literally anything though. I just can't manage to stay alive consistently above level 8 maps.

I have everything except for Xoph's and some better versions of items. Max res, etc.

Idk what to do.

"
Darkbento wrote:
Anyone else having trouble surviving against Legion mobs or in general on high tier maps with this build ?

I'm hard stuck lvl 91 right now, i can't for the life of me manage to survive more than 3 maps in a row. That is, i kinda went off track with my build to get more damage, but i tried the suggested route too and it doesn't help much in terms of survivability.

this is becoz although ggg marketed legion as a "melee" league, they haven't fundamentally solved some of the issues with melee, infact, they nerfed the survivalbility of melee classes with the immortal call nerf.

its quite typical of ggg to design something that makes you instinctively do X but requires you to do Y when so.

cyclone encourages you to go fast but you actually need to slow down when you meet rare mobs especially in higher tier maps.

i have been ripping quite frequently in maps above tier 8 when dealing with Legion because their damage is still overtuned.

i am at 5.3k life, max res and dual leech and i still get one shot by Legion rares especially if IC drops and i am still within range when i cyclone away.
Last edited by Dezzo79 on Jun 20, 2019, 9:34:30 PM
No other rare mob (with maybe the exception of overstacked essence mobs) comes even close to the amount of damage they deal while being fairly tanky.

The main issue i'm having with this, isn't the strength of the mobs themselves, it's the fact that i can't grind common content without being at a constant threat of dying. If i ever want to level up it feels like i'll have to avoid doing monolith altogether on maps above T10.

I'd like to hear or see how you guys manage to deal with legion content using this build, because it seems i'm not good enough to pull it off right now.
Last edited by Darkbento on Jun 20, 2019, 10:50:13 PM
"
BTW, the last time I played Nga Cyclone was during Incursion, I used a build that was for a Jugg and I think you wrote that build guide too? Its great to revisit this playstyle.

That wasn't me. This is my only Ngamahu Cyclone guide.

"

"

Idk what to do.

"
i have been ripping quite frequently in maps above tier 8 when dealing with Legion because their damage is still overtuned.

i am at 5.3k life, max res and dual leech and i still get one shot by Legion rares especially if IC drops and i am still within range when i cyclone away.

"
The main issue i'm having with this, isn't the strength of the mobs themselves, it's the fact that i can't grind common content without being at a constant threat of dying. If i ever want to level up it feels like i'll have to avoid doing monolith altogether on maps above T10.

Okay so I'm playing a Berserker cyclone right now too. Not this one but a phys one. Point is, I was dying every other map without 20/20 gems, >6k life, good armour and molten shell. Now I die about once every 3-4 maps depending on how rippy the mods are. I'm running 5 sextanted juiced up T16s btw.

What I think is that as a berserker, you will never outsustain legion mobs damage with leech. You will need to kill them before they do and try to survive while doing it. I don't have problems with any other thing, just legion mobs. Some things I tried out that might help:

1. 6k+ life no questions asked. Prioritize it. You need levels for that, assuming you have good life gear, which most of you do. Farm low tier content, high yellows, delves, pj rotas, beachheads, cowards rotas. They're pretty cheap and good exp. Just get level 92 or so, so you have enough points to invest in life.

2. Flasks of warding, heat, staunching. Have a basalt and granite. Keep fortify up. I've been experimenting with close combat support and it seems really good for leap slamming mid combat without much dps loss. You could try that out instead of increased area.

3. Molten shell, Berserk. Berserk is particularly useful for legion mobs. You charge up rage when breaking them out and cast it and jump into the tough rares. The damage reduction is really good. I also use Vaal Ancestral Warchief for monoliths.

4. Get the Soul of steel notable, you can swap it out later if you feel you're tanky enough without it.

5. Try running an instant life flask instead of the quicksilver. You'll have to leap slam more between packs but it's saved me a lot of times.

6. Once you get 20/20 gems and decent gear, like a well rolled axe, some flat phys to attacks/wed that'll help a lot without surviving too.

I might be wrong cause berserker is a pretty glass cannon ascendancy, but I think the league is pretty overtuned. The generals are fine but the rare mobs are bonkers.

I would suggest not trying uber elder right now. In case you don't know, currently a lot of bosses spam certain skills over and over. Like arakaali goes under the arena many times in a row, brine king spams his shield, and shaper in the uelder fight spams teleport around the arena, making it difficult for melee chars to dps him, unless you have really good gear/are skilled. Cyclone does okay against this but GGG has confirmed this is a bug so it'll be fixed soon.

Also if you're close to levelling up, like at 80%, don't risk doing maps/something where you might die. Do a poorjoy's rota or something safe with good exp to push through to the next level.

I'll be pretty active this league so let me know if you have questions or need help with a boss or something. I'll try to help if I can.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
Last edited by cent664 on Jun 22, 2019, 11:00:09 PM
"
"

I'll be pretty active this league so let me know if you have questions or need help with a boss or something. I'll try to help if I can.

i need help with the 150 legion unlock. i really do not want to level a essence drain character just to get it... xD
"
i need help with the 150 legion unlock. i really do not want to level a essence drain character just to get it... xD

That should be easy, I got that in like day 3-4. Just wait till you have more damage and a good layout. Berserk will take care of it.

"
"

That should be easy, I got that in like day 3-4. Just wait till you have more damage and a good layout. Berserk will take care of it.

i will socket up berzerk and try tomorrow.

does map difficulty matter? coz until now i do not know if legion spawns with AT LEAST 150 guys. given that GGG didn't impliment a kill counter for Legion, i never knew if i came close.

atm i am favoring Desert as it is also the only low tier map i have quite a few of to try.
"
does map difficulty matter? coz until now i do not know if legion spawns with AT LEAST 150 guys. given that GGG didn't impliment a kill counter for Legion, i never knew if i came close.

I don't think so. Legion mob numbers and loot are not dependent on quant or tier afaik. Just the layout most likely. I got mine in some low tier map, if not earlier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info