[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
Nuttyhater wrote:
Started using your build again, really like the style.

Last time I used it was version 3.7 with ballista, now that I moved my skill tree over to your current POB I have extra slots open. What would you suggest I spend my extra passive points on?

Welcome back! I suggest picking up nearby jewel slots, they're always efficient. If not then nearby life nodes like Bloodless (duelist area) or damage like Master of Force (shadow area).

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
If I don't like RoA as skill, this can easily be swapped out by e.g. split arrow right?

You can but it's not recommended. Split Arrow must be linked to with Pierce or Chain support for extra clear.

"
vicdasick wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the great build and keeping the thread updated through so many leagues. Decided to make this my league starter.

Since this is my first league planning my build in advance sorry for any noob questions.

I was playing with the updated POB and noticed that the "Destroyer" wheel at the beginning of the Dualist tree no longer affects bleed damage. Is this a bug with the update or will it most likely be reflected in the game on release?
(Probably irrelevant to your iteration of the build but this also affects "Martial Experience Wheel" which is taken by builds that go the Lionseye Jewel Route)

I checked it out and you're correct. These nodes specify "Melee" now... That definitely wasn't mentioned in patch notes. Thanks for heads up. I might have to adjust passive tree a bit assuming that's true (it should be).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Of the two builds I'm thinking of starting with, both happen to be yours. I've never played this or Caustic Arrow.

I'm thinking of doing Pathfinder CA (mostly because I've not done PF yet + Prolif) and to someone who's never played either - it seems like these two builds would feel similar (dot explosions)?

Are they? I tend to league start with semi-off meta proven builds that are new to me but like to have a backup build picked in case I really am not feeling the build I picked either for play style or mismatch for league, and I like to make sure it is reasonably different. Feels like I should not use one of these builds as the backup to the other.

Also - any recommends between the two? I've done PF CA up to Highgate and was liking it with explosions over the pestilent strike build I had been trying. might not get a chance to try this one out pre league
Good news is i'm nearly done with the update. I only really need to do minor clear up like not having placeholder image for new End Game section, update map progression and add cluster jewel section.

The only thing that keeps me from flagging the build as 3.10 ready is that god damn passive tree... That's a lot of work updating all levelling trees.

"
Unshiftables wrote:
Spoiler
Of the two builds I'm thinking of starting with, both happen to be yours. I've never played this or Caustic Arrow.

I'm thinking of doing Pathfinder CA (mostly because I've not done PF yet + Prolif) and to someone who's never played either - it seems like these two builds would feel similar (dot explosions)?

Are they? I tend to league start with semi-off meta proven builds that are new to me but like to have a backup build picked in case I really am not feeling the build I picked either for play style or mismatch for league, and I like to make sure it is reasonably different. Feels like I should not use one of these builds as the backup to the other.

Also - any recommends between the two? I've done PF CA up to Highgate and was liking it with explosions over the pestilent strike build I had been trying. might not get a chance to try this one out pre league

My Caustic Arrow build like almost any other focuses on DoT portion of the skill. It does not scale poison and is heavily focused on defensive/QoL mechanics. While i give an option for Pathfinder, i would not use this ascendancy over any other i've listed.

If you're in softcore i recommend bleed bow due to overall damage potential. If you prefer tankier and cheaper approach then use Caustic Arrow instead.
So you're saying that this build kills awakener 8 faster than your CA?

Even with subpar gear?
"
HornyPhazon wrote:
So you're saying that this build kills awakener 8 faster than your CA?

Even with subpar gear?

Absolutely. CA has limited scaling and overall mediocre single target. It's not Toxic Rain which has extra attack speed and duration scaling to deal significantly more single target damage at cost of mobility.

Bleed can reach around 1 million damage on relatively budget gear. OK bleed bow, 20/20 gems, Ryslatha's Coil and Pride should be enough. To reach same level of damage as CA you need a really good gear or use Trickster with medium budget. That's against Shaper/guardians obviously.
March 12th, 2020 - Delirium League
Spoiler
Overview:
* Added extra line about optional classic build version.

Passive Tree:
* Passive tree has been updated! Minor changes to account for "Destroyer" cluster ailment increases no longer working with bows.
* Added extra passive tree with less points allocated to experiment with cluster jewels.
* Added link-out to detailed cluster jewel notables breakdown.

Gem Setups:
* Added mentions about optional gem setups that can be found in end game build section.

Equipment:
* Updated my current gear and gear examples in in-depth equipment sections.
* Removed Loreweave body armour.
* Added Farrul's Fur body armour.
* Minor commentary adjustments to reflect some of the newest changes.
* Removed "end game build options" for gloves and amulet since extra fossil mods that made these gear slots very strong and easy to obtain damage are being removed.
* Removed Watcher's Eye mods for Grace aura, since they're not as useful anymore.

Levelling:
* Adjusted levelling passive trees to reflect newest changes.

NEW SECTION - End Game Build:
* Inside you can find End Game Enhancements which focus on QoL and/or potential damage upgrade.
* Classic Build is back with good old Siege Ballista action!

FAQ:
* Removed a lot of outdated questions.
* Added plenty of new answers to common problems/ideas/concerns.
* Some already existing answers were updated.

That's it for now. I really wanted to finish everything today and especially the PoB, but i'm so tired i can barely make any progress. Everything should be finished early tomorrow (6-8 hours before the league launches).
"
That's it for now. I really wanted to finish everything today and especially the PoB, but i'm so tired i can barely make any progress. Everything should be finished early tomorrow (6-8 hours before the league launches).

Thanks champ. Just curious how much accuracy will be sufficient for your setup? One of the considerations for going the Lionseye jewel route is so that I can forget about looking out for that stat on that gear.

But I also think the Lionseye route is a pain to level until I get the jewel. Yours seems a lot smoother to progress.

Any thoughts?
Thank you so much for your build, your work and your effort. It means a lot for us who want to start with it.
Would you think going to the left of the tree early on before we have enough bleeding damage for crimson dance not to feel shitty in map is a good idea?
March 13th, 2020
Levelling and Progression:
* Adjusted gear goals in mapping progression to the newest patch.

Videos:
* Added 5 new videos with classic build in action.
* Updated the important note.
* Removed 3.4/3.5 videos since the old build lives on again.

Path of Building:
* PoB link updated to newest version.

For convenience: https://pastebin.com/jTNXvi6a

A bit late but here it is. Crafting won't be updated until PoEDB.tw updates the ilvl requirements, transfered fossil mods to influenced items and weighting. I'll record some more videos soon but not before launch i guess.

"
vicdasick wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks champ. Just curious how much accuracy will be sufficient for your setup? One of the considerations for going the Lionseye jewel route is so that I can forget about looking out for that stat on that gear.

But I also think the Lionseye route is a pain to level until I get the jewel. Yours seems a lot smoother to progress.

Any thoughts?

FAQ: Have you thought about using Lioneye's Fall and taking melee nodes in Marauder's starting location?
A: Yes, it's a very viable alternative. However it heavily encourages armour as a defensive mechanic which i dislike in general. Performance-wise it's very similar to the passive tree i provide. Overall going to shadow area is easier for newbies and has smoother progression.

To add to it, i didn't feel lack of accuracy personally. If anything a single extra accuracy mod should already be enough to have nearly 100% accuracy against non-evasive monsters.

"
HornyPhazon wrote:
Would you think going to the left of the tree early on before we have enough bleeding damage for crimson dance not to feel shitty in map is a good idea?

The build doesn't use Crimson Dance with exception of classic build where it's acquired from Farrul's Pounce gloves. As for the marauder's area i answer this in FAQ now:

FAQ: Have you thought about using Lioneye's Fall and taking melee nodes in Marauder's starting location?
A: Yes, it's a very viable alternative. However it heavily encourages armour as a defensive mechanic which i dislike in general. Performance-wise it's very similar to the passive tree i provide. Overall going to shadow area is easier for newbies and has smoother progression.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info