[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL wrote:
I think you guys are overreacting. Removing exclusive mods from the fossils is a good thing for the game because let's be real - they were too strong. While it's definitely a nerf to quickly crafting 100% more bleed dmg bow in a trade league i hardly consider it any hinderance. When i playtested the build this league i finished the end game with essence crafted 6-link bow. The mod definitely boosts the damage by large amounts, but with recent buffs it's not necessary for the build to perform well. Instead of spending fortune on the corroded fossils early on, spend money on other useful gear instead. Effect should be similar.

In the end game where you finally want to craft that final bow you'll use until you reroll/next league, it might even be a buff. Alt->regal crafting method could be an option. Of course it heavily depends on mod weighting and tags.

For SSF specifically it's a straight up buff. Finding corroded fossils is almost impossible, i found maybe 10 while using all available sulphite on my lvl 96 char last league. Ability to use other currencies to craft is a blessing.

Solutions to other "problems" and potential outcomes:

* (General) You should consider Residence farming for 6-link body armour (or buy one in trade league). This means if you find good elder bow base, you can 5-link it and craft it into something good.
* (General) Farming Imperial Legacy is still viable. If you get lucky and drop hunter's exalt and awakener's orb, you can create elder/hunter influenced bow with ilvl 100. If you prefer Citadel bow, there's likely to be many available at high ilvl as well.

* (Trade) Since so many people just see the changes as a nerf, it's likely the fossil's value drops as a result and the bow crafting might end up being cheaper. Who knows?
* (Bow crafting) I heavily doubt the mod has very high ilvl. I bet it's around lvl 75-82 like other prefixes. This is only a speculation.

In short, don't panic. Everything's fine. The patch notes didn't change much so i still have to update end game section, FAQ, add videos and minor improvements where necessary. I'll think of extra passive tree to try out new cluster jewels as well.

All good points. I think that this is really only a nerf for true day 1/2 atlas/boss rushers.

I know you said you cleared the atlas without it, but at what point does it feel sluggish? I'm more of a reach maps on day 4ish kind of person due to limited play time and just curious how far I can push a 5L/6L setup without it feeling "bad".

"
dperls wrote:
Spoiler
All good points. I think that this is really only a nerf for true day 1/2 atlas/boss rushers.

I know you said you cleared the atlas without it, but at what point does it feel sluggish? I'm more of a reach maps on day 4ish kind of person due to limited play time and just curious how far I can push a 5L/6L setup without it feeling "bad".

With the gear i showcased in that post, it felt smooth up until T14+ where mapping became challenging. Build never felt bad to me (other than in SSF), but i'm also used to builds with mediocre damage output. I can simulate that experience and record video later.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 11, 2020, 1:02:03 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
dperls wrote:
Spoiler

With the gear i showcased in that post, it felt smooth up until T14+ where mapping became challenging. Build never felt bad to me (other than in SSF), but i'm also used to builds with mediocre damage output. I can simulate that experience and record video later.

That would be awesome. I was excited to start with this, and after an initial wave of "uh oh", going to stay the course.
So after the changes will this build be good as a league starter?

Going to be league starting with this build, I don't mind dumping currency into a gg bow and it'll probably work out around the same as dumping 8ex into a +level gem for ED (my second choice) or the same into a Storm Brand wand.

Quick question - how does the build perform in delve? Also, is it worth going to the left hand side of the tree and converting the melee bleed mods there to ranged with the unique jewel? Forget the name.
Last edited by aastr on Mar 11, 2020, 7:50:57 PM
"
bronnson144 wrote:
So after the changes will this build be good as a league starter?

Should be solid just like previous league. It's not necromancer tho and requires some investment to feel really good to use.

"
aastr wrote:
Spoiler
Going to be league starting with this build, I don't mind dumping currency into a gg bow and it'll probably work out around the same as dumping 8ex into a +level gem for ED (my second choice) or the same into a Storm Brand wand.

Quick question - how does the build perform in delve? Also, is it worth going to the left hand side of the tree and converting the melee bleed mods there to ranged with the unique jewel? Forget the name.

I didn't delve too deep this league. Not the most optimal build for exploring side tunnels but should reach maybe up to 500-600 delve? I mainly play hardcore so i never ventured too deep. Can try testing tomorrow in standard, i stopped at 400 out there.

Using Lioneye's Fall and taking these nodes gives similar damage output with slightly higher life values. However it more or less forces you to invest into armour and Molten Shell which i dislike in general. Right side of the tree synergizes more with my version of the build.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I'm so excited to try this build this weekend. Thanks for this guide. But i'm a bit confused about the bow i should use, its a bit complicated. I mainly play melee hehe
Started using your build again, really like the style.

Last time I used it was version 3.7 with ballista, now that I moved my skill tree over to your current POB I have extra slots open. What would you suggest I spend my extra passive points on?
If I don't like RoA as skill, this can easily be swapped out by e.g. split arrow right?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Thanks for the great build and keeping the thread updated through so many leagues. Decided to make this my league starter.

Since this is my first league planning my build in advance sorry for any noob questions.

I was playing with the updated POB and noticed that the "Destroyer" wheel at the beginning of the Dualist tree no longer affects bleed damage. Is this a bug with the update or will it most likely be reflected in the game on release?
(Probably irrelevant to your iteration of the build but this also affects "Martial Experience Wheel" which is taken by builds that go the Lionseye Jewel Route)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info