[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
murasam3 wrote:
Hi Again!

Just got to 92, I made some changes to the class (6 link chest) and currently sitting at 8644 ES - I do somehow take a ton of damage as well.

I have no need for Clarity (not in my Watcher's Eye) but the additional Aura does give me more ES.

My damage seems... fine? a bit on the low? or just good enough? I'm not sure really lol.

Any of Towns or August would have a quick look at the char and give me some insight on how to improve further?

Your setup looks fine, but there are a few places to improve:

1) There's an int node connect to Eldritch Battery. You can refund that node, the int node to its right, and 2 int nodes to its left by allocating the 2 int nodes that connect from right above Unnatural Calm down to Elemental Overload. You could then either put the 2 free points into ES nodes, or you can refund the two Lightning Walker nodes to grab Celestial Judgment with 3 points (6% elemental damage & 5% ele pen over Lightning Walker) and then have a free point for whatever,

2) Get a curse corruption on your gloves. I prefer Enfeeble for defense, but ele weakness would be fine

3) Gem levels. A 21/0 arc is much better than 20/23, and 21 discipline is nice to have. 21 vitality and purity of elements are improvements, but not major ones. If you ever get a +1 gems shield, 21 haste hits an AS breakpoint, and with a +2 aura shield, 21 wrath hits the more lightning damage with spells breakpoint

4) I'm pretty sure you're better off without that corruption on your necklace. I suspect you're always at the leech cap anyways from the watcher's eye, so it doesn't do anything. 16 more strength and int will give a fair ES boost.

Edit: Also, how are you liking the 6 link smite? Does it seem to give enough damage to be worth it?
Last edited by Townsfoe on Jan 9, 2019, 3:59:27 PM
"
Townsfoe wrote:

Your setup looks fine, but there are a few places to improve:

1) There's an int node connect to Eldritch Battery. You can refund that node, the int node to its right, and 2 int nodes to its left by allocating the 2 int nodes that connect from right above Unnatural Calm down to Elemental Overload. You could then either put the 2 free points into ES nodes, or you can refund the two Lightning Walker nodes to grab Celestial Judgment with 3 points (6% elemental damage & 5% ele pen over Lightning Walker) and then have a free point for whatever,

2) Get a curse corruption on your gloves. I prefer Enfeeble for defense, but ele weakness would be fine

3) Gem levels. A 21/0 arc is much better than 20/23, and 21 discipline is nice to have. 21 vitality and purity of elements are improvements, but not major ones. If you ever get a +1 gems shield, 21 haste hits an AS breakpoint, and with a +2 aura shield, 21 wrath hits the more lightning damage with spells breakpoint

4) I'm pretty sure you're better off without that corruption on your necklace. I suspect you're always at the leech cap anyways from the watcher's eye, so it doesn't do anything. 16 more strength and int will give a fair ES boost.

Edit: Also, how are you liking the 6 link smite? Does it seem to give enough damage to be worth it?

Thank you so much! I will have enough points for Celestial Judgement, but debating that or a more defensive option.. I do tend to lose focus on boss fights and get 1 shotted lol, but 8% ES doesn't add up to a lot, maybe about 150ES. I'll have to reroll some of the stats on my armor to try and get higher ES which will hopefully see me break 9k easily. I really need to not be 1 shotted =P.

In regards to points 2 & 3, once I sell some of the stuff I will be able to afford those gems, 21 Arc is my priority to be honest.

As to point 4, I really don't know if I am hitting the cap or not, I wasn't aware of a cap anyways lol! I was thinking of switching to Presence of Chayula, however that's expensive and I'm not really sure how much ES benefit I would get since I will have to allocate some STR/DEX nodes to be able to wear it.

As to the dmg part, according to my PoB my Smite DPS went up by almost double once I got it 6 linked and I used to struggle on some bosses but not as much anymore.

I've been in talks with Raihkim and I really like what he's done with the build so I'm following in his steps while making some personal changes here and there:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Raihkim/SaintRaihkim?i=4&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DSmite%26sort%3Dlife

My only real concern is survivability, and like I said I have Clarity which I don't really benefit from at all and have no idea what to replace it with. He uses Herald of Purity for the extra damage but Enlighten 4 is way way out of my budget lol.

Trying to make the build stronger, I can only think of Presence of Chayula, Gems and Enchants.

Also are we using Sin Trek for the actual ES or because of the "Enemies Cannot Leech Life from you" mod?

I just wish we weren't so restricted to Uniques!

Last edited by murasam3 on Jan 10, 2019, 2:21:35 AM
So is there no way to run Watchers eye with the Energy Shield unless your 94?
"
zeethree50 wrote:

I don’t really understand the question. It has nothing to do with level. As soon as you are low life and you have a spare jewel socket you can use it.
"
zeethree50 wrote:

been running watchers eye start/mid eighties and was plowing through everything up til T11 maps.
murasam3 - How much DPS are you getting from Smite? I like the idea of scaling more damage there, but right now my total DPS only goes up ~6% when I 6-link it (and that was doubling smite's DPS)

For Sin Trek, they're just a cheap source of ES. Higher ES 30+% MS boots typically cost a lot more.
For those who switched from arc only to arc and ball lightning how did that feel? I was considering switching but would require quite a bit more attack speed I think ... Im at roughly .18 for attack time so I was thinking just stay with arc. I currently am taking bastion of hope for stun immunity, if I get a presence of chayula I might consider dropping it, the time of need node doesn't seem that great though, could do radiant crusade for more damage I guess. Im using an animated guardian currently for 10 % ms and 33% increased damage and it seems helpful.

Do you need to run dying sun with ball lightning for it to be worth it? Currently using Sulphur, basalt, quicksilver, and silver flasks with an atziri's promise. Was considering dropping either the Sulphur or quicksilver for a wise oak. Feel like I might miss consecrated ground and the speed of quicksilver is a ton of fun. I guess basalt is a possible drop as well.

Preparing to switch to 9 aura version, just gathering currency for that expensive clarity watchers eye.
Last edited by vladimars on Jan 10, 2019, 9:06:53 AM
"
Townsfoe wrote:
murasam3 - How much DPS are you getting from Smite? I like the idea of scaling more damage there, but right now my total DPS only goes up ~6% when I 6-link it (and that was doubling smite's DPS)

For Sin Trek, they're just a cheap source of ES. Higher ES 30+% MS boots typically cost a lot more.

DPS tooltip wise I hit 90k+, on PoB I'm getting 71k. Arc is at about 83k at the moment.

I'm thinking if there are ways to further improve the build but unfortunately with the unique restrictions it seems it isn't possible. I would love to be able to take this build towards the "immortal / high dps" class but unfortunately my game knowledge isn't that deep so I could do that on my own.

Edit: Just did Shaper with this current setup, didn't die to anything game related.. only death was due to a rubber-band effect. DPS was quite good enough to do this comfortably and I don't have "bis" every slot (weapon has perfect stats but no fortify, useless clarity, etc).
Last edited by murasam3 on Jan 10, 2019, 10:51:46 AM
"
murasam3 wrote:
"
Townsfoe wrote:

DPS tooltip wise I hit 90k+, on PoB I'm getting 71k. Arc is at about 83k at the moment.

I'm thinking if there are ways to further improve the build but unfortunately with the unique restrictions it seems it isn't possible. I would love to be able to take this build towards the "immortal / high dps" class but unfortunately my game knowledge isn't that deep so I could do that on my own.

Edit: Just did Shaper with this current setup, didn't die to anything game related.. only death was due to a rubber-band effect. DPS was quite good enough to do this comfortably and I don't have "bis" every slot (weapon has perfect stats but no fortify, useless clarity, etc).

One thing to consider for Arc DPS is that you can't go off the shown DPS value. You need to take the average hit from Arc and multiply by Smite's APS. My Arc Shaper DPS in PoB shows 110k, but since it's really triggering ~6 times per second instead of using my cast speed, the true DPS is about 320k. Non-shaper DPS shown is 160k, but really 971k.
"
murasam3 wrote:
"
Townsfoe wrote:

checked your gear, i think you should recraft lightning damage to attacks on ring for lightning + cold/fire damage, coz it also adds damage to spells

should be a tiny boost )
Last edited by Sonidox on Jan 10, 2019, 11:20:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info