[3.8] The Kingsguard - LL Aurabot Dominating Blow Summoner Tank - Uber Elder and Atziri, Delve 600+

i didnt know i had to enable this option, should be visible now. my blood magic gem in the boots (linked with haste) is lvl20 so im not sure whats happening.
Hi, I'm new-ish to the game and have been trying out this build. I am enjoying it so far. I have gotten to level 91 and have followed the Mk.2 POB as closely as I can, and I have noticed that my armour and damage are about half of the values in the guide's POB. All I am missing are a couple of jewel sockets (including Watcher's Eye), +2 auras on the Sin Treks, and switching to 5R1B from 4R2B on the chest. My rings and current jewels could also be better.

I understand I still have 9 levels to go and everything could very well even out, but I just wanted to check in here to see if anyone could notice anything that I may be doing wrong?

Also, does anyone have tips on getting rings and jewels that match this build? I haven't self found anything even close and poe trade doesn't have amazing options either (at least that I can catch).
"
Froglure wrote:
i didnt know i had to enable this option, should be visible now. my blood magic gem in the boots (linked with haste) is lvl20 so im not sure whats happening.

Gotcha, now I can see your characters. I pulled your guy into Path of Building and played around with it. You've got three issues:

1) I'm not sure why you're running Vitality, as the original build doesn't use it. It's only mentioned in case of running some sort of minion life on your helm, which isn't the case here. It ought to be off, or better yet probably not slotted at all. (Edit: Actually I noticed later that Vitality is in the PoB since he's got a Watcher's Eye that needs it, but the point still stands that it shouldn't be running until you've got all the top-end gear.)

2) Your Clarity is way too high. There's no reason to level it above 1, you're not using mana anyway. In fact, you don't need Clarity at all unless you have a Watcher's Eye that gets a benefit from it. Now, I suppose you could run a Clarity for the benefit of party members, but even so I wouldn't level it much at all, maybe 3 or 4.

Combined, changing #1 and #2 will fix your mana globe. You'll be either at almost exactly zero mana, or a very slight unreserved amount, depending on where you end up with Clarity.

3) The lack of the helmet enchantment for one of your blood magic auras - ideally Haste - is why you're over on the life side. If you get the reduction enchantment, that will fix the life globe issue.

So if you do all three of the above, you should be all set. But of course, helmet enchantments are a pain in the ass, so you probably want a better option. Fear not, I gotcha covered. Here's what you do:

1. Swap Discipline and Haste. Now Discipline is linked to Blood Magic, and thanks to it being a lower base reservation cost, you have enough life globe to turn on all your blood auras.

2. Ditch Vitality and lower Clarity's level or drop it entirely, as mentioned above. Now you can turn on all the mana side auras, even with the increased reservation cost of Haste as compared to Discipline.

Additionally, I recommend heartily that you get Vaal gems for Grace, Haste, and Discipline. Vaal Grace is a nice extra defense boost in boss/Syndicate battles, Vaal Haste a nice DPS boost for the same, and Vaal Discipline is almost as good as a heal flask since we have amazing ES recharge.
Last edited by ineffablebob on Jan 6, 2019, 9:17:24 AM
"
Glock_NmyRari wrote:
...I have noticed that my armour and damage are about half of the values in the guide's POB.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, it's just a matter of finding the exact right gear to min/max everything. I'm in a similar place. My PoB DPS says about 20k, compared to 62k on the guide. Still doing fine in red maps thus far, though I haven't done Shaper yet so I don't know how well it's going to hold up there.

"
Glock_NmyRari wrote:
Also, does anyone have tips on getting rings and jewels that match this build? I haven't self found anything even close and poe trade doesn't have amazing options either (at least that I can catch).

The jewels in the build are nuts, I've never seen anything like that for sale. And if you did find them, I'm sure the cost would be sky-high. The two 6% attack speed/20% minion damage jewels alone account for almost 10k DPS in POB. On the survival side of things, the Watcher's Eye is crazy good too. Mine is much less impressive, leading to a much lower total ES. Still mostly living through the battles, though!
Hello how are you ?

I would like to know why the build is different between that of the video mk2 and that put on the forum?
I would like to know why we have a lot of aura spell and why we do not activate them? (which one do you use)
What are the stats to prioritize?
All your gems and all your stuff are corrupt?

Thanks
So i am working on a ~3 mill shaper dps version of this build I'll update it when i have real items and not pretend ones. But i didn't do crazy like 4 mod jewels or anything like that. I will lose grace (i always pick to lose grace its so costly and hardly offer anything unless you vaal it, but i would rather spam vaal haste and run vitality). Also dropping fortify ... not sure if this leaves sentinels too weak, we will keep fortify for ourselves.

Will post more. Love the concept of this build.
First time killed Uber Elder with your build. Had a blast playing it! Easy and cheap to start, hard and expensive to master. The only problems I had with this build were Uber Elder last phase, 2nd bosses on Uber Atziri and Phoenix boss, still doable tho. Thanks for this guide!
"
ineffablebob wrote:
Spoiler
"
Froglure wrote:

Gotcha, now I can see your characters. I pulled your guy into Path of Building and played around with it. You've got three issues:

1) I'm not sure why you're running Vitality, as the original build doesn't use it. It's only mentioned in case of running some sort of minion life on your helm, which isn't the case here. It ought to be off, or better yet probably not slotted at all. (Edit: Actually I noticed later that Vitality is in the PoB since he's got a Watcher's Eye that needs it, but the point still stands that it shouldn't be running until you've got all the top-end gear.)

2) Your Clarity is way too high. There's no reason to level it above 1, you're not using mana anyway. In fact, you don't need Clarity at all unless you have a Watcher's Eye that gets a benefit from it. Now, I suppose you could run a Clarity for the benefit of party members, but even so I wouldn't level it much at all, maybe 3 or 4.

Combined, changing #1 and #2 will fix your mana globe. You'll be either at almost exactly zero mana, or a very slight unreserved amount, depending on where you end up with Clarity.

3) The lack of the helmet enchantment for one of your blood magic auras - ideally Haste - is why you're over on the life side. If you get the reduction enchantment, that will fix the life globe issue.

So if you do all three of the above, you should be all set. But of course, helmet enchantments are a pain in the ass, so you probably want a better option. Fear not, I gotcha covered. Here's what you do:

1. Swap Discipline and Haste. Now Discipline is linked to Blood Magic, and thanks to it being a lower base reservation cost, you have enough life globe to turn on all your blood auras.

2. Ditch Vitality and lower Clarity's level or drop it entirely, as mentioned above. Now you can turn on all the mana side auras, even with the increased reservation cost of Haste as compared to Discipline.

Additionally, I recommend heartily that you get Vaal gems for Grace, Haste, and Discipline. Vaal Grace is a nice extra defense boost in boss/Syndicate battles, Vaal Haste a nice DPS boost for the same, and Vaal Discipline is almost as good as a heal flask since we have amazing ES recharge.

awesome, thanks a lot!
switched out vitality (thought it had to be used in the boots) and now i have a spot for portal :D. i wasnt using clarity at all and never bothered to check that its using more mana the higher the level but i put in vaal skeletons and got the other vaal gems you recommended.

the discipline/haste swap should be mentioned in the guide because thats an awesome solution. now i just need to get more ES because i still feel a bit squishy ^^
I’ve played a life based version of dom blow all league after some troubles with Uber elder I thought switching to this build would be the next step in progression,After the swap, mapping feels worse, all the guardians feel worse , delving feels worse, I haven’t tried shaper or Uber elder again on this iteration but I can’t imagine them feeling any better. I’m admittedly a bit salty after investing so much to be so disappointed. Do I just need to get the GG abyss jewels and the watchers eye for it to finally click and feel amazing ? I don’t feel like I’m Regening enough ES
Hello everyone,

Can someone explain to me why, in the PoB (Path of Building), the Leveling Trees are totally different from the Main Tree, and which one should I follow.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info