3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP-Shaper&Uber Atziri down (Videos)

Would be cool if they updated the scion sub-ascendency for guardian to have SOMETHING for sentinels, then you could maybe do a Guardian/Necro hybrid.

"
titides wrote:
"
kilgorek wrote:
Madness Propagators are normal rarity mobs with a shitton of energy shield and HP.
You cannot proc on them with HoP (20% chance) and DomBlow (10% chance) because it works only on Unique mobs.

I dont really understand.

When you kill a normal mob, we can create normal sentinels.
We should be able to create sentinels whatever the life of normal mobs.
That MP have a lot of life should not change anything, right ?

10% or 20% chance is just for rare or unique monster.

He's saying this: the only time we generate sentinels "on hit" is for unique mobs. Normal mobs only generate it on death. That's normally not a problem, as they fall over instantly, but on uber elder the maddness propagators are considered normal mobs, but have a TON of hp (more than many rares). So the problem becomes that we either need to bring lots of sentinels to kill them (generated from other targets like shaper/elder), or kill them slowly with our own damage, since sentinels won't generate on their own while we are trying to kill the propagators.
Last edited by Xyrm on Oct 23, 2018, 12:56:24 PM
ATM, I buy this helmet ... for 11c :D

Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
good stuff.

I have recently switched to ele/phys build. DPS wise its really strong. Had to invest in empower lv4 and enlighten lv4 to squeeze HoP and Hatred.

Also, I have decided to run Animated Guardian with Kingmaker. Culling strike to all minions is OP.

I have dropped golem and moved back to Holy Relic for some regen and I am right now experimenting a little with minion speed jewellery.

"
kilgorek wrote:
good stuff.

I have recently switched to ele/phys build. DPS wise its really strong. Had to invest in empower lv4 and enlighten lv4 to squeeze HoP and Hatred.

Also, I have decided to run Animated Guardian with Kingmaker. Culling strike to all minions is OP.

I have dropped golem and moved back to Holy Relic for some regen and I am right now experimenting a little with minion speed jewellery.

I use this shield for single target. It gives me a level 30 Herald of Purity with level 4 empower. I use vigilant strike and the vigil jewel to give my minions fortify for some extra protection.
Talking about gem lv vs links for sentinels: have you tried new POB functionality for minions? I am talking about dps calculations.

I have been lurking Reddit recently and I have noticed that significant upgrade. Haven't tried that yet.
Sorry double post... On my phone right now and for reasons known only for my s9 it always submit 2x...
Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 29, 2018, 2:21:13 AM
"
kilgorek wrote:
Talking about gem lv vs links for sentinels: have you tried new POB functionality for minions? I am talking about dps calculations.

I have been lurking Reddit recently and I have noticed that significant upgrade. Haven't tried that yet.

Yeah. On my character Empower level 4 on dominating blow gives a little less dps ruthless, but your dudes get 4k more life. If you get a +1 gem or +2 duration chest, empower will have you more dps than ruthless.

For Sentinel of Purity, a level 30 sentinel has ~60k life. Empower level 4 gives slightly less dps than melee physical damage when using armour without + to gems, but your sentinel gains 10k life.
I have tried to use it but still, don't know if I am getting good values.
What DPS you have on your Sentinels?

For my armour it seems that empower lv4 is bad choice in case of Domination Blow. From what you are saying ruthless is a better option.
As for the Sentinels of Purity lv30 seems crazy but the question remains is it worth it? DPS is probably lower than on +2 lv helmet (lv23) with pseudo 5L.

The only fight that is still bothering me is Uber Elder fight. I haven't tried it since my last post about Madness Propagators but still thinking about the tries I did.

I think that combination of your approach: 1) duration nodes (which in my opinion in a mapping or delve situation are just QoL which is not needed) 2) high level Sentinels with lots of HP and decent dps, could be a solution for handling Propagators.
"
kilgorek wrote:
I have tried to use it but still, don't know if I am getting good values.
What DPS you have on your Sentinels?

For my armour it seems that empower lv4 is bad choice in case of Domination Blow. From what you are saying ruthless is a better option.
As for the Sentinels of Purity lv30 seems crazy but the question remains is it worth it? DPS is probably lower than on +2 lv helmet (lv23) with pseudo 5L.

The only fight that is still bothering me is Uber Elder fight. I haven't tried it since my last post about Madness Propagators but still thinking about the tries I did.

I think that combination of your approach: 1) duration nodes (which in my opinion in a mapping or delve situation are just QoL which is not needed) 2) high level Sentinels with lots of HP and decent dps, could be a solution for handling Propagators.

Here are the stats.

Ruthless is a slight damage boost over empower level 4. It won't make a significant difference. According to PoB, Ruthless gives me 5% more dps over Empower lvl 4.

DPS is lower than 5-link helmet, but I often switch spectres and I like them in a helmet. I checked your character on PoB, if you get the aura nodes you could put in Melee Physical Damage for Maim. Your HoP would gain 17% DPS.

You should be using Vigilant Strike with the Vigil. Fortify is great for minions.
Thx for the advice. I'll check all your suggestions. I need more HP on my jewels to aim ~7K after all changes.

I see that you dropped SMITE in your setup. Is it worth it to change it to VStrike?

Question: if I have my HoP in +2 helmet or like in your case +4 shield should I manually adjust my lv21 HoP gem to 23/25 respectively? or PoB already calculates that?

Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 30, 2018, 11:22:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info