3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP-Shaper&Uber Atziri down (Videos)

"
kilgorek wrote:

"
Heywoody wrote:

Kilgorek have a helmet with minions damage, etc ...
Heywoody have gloves with faster attack, etc ...

Who tried to have HoP & DomBlow in helmet & gloves and Spectres in a Belly ?
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Last edited by titides on Oct 21, 2018, 12:06:15 PM
"
titides wrote:

Who tried to have HoP & DomBlow in helmet & gloves and Spectres in a Belly ?

You're just going full spectre that way :))
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
Hey, I read through your guide, and I'm super interested in giving it a whirl... but I did have a few questions first!

1) Are there any map mods this build can't do? What about ones it struggles with, even if it can? (Just eyeing it over, no regen seems bad, what about phys reflect?)

2) Can this build be scaled to kill uber elder with enough investment? Or is there some mechanical problem that makes it not ideal for that fight?

3) I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but can this build solo HOGM?
Last edited by Xyrm on Oct 22, 2018, 10:14:08 AM
"
dr0guletz wrote:
You're just going full spectre that way :))

Depend of your spectres ;)
Else, I try a duelist champion, and it's very good.
With a loreweave, at lvl 91, I have 7K life, 80 all max res and 13 jewels.

I try this new item in Delve, but I dont have an enchant.
Compared to a Lightpoacher, I loose 14% all res but I gain 8% life.

NB : no answer from GGG to calculate dps of sentinels :(
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Last edited by titides on Oct 22, 2018, 10:31:40 AM
"
Xyrm wrote:
Hey, I read through your guide, and I'm super interested in giving it a whirl... but I did have a few questions first!

1) Are there any map mods this build can't do? What about ones it struggles with, even if it can? (Just eyeing it over, no regen seems bad, what about phys reflect?)

2) Can this build be scaled to kill uber elder with enough investment? Or is there some mechanical problem that makes it not ideal for that fight?

3) I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but can this build solo HOGM?

1. I skip phys reflect. Less life recovery can be dangerous.

Delve gets sketchy 450+ with multiple damage mods.

Here's what I have to do in sketchy biomes to survive (depth 515~)

2. Damage isn't a problem. Being able to survive and sentinel generation is where you will run into issues. You should be able to kill them if you are experienced with the fight. I haven't tried.

3. No idea, but same issue as uber elder. Try it and find out.

If you are interested in the build then play it and figure out what works best for you. Best part of PoE.
Last edited by Ofnir_ on Oct 22, 2018, 2:41:33 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:

This is not a build I recommend to do this fight. Tried like 15x. Best result was getting them down to 25-30% with very lucky propagators kills. At the end I died to degen simply because of this:

"
kilgorek wrote:

Ok, guys here is the thing. I have noticed that yesterday but I thought that it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Today I have analyzed all videos taken from yesterday and two tries I had a couple of minutes ago.

It seems that you cannot generate Sentinels on Madness Propagators (squids which shit on the floor and make the encounter unbearable) while they have their ES on. They spawn with shield and you simply cannot summon anything using HoP or DomBlow while hitting them. If you burn down their ES skills start to "connect" and minions begin to spawn.

This small thing actually makes this encounter 200% harder. You just stand there knee deep in all kind of degen/balls/other shit and try to generate your dps while Shaper and Elder are simply destroying life in the arena.

I don't know if its just this encounter or this is true for all ES shielded mobs. I haven't noticed that before while mapping or delving.

My opinion is that you can theoretically do it, but it will be a corpse run and huge lotto, definitely not a reproducible kill.
"
kilgorek wrote:
My opinion is that you can theoretically do it, but it will be a corpse run and huge lotto, definitely not a reproducible kill.

Interesting, TY. Seems like that is a bug, however, no?
I really don't know if its a bug or not. The fact is that before you burn their ES mobs don't spawn. Since Madness Propagators have shittone of ES your sentinel generation sucks...
I am not a mechanically gifted player, so I can imagine someone more skilful who will do it. Nevertheless, this is a very random encounter for this build.

here is a short clip to highlight the problem. Please note that this attempt was already wasted and I just wanted to compare differences between hitting shaper/elder and madness propagators.

VIDEO https://youtu.be/CZBR451Tev8

(sorry for the quality it changed when I cut this part of the video)

at 00:30 you can see that I finally managed to hit Shaper which instantly gave me sentinels

at 00:36 you can see that before beam I also landed some hits which resulted in sentinels

at 00:44 I saw my chance to get to one of the Madness Propagators - before I was killed by beam I lander some shots... no sentinels (you can see that I was hitting it because ES was decreasing).

Like I said this attempt as already wasted, but the truth is, other tries ended up more or less the same way. I usually die overwhelmed by degen on the floor.

Another thing worth noticing is how fast sentinels die. I was running Purity of Ice AND Vitality during my attempts.

Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 22, 2018, 6:52:11 PM
"
kilgorek wrote:
I really don't know if its a bug or not. The fact is that before you burn their ES mobs don't spawn. Since Madness Propagators have shittone of ES your sentinel generation sucks...
I am not a mechanically gifted player, so I can imagine someone more skilful who will do it. Nevertheless, this is a very random encounter for this build.
here is a short clip to highlight the problem. Please note that this attempt was already wasted and I just wanted to compare differences between hitting shaper/elder and madness propagators.
VIDEO https://youtu.be/CZBR451Tev8
(sorry for the quality it changed when I cut this part of the video)
at 00:30 you can see that I finally managed to hit Shaper which instantly gave me sentinels
at 00:36 you can see that before beam I also landed some hits which resulted in sentinels
at 00:44 I saw my chance to get to one of the Madness Propagators - before I was killed by beam I lander some shots... no sentinels (you can see that I was hitting it because ES was decreasing).
Like I said this attempt as already wasted, but the truth is, other tries ended up more or less the same way. I usually die overwhelmed by degen on the floor.
Another thing worth noticing is how fast sentinels die. I was running Purity of Ice AND Vitality during my attempts.

We should address this to GGG
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
Already done that some days ago, here is the topic on Bug reports forum

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2239678

AND TODAY I have finally got the answer which was there ALL THE TIME. Even in the video.

Madness Propagators are normal rarity monsters... I am so stupid that I haven't noticed that. So, ladies and gentlemen, we have to kill them using dom blow default attack and that sucks.

Knowing that my advice for anyone trying to handle this encounter is to:

- buff minion life and ress to max
- use max duration nodes for minions
- use protective auras with a wide range
- gather max attack speed in order to generate mobs fast only on Elder/Shaper
- prepare lots of shaper sets and... pray
Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 23, 2018, 5:03:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info