[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

Where do you build your endurance charges, how does that work?
"
Zakoovius wrote:
Where do you build your endurance charges, how does that work?

The ascendancy. when i kill burning enemies
Hey,
I recently started looking into what I´ll want to play in the next league (assuming for now no buffs, nerfs or new introductions change my mind) and since I haven't played consecrated path at all yet and it looks really fun I was looking into this build.

However after a quick mockup on path of building with the same really crappy budget gear (Ahn's Might + The Princess for weapons) and comparing Chieftain to Champion it felt like champion had the upper hand, all be it slightly.

Has anyone any expirience playing this as a champion?

"
CryptoSC wrote:
Hey,
I recently started looking into what I´ll want to play in the next league (assuming for now no buffs, nerfs or new introductions change my mind) and since I haven't played consecrated path at all yet and it looks really fun I was looking into this build.

However after a quick mockup on path of building with the same really crappy budget gear (Ahn's Might + The Princess for weapons) and comparing Chieftain to Champion it felt like champion had the upper hand, all be it slightly.

Yea people have liked champion a lot too. But champion relies on more temporary buffs than chieftain does, so POB dps might be less reliable. and chieftain might be tankier.

btw, Ahn's Might + The Princess might feel bad. its a slow weapon. Also, slow weapon means it herald of purity isnt as effective. if ur gonna use ahn's use a prismatic eclipse. I'd prefer dreamfeather + tempestuous steel until i find a rare sword. Fast weapon feels really nice for CP. it feels like leap slamming with a fast vs slow weapon
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Nov 13, 2018, 12:00:34 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
CryptoSC wrote:
Hey,

Yea people have liked champion a lot too. But champion relies on more temporary buffs than chieftain does, so POB dps might be less reliable. and chieftain might be tankier.

btw, Ahn's Might + The Princess might feel bad. its a slow weapon. Also, slow weapon means it herald of purity isnt as effective. if ur gonna use ahn's use a prismatic eclipse. I'd prefer dreamfeather + tempestuous steel until i find a rare sword. Fast weapon feels really nice for CP. it feels like leap slamming with a fast vs slow weapon

thanks for the response.
As for the gear set, I just wanted a really cheap baseline to compare the builds by, and ahns might + princess was the first thing that popped into my mind but dreamfeather is a really good suggestion also.

I´ll probably slap together the build as a chieftain and champion on standard and test out which feels better in real gameplay since you are correct in saying PoB does not include temporary buffs and gameplay feel.

Also I just realized, with champion you have to take Avatar of Fire which is substanitally worse with stat sticks than ngamahus flame advance so maby with putting in actual endgame gear the chieftain build will surpass champion also (though I really liked the idea of 100% hit chance and free fortify :D)
Yes, I'm new, please try to be understanding as I'm still trying to figure out how some of the aspects in the game work. I'm a D2 refugee and this game is a lot more complicated. I've made some of the modifications you and the OP suggested. Because of that, I was able to complete the third trial with minimal difficulty, so thank you so much!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tragyn/characters

Am I looking closer now or am I still out to lunch?
"
CryptoSC wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
CryptoSC wrote:
Hey,

thanks for the response.
As for the gear set, I just wanted a really cheap baseline to compare the builds by, and ahns might + princess was the first thing that popped into my mind but dreamfeather is a really good suggestion also.

I´ll probably slap together the build as a chieftain and champion on standard and test out which feels better in real gameplay since you are correct in saying PoB does not include temporary buffs and gameplay feel.

Also I just realized, with champion you have to take Avatar of Fire which is substanitally worse with stat sticks than ngamahus flame advance so maby with putting in actual endgame gear the chieftain build will surpass champion also (though I really liked the idea of 100% hit chance and free fortify :D)

you dont need to take avatar of fire, especially if your statstick is really good
"
Tragyn wrote:
Yes, I'm new, please try to be understanding as I'm still trying to figure out how some of the aspects in the game work. I'm a D2 refugee and this game is a lot more complicated. I've made some of the modifications you and the OP suggested. Because of that, I was able to complete the third trial with minimal difficulty, so thank you so much!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tragyn/characters

Am I looking closer now or am I still out to lunch?

Nice! Welcome to POE. You saw the announcements today right? Hope you were mind blown haha

for boots, you typically want one with movement speed on them. try to get one with 20% or more, but this is optional.

Take another look at your flasks. 3 life flasks is too many. you need a diamond flask. see my flask section

are you using conc effect on the 6 link always? Swap it with increased AOE when youre not fighting bosses. it's a lot nicer.

you can remove the life leech on the tree, because you got fire leech on the ascendancy now

on jewels, crit multi is much better than crit chance. it's like 2x better i think for dps. So imagine 20% crit chance is about the same dps increase as 10% crit multi. But multi jewels might be hard to get in standard.

your amulet and paua ring still isnt good. diamond ring is only so-so. you want life/resist/accuracy on rings, and added phys, life, crit multi on amulet. Fire damage is nice but it is a rare mod, so you're restricting your searches if you specifically look for them. I think you really lack accuracy right now. especially as you level up, your hit chance will decrease

how much endur charges needs for this build?
"
how much endur charges needs for this build?

i only have 3. you can take more if you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info