[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

"
Werdna76 wrote:
OK, I'm back and playing a bit and I'm up to lvl 92. 20 watchstones, but died to Sirius just screwing around trying it out. Still feeling pretty good, except for penetration -- too many resist elemental / resists cold bosses that are hard to dent. I haven't gotten Pandemonius yet (not rich), but have some pen from tree (16) and anoint (5), and just got a wise oak with 15% pen. The question is about flasks:

How should I flask? Atziri's and Lion's Roar seem like must use, as is a life/staunching flask. I've got a sulphur/ignite and diamond/shock flask to protect me from those ailments. not sure if I should replace ignite with curse. though. I'm running Brass Dome so shock is something I need to deal with.

Should I drop Atziri's to run Wise Oak? Or find a way to play around ignite/shock and drop the sulphur or diamond?

Or just carry wise oak in inventory and break it out on tough-nut bosses in place of a damage flask? I guess it's also good on elemental weakness maps.

Curious what others are doing in terms of penetration/wise-oak.

Thanks!

So I ponied up the dough and bought a curse with elemental weakness gloves until I get Panda... but I might use both. Extra pen already seems to be helping.
On the 6L chest if you had to use a Green Support Gem which one would you use?

Awakened Added Cold Damage Support

or

Awakened Cold Penetration Support

or

Hypothermia Support
So I am currently Lv 86 and pretty broke. What should be my next goal to upgrade? (Except the gems) PS: I play with 4 auras and have 70 mana left and thats still good for me

PoB Paste: https://pastebin.com/YAer2pdP

Gear:
Spoiler

Hi there!

I really really like this IceCrash build. But I have some problems.

How can I improve my build? I dont really know where to begin lol. I had some luck last day so I got over 4 Exalted for a 2h sword. So thats my budget right now.

What can I do to improve my IceCrash?

Yeha I know have not completed the last lab but besides that ^^

Thanks in advance
Cheers
KingBeMMe
"
Kingbemme wrote:
Hi there!

I really really like this IceCrash build. But I have some problems.

How can I improve my build? I dont really know where to begin lol. I had some luck last day so I got over 4 Exalted for a 2h sword. So thats my budget right now.

What can I do to improve my IceCrash?

Yeha I know have not completed the last lab but besides that ^^

Thanks in advance
Cheers
KingBeMMe

With 4 Ex do the following:

1) Buy Yoke of Suffering for ~20c

2) Buy Mark of the Elder Ring for ~20c

3) Buy a strong shaper ring for ~70c

4) Buy Starkonja's Helmet with best enchant for ~1ex

5) Buy Lion's Roar Flask for ~10c

6) Buy Atziri's Promise flask for ~5c

7) Get all flasks to Quality of 20

8) Anoint amulet with Bludgeon Blitz

Get best rolls you can on every thing even if it costs more.

With rest of money use it to max resists where needed

"
Sirzento1 wrote:
So I am currently Lv 86 and pretty broke. What should be my next goal to upgrade? (Except the gems) PS: I play with 4 auras and have 70 mana left and thats still good for me

Gear:
Spoiler

Get Yoke of Suffering and anoint it

Start saving up for enchanted Starkonja helmet.

Get Lion's Roar and Aztiri's Promise flasks (cheap and extremely important to this build)
I had a jugg build on standard that was obsoleted by a nerf, so I threw a facsimile of this one together with on-hand items to see how it performs.

Without buying some needed items for damage (like the rings), the damage looks very promising, but unfortunately the character is very very squishy. I die easily in level 14-16 maps to trash packs, and can't even touch some of the conquerors (hezmin, drox) at awakened level 5.

My defensive stats are similar to what I see in the pastebin at the top of the thread. No loreweave so res caps are 75, and phys reduction is 59% without flasks. Over 6k life.

When battling, I take frequent heavy damage. Not sure if this is elemental or physical. Chaos is also a problem (hezmin).

I have another jugg with the same ascendency nodes, which is vastly more tanky, but has pretty low damage. I was hoping for something similar that could kill bosses faster. The only thing that is really different is that the other jugg is CI and converts 25% elemental to chaos (Incandescent Heart armor). Has over 9k energy shield.

I'm just not sure why the huge difference in survivability. Maybe I'm missing something?

Another issue is that Ice Crash seems very buggy and fiddly. Lot's of times it seems to miss parts of trash packs and has to be recast a lot. On single target's it can miss entirely if not targeted well. Various nearby objects cause it not to hit. Same things that were broken about molten strike when they nerfed it. So I would not want to do a lot of maps with this skill. Maybe ok for bosses.

Sorry to be disappointed. The build looked good in the videos.

"
shrunn57 wrote:
I had a jugg build on standard that was obsoleted by a nerf, so I threw a facsimile of this one together with on-hand items to see how it performs.

Without buying some needed items for damage (like the rings), the damage looks very promising, but unfortunately the character is very very squishy. I die easily in level 14-16 maps to trash packs, and can't even touch some of the conquerors (hezmin, drox) at awakened level 5.

My defensive stats are similar to what I see in the pastebin at the top of the thread. No loreweave so res caps are 75, and phys reduction is 59% without flasks. Over 6k life.

When battling, I take frequent heavy damage. Not sure if this is elemental or physical. Chaos is also a problem (hezmin).

I have another jugg with the same ascendency nodes, which is vastly more tanky, but has pretty low damage. I was hoping for something similar that could kill bosses faster. The only thing that is really different is that the other jugg is CI and converts 25% elemental to chaos (Incandescent Heart armor). Has over 9k energy shield.

I'm just not sure why the huge difference in survivability. Maybe I'm missing something?

Another issue is that Ice Crash seems very buggy and fiddly. Lot's of times it seems to miss parts of trash packs and has to be recast a lot. On single target's it can miss entirely if not targeted well. Various nearby objects cause it not to hit. Same things that were broken about molten strike when they nerfed it. So I would not want to do a lot of maps with this skill. Maybe ok for bosses.

Sorry to be disappointed. The build looked good in the videos.

If you have them on hand, move to Lion's Roar flask and Atziri's Promise flask. They are both critical to build, especially Lion's Roar which provides a crap ton of defense.
"
If you have them on hand, move to Lion's Roar flask and Atziri's Promise flask. They are both critical to build, especially Lion's Roar which provides a crap ton of defense.

I did notice that lion's roar was called for, but did't have one available. However, I don't use an armor flask on my other jugg (at the about the same armor level), so I'm surprised it is so needed.

P.S. I avoid builds with mandatory flask usage due to the serious limitations of key binding in this game.
Last edited by shrunn57 on Jan 5, 2020, 8:03:59 PM
"
"
Sirzento1 wrote:

Gear:
Spoiler

Get Yoke of Suffering and anoint it

Start saving up for enchanted Starkonja helmet.

Get Lion's Roar and Aztiri's Promise flasks (cheap and extremely important to this build)

Anoit it with? Btw thats so expensive
Last edited by Sirzento1 on Jan 5, 2020, 8:43:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info