[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

"
tyman289 wrote:
yessssssssssssssssssssssss rolled my 6link todays 3 exalts down but glad it didnt take it all haha

congrats!

3ex is an excellent price to upgrade from a 5 link Lore to a 6 link lore. You saved around 2ex!
"
Werdna76 wrote:
"
"
Werdna76 wrote:
Question: what’s the best support setup for a 4-link Vaal AW? I’m thinking Multi-totem, Ruthless, Added Cold. Other builds seem to go for melee phys or elemental added dmg, but since AW does 50/50 phys/cold in this build, neither seems like a good choice to me. Maybe pulverize over ruthless?

Any ideas? I’m not planning on using using Kaom’s Roots, so I have some room to work with for better single target support.

Thanks!

PS my skill loadout will look like:
Armor: IC, multi, fortify, ruthless, elemental, CE//added-cold
4L: HoP, hatred, blood sand, Vaal haste
4L: blood magic, precision, leap slam, fast attack
4L: Vaal AW, multi totem, ruthless, added cold
Weapon: cwdt, frost bomb. // blood rage
Offhand: cwdt(20), molten shell(20), ice golem(20)

Are you currently running this? My first instinct is that you are going to have mana problems with having hatred, precision, blood and sand and HoP all up at the same time. But maybe you have a massive mana pool to allow it.

The Vaal AW setup looks good but it is worth mentioning that this build typically does not employ AW to create damage by itself. It is mostly used as a one socket item so that we can use the 32% more Melee Damage while Totem is Active stat while Ice Crashing. The damage AW does by itself is in the noise.

I’m still Perma-AFK until 12/31, so this is just me planning while on vacation so I can skip through thinking while I’m playing. My precision goes on blood magic and is low level, so it just takes a little HP in exchange for a nice crit boost and some accuracy/attack speed. Could also help with a watchers eye.

As for the AW I’m just trying to use my extra gem slots to squeeze out more damage. At least totems should have good up time and provide other distracting targets (like the heralds). That said if the damage really is peanuts, I’m not sure what else really helps in the open gem slots. CoD + Portal, lol... do totems use your passives and gear globals? Just your basic attack though which lowers dps?

I’ve thought about Kaoms roots in the event there just aren’t enough worthwhile gems to use, but I don’t like that it renders blind/evade useless. I’d like to plan for pandemonious (blind) and evasion > 2000 from non-body-armor for some added evasion. My main armor will be brass dome, so I should have armor and crit covered with just the one piece plus tree scaling.

sounds good.

If you are going to stick with a 4 link AW, might I suggest adding Culling Strike? The damage may be meaningless over all but a 10% chop from AW while you are running away could be key in some fights when the boss gets low and you can't finish him off by yourself.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 26, 2019, 7:26:17 PM
That’s a good idea. Guess I should PoB some of this when I get home to see how the damage looks.
That’s a good idea. Guess I should PoB some of this when I get home to see how the damage looks.
sry, idk how to delete a post
Last edited by Scoot03 on Dec 26, 2019, 8:43:45 PM
Hi. If I choose to go with the Kaom's Roots boots that has no sockets available, I will no longer be able to use the CWDT curse/debuff setup.
Should I stick with rare boots instead? But then I won't be immune to stun, chill, freeze and temporal chains. :/
I know this is a starter build but should this be able to do the uber lab? I'm level 88 but got one hit on the third phase. I didn't prioritize the health nodes so that's maybe my problem? Just trying to determine whether it's possible or not.
Last edited by chess3007 on Dec 26, 2019, 9:25:22 PM
"
zelme95 wrote:
But then I won't be immune to stun, chill, freeze and temporal chains. :/

Unstoppable ascendancy takes care of most of that. Chill/temp chains will make you slower, but only down to your base stats with unstoppable.

I run Uber lab with one hand while texting on my other, no Kaom's roots.
Last edited by Bentley813 on Dec 26, 2019, 9:23:45 PM
"
chess3007 wrote:
I Know this is a starter build but should this be able to do the uber lab? I'm level 88 but got one hit on the third phase. I didn't prioritize the health nodes so that's maybe my problem? Just trying to determine whether it's possible or not.

Should have over 5500hp and a good amount of armor/phys reduction for Uber Lab. I can tank his heaviest slams with 5900hp on this build.
Hey huys, I've just droppped a ryslatha's coil studded belt with "ok " stats. Should I keep it for the build or selt it ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info