[3.3] Max Block Rain of Arrows Gladiator - League Starter - Build discussion

Sid, I can't help but think you're doing something very, very wrong. I wanted to do an Ice Shot char, but I'm using (Vaal) RoA because it is just better right now. I have abyssmal gear and clear T1-2 easily. RoA oneshots normal mobs and VRoA oneshots rares. It takes a bit for bosses, but it is ok. I'm pretty sure that a build focussed on RoA would do quite well if you build it correctly.

I'm running RoA on a 4link (3link really because added fire does nothing)

Edit: Looked a bit at your posts. The skill tree is awful (like: awfuuuuuuuul) and the links seem questionable.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
Last edited by Shaileen on Jun 8, 2018, 9:40:10 AM
well.. the tree is what it is because this post is about GLADIATOR BLOCK build, not just ROA build.

if it wasnt for that i would do what anyone does - full ele conversion, ele pen etc. but you cannot do this still going for very high block - there are not enough passives to pick

this build - despite it looking preeeeeety bad - achieved its goal - i hit lvl90, killed all T14+ guardians, did not even attempt shaper/elder due to junk single target (and fights being very DOT heavy). the 'tank' part is there - i havent died to non-crash or non-bs stuff after starting to play seriously for levels (around lvl 85 or so) doing red maps

the clear is 'ok' but, well.. you know.. ive played Tornado Shot and Barrage with volley fire enough to know what is and what isnt junk. ROA clear speed while 'ok' cannot hold candle to TS. i do enough damage, i erase breaches and abyss mobs etc - but the mechanics are not that great (you cannot hit more than X targets per volley no matter what, lots of stragglers everywhere and the single target is very weak)

most probably key to single target is conc effect and using ROA without quality (you want as little AOE as possible). this should allow bosses be hit with 1 (initial, guaranteed arrow) and then with more than 1 'extra'. sadly small-hitbox bosses cannot exceed 3 hits (assuming everything hits). this leads us to very link-heavy setup

oh, and if i want to make a flat-ele-added damage - i know how to do it. again - point of this build is it being a GLADIATOR build with block, then ROA, not the other way around

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info