[3.3] Max Block Rain of Arrows Gladiator - League Starter - Build discussion

I will use this build as a starter, but I really hope that you will update it since I have never played a bow build before and I have no idea what to link with ROA
I'm going to be using this for a league starter as well. Would you be able to post the links and a Path of Building setup please?
got to lvl 51 (standard with semi twink gear) so far

there are few issues:
- ROA is pretty bad still
- Gladiator gives us block and not that much more. youll have to get your damage somewhere else
- difficult to stack crit and crit is the way to play bows
- Lioneye's Fall is expensive
- ROA is meh (but ive told you that already)
- im not sold on Point Blank. The ROA AOE is rather large and PB range is very short.. it works great with traps/mines but with self-attack? i have serious doubts

the concept is sound, the skill looks ok and the vaal version really helps with single targets BUT simply slotting Tornado Shot makes this build twice+ as good
lvl71

ROA is very very weak skill
using this bow i barely clear tier 1-3 maps

(Chin Sol is absolutely subpar IN PRACTICE)

- some issues with itemization: this type of stretch-out tree has a surprising consequence on being low on both INT and DEX (!). you need to take care of these
- damage.. the skill is very weak. its added effectiveness means Attack Speed being the best scaling factor yet in practice it is weaker than higher 'alpha' damage. two volleys per pack is double the time other skills need
- this means 'all phys' seems to be the best option yet there are not enough pure phys ranged gems to support it
- block is cool, i run these maps with 3k life.. survivability is not a problem, damage is
- prepare Ranged Attack Totem setup

current setup (standard)
Spoiler

and with this gear it is abysmal experience.. ROA != Tornado Shot
Vaal roa is better, damage on boss is good.

lvl 77

uber-ascended, easily

ive taken all block ascendancies + frenzy/endurance charge one. bloodsplosions are cool but do not help with bosses/rares much, bleed does not help either - but block makes you extremely tanky

uber ascended with 3.8k life..

ROA does not hold candle to Tornado Shot and its main problem is absolute lack of single target potential, yet it does not enough damage to be used in 4-5link + 6link barrage. at that point just use 2 volley fires

it will be playable at lvl90 but even basic tornado shot/barrage build clears waaaay faster and is just as safe (because what is dead cannot harm you)

ROA definitely needs some sort of single target mechanic. right now out of 28 arrows just 2-3 have a chance of hitting single target enemy. that is not enough. maybe with Conc Effect.. maybe. but right now i have to use totem + vaal ROA and it still is pretty meh
For single target why don't we use blast rain, since now it convert 100% physic dmg to fire dmg so we can invest full phys dmg for it now
well.. ofc you can. but if you want 2 skill setups - Tornado Shot / Barrage is just better

btw - lvl 84 now, 4.5k hp (next nodes are life% only)

and the damage settled at 'bearable' levels. and mind you - i have a preeety good crit bow and ok'ish gear right now

original tree from the OP is waaay to light on damage and to life heavy. with that tree it would be impossible to do any form of maping due to literal minutes needed for boss kills and anything non-white
How about not playing as block or gladiator...it's very hard to scale damage.
This is my tree for Slayer archer back in 3.1 using RoA for clear and Barrage for single target. Haven't tested in 3.3 yet.
Damage is pretty good, running Hatred, Herald of ash and Assassin mark on hit from shaper ring.
Main defense setup is Acrobatics with Phase acro + arctic armour from the Perfect form.
Not really cheap since it uses 2x Lioneye's fall.
www.poeurl.com/bXfi
block gladiator is ok, thats not the 'weak' part - it is the disparity between skills that bothers me.

on the character: lvl 87 right now, life total approaches 4800 (will get it to 5500 with passives and gear upgrades - have junk jewels etc)

did all elder guardians (1xT12, 2xT13, 1xT14). low life total was a problem ONLY for the 'fire' one. ignites that one does are immense. Pantheon powers helped A LOT here.

Elder (T15) - absolutely impossible. single target of ROA is not there yet and i doubt it will ever be unless abusing mines/chin sol/etc

all in all - it is playable, requires good bow (chin sol for general clear or non-mine/trap playstyle might be not enough)

ROA while a lot better than old version still lacks the umph and pure phys options are VERY limited for bows or in general.
Last edited by sidtherat on Jun 6, 2018, 2:34:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info