Indigon Poet's Pen: instant-kill shaper/easy uber elder/7 mil dps (3,5 mil shaper)

what pantheons are you using?
"
Sacr0 wrote:
you can play this without zerphi's+without rf.

Could you go into a little more detail about the "without Zerphi's"? Because I would assume we lose a ton of survivability, making Uber Elder a pain.

And am I missing something or wouldn't Abyss Jewels with ~55 flat ele to spells and life give a lot more damage than the normal jewels you used and pretty much the same life?
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 6, 2018, 12:55:04 PM
Few questions:

Why are you reserving any mana at all if we want to maximize the mana used recently. Wouldn't not using anger and using 50% more mana net way more damage than what anger provides? I guess the penetration from watcher's eye is useful, but you can get close to the same pen on boot enchants.

Secondly, why are you using Bodyswap in the bossing footage? You'll literally double your DPS by taking bodyswap out of your 2nd pen on bosses as every other cast won't proc VD because no corpses were generated on the previous bodyswap cast.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
Few questions:

Why are you reserving any mana at all if we want to maximize the mana used recently. Wouldn't not using anger and using 50% more mana net way more damage than what anger provides? I guess the penetration from watcher's eye is useful, but you can get close to the same pen on boot enchants.

Secondly, why are you using Bodyswap in the bossing footage? You'll literally double your DPS by taking bodyswap out of your 2nd pen on bosses as every other cast won't proc VD because no corpses were generated on the previous bodyswap cast.

As to the auras: If the amount you have unreserved plus the huge amount of mana-regen is enough to cast without pause, then that is perfect. Having another 5000 unreserved would not make a difference.

For the boot enchant, sure, almost the same amount. But only vs bosses that have no adds. But yea, both mods are not really needed, just the mana recovery speed should be ok too.

Also, Mana Recovery + crit multi while affected by Anger is a cheaper option. It adds around half the damage of the penetration mod while being a lot cheaper at ~6-7ex

To the body swap: Being able to constantly move around while also dealing this amount of damage is like the aim of this build. Look at it like this: Without Bodyswap you would constantly have to stop attacking because you need to relocate (Shapers Slam/Beam comes to mind), reducing your "mana used recently" by a TON. And that in turn reduces your damage output by a lot, maybe even enough that in the end you deal less damage than you would with Bodyswap.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 7, 2018, 8:17:50 AM
Quick Question Why in the PoB you have a diamond flask with 1000 Extra spell dmg on it.....
Last edited by refolk102 on Apr 7, 2018, 5:35:43 PM
"
refolk102 wrote:
Quick Question Why in the PoB you have a diamond flask with 1000 Extra spell dmg on it.....

He has that to simulate Indigon, well, some of it. A close to maximized character will come closer to 1500-1700% I think.

As already mentioned in the thread, this build is really bad for PoB. Many components do not show there.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 7, 2018, 6:44:31 PM
triend your vulkuurs poison last league, had lots of fun, think im going to get this going and respect my templar
For required items for the build I'd include at least one fevered mind, seems like without them its very hard to reach the 200 mana spent recently with frenzy
"
kilik706 wrote:
For required items for the build I'd include at least one fevered mind, seems like without them its very hard to reach the 200 mana spent recently with frenzy

I am currently leveling this and I have no problem getting much more than the 200 recently spent. Can check my setup if you want. Only difference is that I actually got 4g Skyforths with ONE(!) 2g vorici craft and can use Chain instead of a blue gem for 10% higher mana multiplier. Frenzy costs 28 base. When I get more mana and mana regen I will start using one Fevered Mind.

But I agree, he should at least mention it somewhere in the build. Many things are not mentioned or not fully explored sadly. Like the possibility to get "Curse Enemies with Level 10-12 Elemental Weakness on hit" on the gloves. The gloves cost like 1chrom, 1 alch for good rolls. Should be really cheap to get that corruption. Just by porting around you will pretty much hit every enemy with Frenzy. It was working really well even before I had Chain.

And if you are ok with your damage, Temporal Chains on hit instead of Ele Weakness will be a huge defensive buff.

I know he uses Warlords Mark as his one curse, for the leech, but from my calculations, even the 0.4% leech as a boot enchant from cruel lab will already easily get us to our life and mana leech cap, so does the exact same thing as Warlords Mark would do.

Another thing is putting a Pure Talent in and connecting to the Witch and Scion. Scion is two points, 8% max mana and 20% mana regen, both ok for the build and it helps a lot with dex requirements. But the big one is the Witch start. Could do 3 points, 20 int and 25% mana regen. Or 5 points 24% max mana, 55% mana regen and some ES. If we connect it we get 0.5% of max mana regenerated per second. Which is huge, depending on how much max mana we have that can easily be +200 mana regenerated per second.

I will also definitely give MoM a go, the nodes behind it give a huge chunk of mana regen and max mana and with ~1200 mana regenerated per second there should be no problem.
Last edited by Mecielle on Apr 8, 2018, 5:18:31 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
kilik706 wrote:

I am currently leveling this and I have no problem getting much more than the 200 recently spent. Can check my setup if you want. Only difference is that I actually got 4g Skyforths with ONE(!) 2g vorici craft and can use Chain instead of a blue gem for 10% higher mana multiplier. Frenzy costs 28 base. When I get more mana and mana regen I will start using one Fevered Mind.

But I agree, he should at least mention it somewhere in the build. Many things are not mentioned or not fully explored sadly. Like the possibility to get "Curse Enemies with Level 10-12 Elemental Weakness on hit" on the gloves. The gloves cost like 1chrom, 1 alch for good rolls. Should be really cheap to get that corruption. Just by porting around you will pretty much hit every enemy with Frenzy. It was working really well even before I had Chain.

And if you are ok with your damage, Temporal Chains on hit instead of Ele Weakness will be a huge defensive buff.

I know he uses Warlords Mark as his one curse, for the leech, but from my calculations, even the 0.4% leech as a boot enchant from cruel lab will already easily get us to our life and mana leech cap, so does the exact same thing as Warlords Mark would do.

Another thing is putting a Pure Talent in and connecting to the Witch and Scion. Scion is two points, 8% max mana and 20% mana regen, both ok for the build and it helps a lot with dex requirements. But the big one is the Witch start. Could do 3 points, 20 int and 25% mana regen. Or 5 points 24% max mana, 55% mana regen and some ES. If we connect it we get 0.5% of max mana regenerated per second. Which is huge, depending on how much max mana we have that can easily be +200 mana regenerated per second.

I will also definitely give MoM a go, the nodes behind it give a huge chunk of mana regen and max mana and with ~1200 mana regenerated per second there should be no problem.

I like pretty much all you said, and went ahead and got myself the ele weakness on hit gloves. I got a question though. The labenchant for the boots is "if you've killed recently" so that wont work against bosses like shaper right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info