[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

So we should link Freezing pulse, inc. Crit chance, Cold Pen, Faster Casting. What else could be linked if hypotermia is useless for us and we run with soul mantle?
Soulmantle is not really necessary at all.

Once you have a lot of crit, I would swap Controlled Destruction for Inc.Crit.

So the links would be Faster Casting, Hypothermia, Controlled Destruction and Cold Pen.
Added Cold can be added if you use Soul Mantle. (I used those exact supports during my shaper and guardian runs)
You could also just use both Inc.Crit and Controlled Destruction.

Why should Hypothermia be useless?
Last edited by VisorX on May 30, 2018, 3:40:23 PM
Alright, but since hypothermia only gives cold damage over time bonus sounds a little off to me. I was thinking on Culling Strike or even a Blind to replace Pandemonium at the beggining
Last edited by bluwara on May 30, 2018, 3:41:06 PM
"
bluwara wrote:
Alright, but since hypothermia only gives cold damage over time bonus sounds a little off to me. I was thinking on Culling Strike or even a Blind to replace Pandemonium at the beggining

Hypothermia gives a more multiplier against chilled enemies. No cold damage over time.
The additional chill- and freezechance is also pretty nice.

Culling Strike is over 10% less damage than other supports, so even if you cull perfectly, it's not worth it. Blind is also really expensive to have as a support. Hypothermia gives you safety too, but has lots of damage as well.
The new tree is out. Looks like we have room to add the Breath of Rime and Heart of Ice nodes (top right of witch).
a) Would this be a wise use of our extra node slots?
b) Where in our tree building/leveling would we want to pick them up?
"
VisorX wrote:
"
bluwara wrote:

Hypothermia gives a more multiplier against chilled enemies. No cold damage over time.
The additional chill- and freezechance is also pretty nice.

Culling Strike is over 10% less damage than other supports, so even if you cull perfectly, it's not worth it. Blind is also really expensive to have as a support. Hypothermia gives you safety too, but has lots of damage as well.

The old hypothermia does, but the new one is different
For reference:
Now causes supported skills to deal 20% more cold damage over time at gem level 1, up to 39% at gem level 20.
Now supports skills which deal damage over time.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hypothermia_Support

But i get what you're saying, thanks a lot for the reply!
"
bluwara wrote:

For reference:
Now causes supported skills to deal 20% more cold damage over time at gem level 1, up to 39% at gem level 20.

It still has the old effect, only now it ALSO works with cold DoT. Unless I have misunderstood the notes.
"
N3vs wrote:
"
bluwara wrote:

For reference:

It still has the old effect, only now it ALSO works with cold DoT. Unless I have misunderstood the notes.

Wasn't sure either, but as the revealed gems show it just has the more multiplier for cold dot on top of the old more multiplier against chilled. So still a set support gem for us.
Was interested in trying this build as my league starter. Will you be updating the skill trees or has the new skill tree not changed the trees for this build?
It is the same because there is no influence.
ign:MAGIC_CREATOR,Motivational_switch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info