[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
Shadownekos wrote:
Mind checking out my setup? I'm making small changes to suit my play style. Went soul mantle and use mana flask to remove curses. Let me know what you think. Loving this guide so far!

Thanks!

- I wouldn't use a mana flask to remove curses since it's stops working when you are at full mana.
- Your Enfeeble is too high level and doesn't proc with CWDT.
- No defensive flasks, especially one against physical damage (basalt/granite) would be nice. Also Silver flask is much better than Sulphur.
- You can better rares than most of those uniques. Especially The Taming, Doedre's Tenure and Rainbowstride I would replace.
- You don't have a lot of projectile speed. Try running Faster Projectiles instead of Added Cold and see how it feels. Your coverage should be much better.
- You could buy a 20/20 Freezing Pulse (very cheap) for a big damage boost.
- Are your resists even capped with all those uniques? Thats should be priority number one always.
Where is the Third Jewel socket? i can't find it(
Thank you for the guide. This is a fun build.

In the FAQ you imply that more mana gives more dps. How does that work?
"
VisorX wrote:
"
Shadownekos wrote:
Mind checking out my setup? I'm making small changes to suit my play style. Went soul mantle and use mana flask to remove curses. Let me know what you think. Loving this guide so far!

Thanks!

- I wouldn't use a mana flask to remove curses since it's stops working when you are at full mana.
- Your Enfeeble is too high level and doesn't proc with CWDT.
- No defensive flasks, especially one against physical damage (basalt/granite) would be nice. Also Silver flask is much better than Sulphur.
- You can better rares than most of those uniques. Especially The Taming, Doedre's Tenure and Rainbowstride I would replace.
- You don't have a lot of projectile speed. Try running Faster Projectiles instead of Added Cold and see how it feels. Your coverage should be much better.
- You could buy a 20/20 Freezing Pulse (very cheap) for a big damage boost.
- Are your resists even capped with all those uniques? Thats should be priority number one always.

I'm having a huge problem getting my resists down some lol. As of right now with almost none of my gear changed from when you checked im at 78 fire 112 cold 123 lightning lol. i went with The Taming since its awesome for resists. Rainbowstride boots are great since they have all the stats i need and they give even more resists. I'm trying to get better but im poor lol. My totems damage is crazy high now so its not too big an issue. in combat i sit at 87k per totem on the screen. 5 totems are nice.
The mana flask is for curses right now since i cant get a different one to roll with that mod for the life of me lol Just got Silver with curse removal right before posting this. replacing Sulphur
as for the profectile speed i changed my neck and got it up a bit. its at 87% right now and that feels pretty good. didnt see much difference with it higher when i ran with the FP gem.

Thanks for the help. I'll do some changes and get back with you.
Last edited by Shadownekos on May 10, 2018, 9:55:47 PM
I play on Xbox One and use my phone to look at this site for builds bc I don't have a computer. But I can't see the whole skill trees for the builds, so I can't see all the nodes to invest in for my passives and the pastebin does me no good bc when I click it, it's just a bunch of computer coding. Is there anything I can do to be able to see the entire passives mapping, like be able to scroll it to the sides and all?
Last edited by Phiahh223 on May 14, 2018, 11:34:51 AM
"
Phiahh223 wrote:
I play on Xbox One and use my phone to look at this site for builds bc I don't have a computer. But I can't see the whole skill trees for the builds, so I can't see all the nodes to invest in for my passives and the pastebin does me no good bc when I click it, it's just a bunch of computer coding. Is there anything I can do to be able to see the entire passives mapping, like be able to scroll it to the sides and all?

Unfortunantely nothing that I know of. I have problems scrolling on my mobile as well. Maybe try another mobile browser.

"
Innerfrost wrote:
Where is the Third Jewel socket? i can't find it(

The third jewel socket is near Ancestral Bond.

Lvl 89 skilltree

"
0sync0 wrote:
Thank you for the guide. This is a fun build.

In the FAQ you imply that more mana gives more dps. How does that work?

The first part of the FAQ is about DPS, the second about general common mistakes. Mana is very important for your EHP, not for DPS.
Last edited by VisorX on May 15, 2018, 8:32:11 PM
Hi,

How do you generate charges with the shimmeron variant?
Same way you generate charges with brightbeak. Conviction of power gives you power and endurance charge generation, if you wanna have them up before a boss fight just spam totems
Was looking over your guide seems like a pretty fun deal. I enjoy the safety of totems, Im currently playing dark pact totem with soul mantle. The only thing i was curious about your in your particular skill tree unlike in the dark pact build, you skip a lot of the totem wheels for life / res / placement speed ect.

i was wonder how does the placement speed feel and how fast do the totems die going that route. Im 100% up to try out a slightly tweaked totem build from what im currently playing once 3.3 comes around. but feel your build takes the bare min to be a " totem " build. Please correct me if im wrong but personally totem builds suck if the placement speed feel 2 slow and clunky. Maybe its different using freeze pulse b/c it tends to kill stuff off screen and much much bigger range then what dark pact is. Then that makes less of a need to be spam dropping totems like i have to do playing dark pact.

thanks for your imput

-Nem

I guess Freezing Pulse is a bit different, cause you freeze most mobs, so you don't have to worry about spamming totems because they die. But also against bosses that you don't freeze it was never a big issue.

Hierophant gives us 90% placement speed, in addition we have 30% from the tree and 20% from the spell totem gem (20% quality). That's already 140%. You are probably suggesting to take the 2 other clusters near the scion life wheel that give us 61% additional placement speed.

The problem is that we have to spend a lot of points to get those other totem wheels (18 points if we don't fill out scion life wheel). We probably would have to give up a lot of crit nodes which will hurt our damage a lot. The totem wheels themselves aren't that amazing that it's worth to sacrifice that many points.

According to PoB we could improve our placement speed from 0.25s to 0.2s with those other clusters. I don't think its worth to sacrifice ~15-20% damage for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info