[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
mrpilhas wrote:
Hey man, having a blast with this build. Lvl 91 yesterday and so far it's been a smooth, fun experience. I can still upgrade some stuff, but so far, Im sitting at 14k ES. I don't know how to link my gear so will just let a pastebin for my pob. (https://pastebin.com/7wR0kKkw)

Leveling was probably my worst experience in this game so far, but I only have myself to blame there. Should have planed it better. Switching was smooth, if you follow OP tips. Gearing was cheap. Spent like 1 exa to get it started, and 80c was for Chayula. I got some better rolled uniques so you can do it way cheaper.

Been farming t15s with it, on a 5 link most of the time (6l my shav yesterday :D) lvl 19 gems without quality.
Everything I will say here it's based on my experience so far in t14s and above.

Damage seems low on some ocasions, specially killing some yellows but most of the times it is because of EE procs. Don't know why but I can't proc it reliably with shield charge. It doesn't proc fortify as well it seems. Would love to have another way around this, because most of the times it just seems I'm setting things more dificult to me, by raising enemies fire resistance.
Not saying that damage is bad, is really good when it works and it's probably something Im missing. Did all guardians yesterday without much problem, they just melt, and most fun is, they just tickle you. Phoenix was the most problematic. Still trying to understand how you facetanked that bish on damage mods. He just melted me. Will try shaper today :)

Another thing is the area of your RF. With conc efffect you have a tiny rf, things melt in less than 1 second but you have to travel more to do the killing. With Inc aoe, you cover more space, but damage is lower, so sometimes you need to wait a bit for things to die. I've been trying a midle term, with efficacy, and it's been working, but would love to cover more space for some more clearing speed. Thinking in getting those 3 witch area nodes. What are your thougts?

Doing league mechanics is ok. At high level maps, you will not open all mobs, and while you are searching for the goodies, when you find a good one, most of the times you have not time to burn it all the way (specially with that EE thingie). But when you do, yellows are easy to tank. But honestly, who cares. Just do what everyone is doing, farm those monoliths in t4 and t5s. Go to an open map, spin your SR, and it's money in the bank.

Thank you again for this great build. If time allows me will try to push all the way. Hope this helps other players. Cheers

You have added fire damage to spells on your mace so your storm brand does part fire damage, thats most likely what is messing up your EE
also shield charge is an attack, so it can miss. if it misses you dont get fortify or EE, and also it has a somewhat long animation if youre attacking close to yourself which leaves you open to a stun or freeze sometimes.
"You have added fire damage to spells on your mace so your storm brand does part fire damage, thats most likely what is messing up your EE"

Feck. Im so dumb. I was so excited of having found this sceptre for 1c that I skipped that thing. And I feel kinda bad now. Back to my cave. Thanks mate eheheh
Hi everyone!

I'm currently at the End Game, and have some ideas in my head to improve my current build. But i'll be happier if some of you could help me trying to find some "more relevant" improvements that i should focus first.

Like more regen (maybe a watcher's eye with ES regen, less than 50 chaos) or a little bit more of dmg.

I'll need some help on the tree, cause i don't really know how to move in thoose last lvls.

Ty everyone! Here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/0A5cKrPF
"
mrpilhas wrote:
"You have added fire damage to spells on your mace so your storm brand does part fire damage, thats most likely what is messing up your EE"

Feck. Im so dumb. I was so excited of having found this sceptre for 1c that I skipped that thing. And I feel kinda bad now. Back to my cave. Thanks mate eheheh

I did the same thing when I changed from Doon's to a Opal Sceptre.

There is a easy path:
Crafting your own staff rolling essences or alts+regals, 'till it gets a good dmg or str/int roll, and then use 2ex for multi mod.
It will be ofc not cheap, but it is definitive.

Remember that spell damage does not add damage to your RF, just SR.
"I did the same thing when I changed from Doon's to a Opal Sceptre.

There is a easy path:
Crafting your own staff rolling essences or alts+regals, 'till it gets a good dmg or str/int roll, and then use 2ex for multi mod.

Remember that spell damage does not add damage to your RF, just SR."

Yeah, I'm back to doon for the moment. Did some maps and the difference was immediately noticed. Changed my filter to pick some sceptres. I usually have terrible luck with crafting...

While searching for some sceptres I had this idea: going Spiritual aid, instead of those DOT points in the shadow area, and getting one of those sceptres with +90% minion damage. Pathing is on the way, and those sceptres are usually cheap.
It's probably more damage, but we lose some ES and regen. Sure OP already thought about it since build is solid :)
"
mrpilhas wrote:
"I did the same thing when I changed from Doon's to a Opal Sceptre.

There is a easy path:

Remember that spell damage does not add damage to your RF, just SR."

Yeah, I'm back to doon for the moment. Did some maps and the difference was immediately noticed. Changed my filter to pick some sceptres. I usually have terrible luck with crafting...

While searching for some sceptres I had this idea: going Spiritual aid, instead of those DOT points in the shadow area, and getting one of those sceptres with +90% minion damage. Pathing is on the way, and those sceptres are usually cheap.
It's probably more damage, but we lose some ES and regen. Sure OP already thought about it since build is solid :)

Yea it is a way around that can make it cheaper.
Those high-roll awesome scepters are usually worth more than 3 ex.

Thanks for this advice, gonna look to it too.

just soloed the 5-way fight :)

i have a question about the watcher mod for malevolence:
Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 13% faster while affected by Malevolence
does that increase SR and/or RF damage for this build ?
i tried pob but the mod name stays red and im not sure what that means
Enjoying the build so far. As tanky as advertised. I played a life rf jugg version as a league starter and was sometimes getting creamed by legion mobs despite kiting. The build solves that problem.

To be fair, my build is far from complete and legion mobs can still kill me. Emphasis on can though, because the only legion encounters I have died to are the ones where I actually unlock as best I can and I sit there not moving to see how long I can survive. If I kite them, absolutely no issues.

Legion generals are faceroll. There are hits from them that one-shot my life rf jugg. Not this character. The amount of defenses and pure mitigation is just insane. Especially coupled with molten shell.

Keep up the good work OP!
https://pastebin.com/aMphx2A6

Here's my POB, just switched over to this build since i can't help myself trying out new stuff still. Doing pretty well clearing t10 maps mostly easily. 10k ES and 19k armor. Not sure if that armor is way too low but i have my 7 auras and 5.7k reserved mana. If you know where to go next in that regard it would be good to know. Otherwise I could get a better wep and throw in another jewel or 2 and of course get my 6 link on scorching ray but 1800 fusings later didn't agree with my 6 link xd. Still levelling some gems too. I guess I could run determination instead of malev but will check it out. My regen isn't positive at base yet but its close and is positive while ruby flask is up so with the guardian passive haven't had too much trouble there. Pretty fun and clear speed isn't actually that bad but tackling legion monoliths i'll have to work out.

Anyway cheers for the build I mainly wannted this build to smash HOGM with tbh so once i'm a bit more set i'll go there without getting insta 1 shot hopefully.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info