[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Kethryweryn wrote:
I'm using malevolence instead of determination, so you can probably use whatever you want if you're ok with loosing half your armor. ;)

The righteous army/spiritual is a solid point. A level 100 tree could look something like : http://poeurl.com/cmOK for instance. With my current stuff (13.5k es at 87), it would give me 335k shaper dps with a 6L RF.

Personnaly, I only see 2 situations where I would use Malevolence as a remplacement to Determination :
- On low maping in order to upgrade my clear speed in RF without switching to a 6L setup ;
- If I had an Eye of the Greatwolf %Global defence/%inc Attribute ... I would still had 33k armor without Determination, thanks to Global defense affixe.

For minion nodes, it's more or less a question of stuff, and tastes.
Personnaly I didn't tried to see if Minion dmg buff would works on RF and SR, but it may be a soft solution to get excellent jewels without ruining yourself. But at the same time, it will cost 5 skill points, and this build does not have so much free skill point to spend here and there. So depending on your setup it might be good. Personnaly for my characters it's not a wise choice.

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hi guys, i feel i am doing what is required but i need an expert to maybe tell me if i am doing something wrong or to give me some gearing advice.
I don't use flasks as much as i should because i am older and slow lol.
I feel my build is solid but once it starts to take damage there is no regen or leech to save me.
Any way to improve survivability would be greatly appreciated.
Obviously helm enchant would help but seriously after about 200 runs it is not happening but that would not solve my survive problems.
Thanks.

Without checking on pob here what I would say from your profil :
If you have some survivability issues, I would say it's a lake of "Net life regen". A lake of net life regen is mostly because your capacity to sustain RF is mostly based on Time of Need ascendency regen.
This regen is a great help, but it should only work as a "save my ass" that you should rely only in worst situation. This means, your regen number are rooky number, you have to pump up those numbers.
To achieve this, it may cost you some ES, but it will surely greatly improve your survivability :
- Get your hands on Aura node (Influence and Leadership) ;
- Get a +2 Aura/AOE corruption Shaper's Touch (becareful to not buy a legacy version) ;
- Get proper rings (+40str/+40intel/+40ES/+40mana) first with cold or light flat dmg, second with ~ +40dex (check out how much dex you need without stating in dex in the tree).
- Get a Transcendant Mind and sock it in the slot between MoM and EE ;
- Get a %life regen corruption Memory Vault.

This should help you a lot to sustain your RF and so, to make the build way more tanky.
And also, be carefull to have 30% move speed boots at least. The best way to survive is to dodge manualy most of the hit. This build is tanky as fuck, but still it's not an immortal build.

"
vladsaks wrote:
Hi!I want to respec to this build from 90 lvl summoner guardian. Can you suggest the necessary minimum to start playing this build?

Depend on your budget.
But an extremly budget version would be something like this : https://pastebin.com/jnRFF1mX

"
Yendis wrote:
In response to this I would like to add that I managed to craft a synthesis ring with 1% life regeneration as implicit.
This is absolutely amazing, better than the Incursion affix and you are not locked in to the Incursion roll but can roll your ring as you normally would afterwards.
The opportunity cost is the elemental damage implicit you would normally get from an Opal ring, but I feel the regen is more than worth it,

Yeah, +1% life regen synthetis ring are quite formidable base.
Still, it fully depend on the rest of your stuff.
For my std RF, an Opal ring implicit provide me something like 4-5% more dps. So even if +1%regen is huge, somes rather prefer 4-5% more dmg.
The main problem with a synthetis ring is that we need extremly specifics stats on rings. While it's already hard to find proper rings on our owns we should add to this layer of RNG the fabrication of thoses. I don't think it's a relyable solution.
"
EDMOSES wrote:

Thanks a lot to TheLostTraveler, very concise and useful info which i have followed to a degree.
What was killing me is incursions, rifts and abyss. Mainly where i was confronted with large numbers of mobs and could not kill them quickly enough to survive. As i mentioned i am 65 so my game play is probably more of a fault than the build. Will play around with the second part of your recommendations after i try out the first part. Thanks again - really appreciated.

Some unsolicited follow up advice after seeing you make some changes. That very last ES node under Deep Wisdom, the one that connects to the witch start area isn't very good, I'd swap it for Might the 30 STR node. I also see you took a 30 Dex node, if u did that for dex requirements u could swap the 10 str and int nodes that connect to Arcanist's Dominion for the 10 dex and int nodes that connect to Deep Wisdom to hit your dex requirement instead which would allow you to grab Ancestral Knowledge the 30 INT node.

Also you have a great watcher's eye, but if you ever wanted to upgrade it, the mana as extra ES is most important, so divining for 18% even if all 3 of the stat rolls went to 4% would still be an improvement.

Also life regen while affected by vitality is great, but % of maximum energy shield recovered per second while affected by discipline is about 2x as much regen, and % increased energy shield recovery rate while affected by discipline is about 3x as good. Those watcher's eyes are way out of my price range, but incase you have the budget.

Need to thank TheLostTraveler and LAGROSSESIMONE for the time and effort put in to helping me. I have been using "Phoenix" fight as a guide when changing skills as per both of your recommendations.
I must say that while i can beat that fight it is no way as easy as the OP's recorded Phoenix fight. In 1 fight i had 17700 ES and got 1 shot immediately the fight started. Build can be further improved but i think i am approaching where i need to be.
Thanks again guys.
Phoenix Guardian gives us -1% max fire res per 10% of his missing health, so he is basically our worst match up. The video I don't think has any relevant damage mods on the boss either, he is cursed with vulnerability but I'm fairly certain Phoenix only does fire damage.

I'd say bring an extra ruby flask and make sure you have one rolling if you are going to tank anything and kill him quick to avoid extra add spawns. I think he will always be tough though.
Hello everyone, i recently managed to kill uber atziri for the first time with this build (yay!) and i'm looking for some advice on how to improve it further
https://pastebin.com/rYwEqSV4 for PoB
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Need to thank TheLostTraveler and LAGROSSESIMONE for the time and effort put in to helping me. I have been using "Phoenix" fight as a guide when changing skills as per both of your recommendations.
I must say that while i can beat that fight it is no way as easy as the OP's recorded Phoenix fight. In 1 fight i had 17700 ES and got 1 shot immediately the fight started. Build can be further improved but i think i am approaching where i need to be.
Thanks again guys.

In addition to what LostTraveler said, the phoenix bomb will also apply a -50 fire res in addition to the flat dmg of the explosion.
To say it simple, this boss is kind of our nemesis.

When you are cheap builded, runing the fight without RF can be sometime a way to go. But you will have to be in 6L SR setup, and your dps will be realy low in global, so it will be a long and anoying fight.

"
Chrisie10101 wrote:
Hello everyone, i recently managed to kill uber atziri for the first time with this build (yay!) and i'm looking for some advice on how to improve it further
https://pastebin.com/rYwEqSV4 for PoB

You are playing an old school version of the build with a mix of zzang tree and the grind of all aura nodes. It's not a bad tree if, and only if, you have the proper Watcher Eye.
With this tree, you MUST have a clarity + 1 regen mods Watcher Eye. Otherwise, your regen will be way to low.
Missing the +1 max fire res from Barbarism cost a lot of Net life regen.

To be confortable, I would personnaly highly suggest everyone to aim a positive "Net life regen" (without temporary buff) equal to 5-10% of your max ES. Keep in mind that the more "net life regen" you have, the safer the build will be.
The guys who did Uber Elder afk had a "Net life regen" in fight (no flask buff) equal to 25% of his max ES (20k max ES and ~5-5.4k net life regen if my memory is correct).
Sometime, you will be safer by losing 1-2k ES and double your Net life regen than the contrary.

Also, keep in mind that the video showcase in this topic are outdated. Most of them were done before the move skill rework. Now our move skill are mostly slower, and it's harder to dodge manualy most of the hardest hit in end game boss fights. So you must be tanky because you will get hit time to time. And not beeing able to get out of the AOE of the U.Atziri double flameblast will resulte in an OS. Same goes for U.Elder fight. Not being able to dodge shaper bullet hell (the 3 balls) will mostly result in a rip most of the time.
Thanks for the reply, a clarity + regen watcher eye is way out of my budget sadly, what would in your opinion be the best alternative? drop some es nodes in the tree to grab barbarism? i have a transcendant mind from before i switched to memory vault setup. But i'm a bit unsure which of my jewels would be best replacing with it (if its even worth it?).
One thing i should probably mention: this character is pretty much only for bossing.
Last edited by Chrisie10101 on Apr 24, 2019, 7:06:36 PM
"
Chrisie10101 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, a clarity + regen watcher eye is way out of my budget sadly, what would in your opinion be the best alternative? drop some es nodes in the tree to grab barbarism? i have a transcendant mind from before i switched to memory vault setup. But i'm a bit unsure which of my jewels would be best replacing with it (if its even worth it?).
One thing i should probably mention: this character is pretty much only for bossing.

From my experience, this tree is an excellent choice for a budget version of the build (for everyone that don't have the currency for a top tier watcher's eye with clarity + 1 regen mods).
It's not necesarly the best tree but from my experience it provide excellent balance in terme of ES/net life regen ratio. Some players may probably feels more confortable with more ES, some may prefer more net life regen. It's more or less a question of taste and gameplay.

If you switch for this tree it will leads to major changes in your stats :
- ES : from 16.6k to 13.5 - 14k ;
- Net life regen : from 450 to 830 ;
- max fire res : from 83 to 84% ;
- Armor : (without determination) from 20 to 24k (~ +5% phys dmg reduction) / (with determination) from 37k to 46k (~ +4% phys dmg reduction).
- Jewels : from 6 to 7 sock and you will have to switch the jewel near Melding for an other one.
- You will have to lower by 2 level your clarity gem.

Few adjustment can also be done :
- To reach the jewel sock in scion area from Shaper key stone, you can switch the regen nodes for mana nodes (you trade regen for ES) ;
- You can change the place of you Watcher's Eye and put Transcendant Mind jewel in the sock between MoM and EE. You will lose something like 300 ES but will win something like +300 net life regen (this will provide you 1100 net life regen).
For this part, it's totaly up to you.

You can check it on this pob by just switching tree (in the right lower part of the Tree sheet) : https://pastebin.com/B9UwdbTk

Note that if you take this tree, I hilghly suggest you to push your leveling to lvl 96-97. From lvl 93 to lvl 97, you will have to take the ES nodes in the Witch start. This will improve a lot your ES of course. And it will feel extremly profitable to push the leveling to lvl 96-97 in order to get all those extremly juicy ES nodes.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Apr 26, 2019, 1:50:33 PM
Hello guys, can someone post (best) 6L RF gem setup for this build ?
ty in advance
Alex
♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫
Atm im lvl 88 and i'm leveling very fast in T14/15 so using RF on 6 link.
My question is: how do you reach that es regen? I'm not missing so many point in tree and i have around 2k/sec instead 6-7k.

Do you have any suggestion on item upgrade?
Char: GiudaBallerino
Thanks a lot.

Cya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info