[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Jeanman wrote:
Hey,

can somebody look at my build?. At level 90 i have onli 9k ES and dmg is not so great either.

my build link https://pastebin.com/bgDRXXEb

Thx

First of all, you are using legacy shaper's touch gloves. They give you a lot less mana/ES per strength. Switching to the current version gives you +1.2k ES in pob. The +1 corruption is not worth it on legacy gloves.
Second, you are using lvl 21 arcane surge linked to your orb of storms. At level 21 arcane surge requires you to spend 461 mana total to be activated and your orb of storms only costs 34 mana. That means that you have to stand still spamming orb of storms for like 10 seconds to gain a buff.. You should use a low level arcane surge instead - for example lvl 7. Just make sure that your orb of storms costs more mana than arcane surge requires to be activated.
A huge part of your damage comes from your rings. Increased fire damage on opal rings is a must have mod, it will boost your damage by a lot. Increased ele damage with attack skills doesnt work with RF or SR.
Scorching ray scales insanely with gem level - get lvl 21 SR asap, it is a huge dps boost. Quality doesnt really matter.
Also consider changing your sorrow of the divine to a magic sulphur flask with some useful mod on it, like anti-freeze. You already have ZO on your tree, so you dont need it from flask.
Otherwise for a level 90 your characters looks pretty good, though you are still a bit low level. A huge part of your strength comes with levels, as you allocate more useful nodes on the tree. For now you just need some minor upgrades like getting higher rolls on your uniques (especially helmet), getting better rares and maybe changing tree a little bit. I would personally go to the shadow starting area for DoT and ES nodes instead of marauder starting area. Would lose a little bit of regen for more ES and much more damage. But that's up to you :)
The Mirror of Kalandra :
1st - 5th May, 2020 18:32
2nd - 28th April, 2021 04:25
"

The aura setup is way more flexible than you are thinking in reality.
There is only 1 aura that we can't move from Prism Guardian and it's Determinatino. This situation is due to the mana reservation of Determination. If we want to run 7 auras like in this build, we have to sock it in Prism Guardian because of the mana reservation reduction from the Shield.

There is a specific case with Purity of Fire. Initialy when this build was developped, PoF had to be socketed in Prism Guardian because of the +2 aura buff from the shield. This was maninly to reach level 23 PoF for the extra +1% max fire res that help a lot with the degen from RF.
But this is a bit outdated because of the new corruption from 3.3. Now gloves can have +2 Aura or AOE corruption, which is, slightly better than +1 global corruption. So while PoF had to be socketed in Prism when zzang written this guide, now it's not an unmovable skill.
Some build also use the option of using a +2-3 skill Unset ring in order to reach lvl 23 PoF. But this solution isn't usable here because of the mana/life reservation. Keep in mind we are using 7 auras in this build, while LL RF build that use +2-3 Unset ring run 5 or 6 auras. So the gestion of mana reservation is not exactly the same. This build is, in many way, less flexible than others.

All other 35% reservation auras are totaly free to be placed where you want. You just have to regroup them in 2 items : Prism Guardian, and an item that can have +1 lvl gems or +2 aura/aoe gems corruption. Just keep in mind that Clarit have to be socketed in an other item than the 2 other setup.

And to be clear, right now, the +1 lvl gems on Shaper's Touch isn't the best corruption on this item. A +2 aura or Aoe gems surpass it. Firt because with a +2 aura/aoe, we also have the possibility to get the extra +1% max resistance with Purity of Ice and of Lightning, with lvl 21 gems. Secondly, the +1 lvl gems was recommanded because it was a cheaper solution than having a enlighten 4. But you can also do some change on the tree and be ok with enlighten 2 or 3 with an other corruption. For this you just need to take some aura buff wheels. In those wheels there is some nodes that lower the mana reservation.

So, if i do understand well, the +2 aura gems on gloves is best for us, right? I'll look to achieve this so in the new league.

Another question, for Opal Rings, to start the league, whats the best option? As we need much dex, the best option is spam chaos till get one with +dex/str/mana/int ?
Last edited by deadlus1208 on Aug 29, 2018, 10:37:11 AM
Read in the Q/A that its not recommended for new players to start out with this build but I'm a bit torn between this one and RF Jugg for a starter.

I have started a new league with a life RF toon before but never a ES one just wondering how viable it is to start with this one.
"
garpur90 wrote:
Read in the Q/A that its not recommended for new players to start out with this build but I'm a bit torn between this one and RF Jugg for a starter.

I have started a new league with a life RF toon before but never a ES one just wondering how viable it is to start with this one.

Honestly, starting a new league with any RF character is an awful idea. Did you mean start playing RF as soon as you get it or respec into it later ? Because leveling with it will be a nightmare. It might work, buuuuuut... it definitely wont be your best experience. And it requires some specific uniques to be even sligtly better than unplayable tier.
And in maps you wont go very far. You will be lacking a lot. Efficient RF builds are expensive.
But if you are really determined to start the league with RF, your only choise is a life version. You cant start with ES version, because you will have to level up until lvl 70-ish as life based, and then fully respec into lowlife. And by that point you already must have all your gear ready, waiting for you in the stash. You cant find anything "on the way". That gear costs a lot early in league and there are not budget versions
The Mirror of Kalandra :
1st - 5th May, 2020 18:32
2nd - 28th April, 2021 04:25
"
Jeanman wrote:
Hey,

can somebody look at my build?. At level 90 i have onli 9k ES and dmg is not so great either.

my build link https://pastebin.com/bgDRXXEb

Thx

First of all I will join Kirkville in his comment.

He is totaly right on your Legacy Shaper's Touch. A legacy version only gives you half the buff a current version would gives you.
If you are looking for a new pair, try this : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/3jZazgc5 the +2 aoe corruption is totaly underrated while it do exactly the same as +2 aura, and is much more usefull in this build than a +1.

I would add too the fact you are missing a lot of mana on your Memory Vault. Do not forget that this build convert a % of mana reserved in ES. So with 99% of reserved mana the more max mana this build have, the more ES you will get. Try this : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/rlnQZmHQ

I also join him on his comment on Arcane Surge. You should not level this gem over the level 7. At level 8 Arcane Surge will need more mana than the cost of OoS to be proc.

He is also right with Sorrow of the Divine.

But I will not join him on few points.
First, the ring. Yes the %fire dmg is a good affixe. But I would say the minimum stats we should look for in terme of rings are this : 40+str / 40+intel / 60+mana or 40+ES (use the mastercraft for ES or Mana) / 40+dex OR flat cold/light dmg to attacks. So if you aim to have %fire dmg bonus, you won't be able to get it on more than 1 ring. And in terme of comparaison with other suffixe, Str and Intel, %fire only gives dps. On the other hand, str gives you dmg (thanks to Doon), ES and mana (thanks to Shaper's Touch), and Intel gives you ES and Mana. So even if %fire can gives you more dps than Str or Intel, the last to stats bonus will gives you more balanced bonus.
If you can't get the stats I listed on an Opal ring, looks for an other rings. It will be cheaper, and you may corrupt it (some corruption can surpass the Opal's implicit).

Try to get your hand on a Shaper belt with a bit more usefull affixe than the one you have. Try this : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/E9WjaBF5

With a different tree I like to use a Healthy Mind in the jewel in Templar area, just between Faith and Steel and Devotion (I take Devotion, the life bonus is convert in mana like this).

I will also agree with Kirkville on Scorching Ray. But geting a lvl 21 can be a bit expensive. I think it's probably possible to do a better use of this amount of currency to upgrade other part of the stuff (the belt or the jewels for example).

I would, personnaly, use a different tree.
With those advice your character would looks like this : https://pastebin.com/nHUWvVQy

"
garpur90 wrote:

Be carfull with this build. It's not a starter build because you need many items that can only be found in end game (Memory Vault, Shaper's Touch) and some that are expensive at the begening of the league (Shavronne).
Also, I would like to point the fact that Breach isn't avaible in Zana map mods for Delve. So Presence of Chayula might be way more expensive than last league.
And while RF mecanics wasn't realy fited for incursion, what we knows from Delve mecanics might looks like RF could be way more popular than last league. So this might have some consequence on the demande, and so, on this build stuff price.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Aug 29, 2018, 12:18:41 PM
I've never played RF ES
Tell me plz, if I start Scorching Ray Hierophant - whether it is realistic to save up the currency for this bild, or there is another more convenient start bild for respec
Hi guys, trying out this build atm and everything seems to be working well. I only have one question, how do you sustain RF without Rise of the Phoenix? Because I can't, I keep degening if I switch to Prism Guardian :(
Last edited by Niothekappa on Aug 31, 2018, 6:49:44 AM
"
Niothekappa wrote:
Hi guys, trying out this build atm and everything seems to be working well. I only have one question, how do you sustain RF without Rise of the Phoenix? Because I can't, I keep degening if I switch to Prism Guardian :(

1) Prism Guardian gives +2 to your 21 lvl purity of fire, which provides you 82 fire res.
2) Oak gives you some regen
3) Ascendancy gives regen
4) Belt with 20% increased energy shield recovery improves you ES recovery.
5) Zealot's Oath + vitality gives you regen.
6) Boots enchantment

I was able to sustain RF around 84, but the build starts to shine as all previous poster mentioned around lvl 92.

I've checked your char and it seems he lacks both level and quite expensive gear. Get at least prism guardian and doon cuebiyari, get 21 lvl purity of fire.
Last edited by zifilis on Aug 31, 2018, 8:31:56 AM
"
Niothekappa wrote:

It's not hard :
1. Get the appropriate tree (your's is full of wrong choice that makes you wast something like 6 skill points for nothing) ;
2. Get the right gems setup ;
3. Get a belt with 16-20% recovery rate affixe (shaper's belt) ;

To be quite simple and accurate, this build is base on crossing differents type of builds :
- LL RF/SR guardian ;
- Mana guardian ;
- Aura bot (so with Prism Guardian instead of rare shield or RotP) ;
- Shaper's Touch based build.

So while we are playing a build that cross an aura bot build, you have to take few nodes that buff auras. This will help a lot to get some extra % of max res.
You also need a PoF lvl 23 in order to get one extra % of max fire res.
And lastly in combinason with the right tree, you need to get good rolled "xxES recovery rate" affixes on your stuff (with your belt or/and with your watcher's eye).
"
zifilis wrote:
"
Niothekappa wrote:

1) Prism Guardian gives +2 to your 21 lvl purity of fire, which provides you 82 fire res.
2) Oak gives you some regen
3) Ascendancy gives regen
4) Belt with 20% increased energy shield recovery improves you ES recovery.
5) Zealot's Oath + vitality gives you regen.

Thank you, 20% increased energy shield recovery was the issue. Didn't have a good belt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info