[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
rnbmafia wrote:
Hello ,

[...]

Thank You!

You followed an other way of building a Templar LL RF. You should ask for help on this topic that seems to be way more close to the stuff and tree you have choosen.

"
kmaldona wrote:
Here is my pastebin

anything i need to improve?

https://pastebin.com/TTQpS3RA

In your stuff :
- Upgrade your low uniques on their rolls : Doon with more str/mana, Memory Vault with more mana/es, Prism Guardian 30dex, Shaper's Touch with 110+ armour/es, 20% Healthy Mind ;
- Remove the master craft on your Paua Ring and replace it with a flat cold or light dmg to attack. This should alow you to proc EE with Shield Charge ;
- Divine your Watcher's Eye until you hit 18% on the clarity buff (or at least 17%) ;
- Loook for jewels with this core stats : %ES/%Burning/+1 dmg affixe (%DOT or %fire dmg or %dmg) ;
- Get the proper corruption on some items : %Burning dmg or %Regen on helmet, +2AOE or Aura or Despair or Elem Weakness on gloves, +1 lvl gem or +1% max res on Shavronne (do it on a non 6L armor and 6L it with Vorici you will thanks me for each Shavronne that break at the vaaling).

In your gems setup :
- Controled Destruction does not work with RF. Replace this gem with Inc AOE or Conc Effect (you have to switch between Inc AOE when you are maping with Conc Effect for boss fight) ;
- Switch your Shield Charge setup from your Helmet to your Weapon with your Orb of Storm setup. With a flat ele dmg to attack master crafted on your ring you don't need Added cold dmg support in your Shield Charge setup. Then you can go for a Shield Charge setup in 3L. And with this ne free 4th link for Orb of storm, you will be able to add Arcane Surge (do not level it over lvl 7) this should give you 13% more dmg on your spell (RF & SR) each time it proc.
- Sorching ray does not need quality on it gem. It only buff the lenght of the beam. But every gem support need quality because it will gives you a %inc dmg. You should get 50% inc dmg and 10% inc duration from 20 quality support gem in this setup.

In your tree :
From your level of stuff and gems, I think you would probably get more by using a tree that focus on getting aura buff nodes. You would lose some ES, but at the same time you would buff significantly your max res and your life regen, which is at the end means having more survivability.
I have to say I know it's more or less a question of taste here. But while you don't have a character full of lvl 21/20 gems and some gg corrupted item, I personnaly think it's the way to go. Personnaly I think the most important step to follow in this build is first geting ~600 to 700 raw regen life (= in ho with only RF up), this means having a max fire res > 82% (maybe 83 or 84). Then the rest is balance your max res and geting more ES and dps.
When your stuff alow you to drop some nodes that buff directly or indirectly your regen, then you can go for it only if it does not go under this 600 raw regen life, in order to get more ES and more dps.

So personnaly I would recommand to follow this tree (even this mean respecting many point) :
https://pastebin.com/HKDxrRAt it's a lvl 90 tree
https://pastebin.com/2rxB4h63 tree at lvl 92
https://pastebin.com/rnX46Ys6 tree at lvl 96

"
[...]
I do not know if I'm doing it right or wrong

Get a lvl 20 or 21 Purity of Fire and a lvl 20 Vitality as a fisrt step.
Get a belt shaper with the %ES recovery rate affixe.
Leave Clarity at lvl 1 for the moment (otherwise it fuck up your mana reservation).
Do your Uber Lab as soon as possible
Try this tree (it's a lvl 73 so it should be doable form your point) :
https://pastebin.com/kPtiBpEf
Get at very least a 5L on your scorching ray setup. And note that Swift afflication shouldn't be in your setup before the 6th link. So even in 5L it's a 4 blues and 1 red socket setup.

Rest is leveling and geting the proper stuff with high roll on most of the uniques (they are cheap so this shouldn't be a problem).

"
gokudin wrote:
looking for a build to complete the challenges, this one is a good u-lab farmer?

Thinking about whispering ice or LL RF, have something around 12 ex to invest

This build is a formidable lab runner. You can build and play it on budget.
Example of what you can do with a less than 300c character: https://pastebin.com/XgZgEUVD

"
Smitty86 wrote:
Is there any reason you have determination in your shield? Maybe it's just mine but I don't see it getting any higher buff than 52% for some reason.

Because Determination have a 50% mana reservation. Puting it in Prism Guardian will lower the % reservation of the skill and balance it on life instead of mana.

"
gokudin wrote:
there's any change in the build for 3.3?

In 3.3 there is no major changes. We play Vaal Discipline and Vaal Clarity instead of normal version. Because the vaal skill give us a formidable survivability buff. You can also play Vaal Impurity of Fire instead of PoF, if you hit a lvl 21 VIoF. The Vaal version skill lower by 25% the fire dmg taken, and so give us a formidable buff to our regen. So all of this makes this build more tankier than before.

At the same time there was major change on the ground of corruption. We can hit double corruptino items. And some slot require now different upgrade :
- Helmet does not need U.Lab enchant anymore because we can hit +30-40% inc Burning dmg as a corruption which will apply to RF and SR at the same time. Also, the +1-2% regen life is an extremly good corruption for Memory Vault.
- Gloves depending on the tree you play, you may not need +1 lvl gems anymore on gloves. A +2 AOE or Aura is better and alow you to hit the lvl 23 on your third Purity socketed in gloves giving you +1% max resistance. This just imply to have an Enlighten lvl 3 or 4 (depend on your tree, if you took some aura buff nodes and some mana reservation reduction). Elemental Weakness and Despair corruption are also formidable for clear speed. And with a double corruption possibility, this make this build even more efficient in terme of clear speed while not sacrifying the tankiness and overall balance.
- Chest can have many juicy corruption : +1 lvl gems, but also +2 Duration gems, 40-50% inc dmg, +1% max res, +4-6% inc ES, reduction to elemental dmg taken, reduction to crit dmg taken, etc.
- Opal rings can be skipped as a base if you try to hit a GG corruption on ring like : Bleeding cannot be inflicted on you (this one alow you to drop Death Door and go for high ES/intel boots), and many other.
Check out corruption list : http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=MapFragment#

"
BarbsFury wrote:
i dont quite understand as to wy in pob if i activate or deactivate all your flasks it doesent change the es recharge rate

ES recharge rate isn't affected by flask. Flasks affect the "Net life regen" line while you have Zealoth Oath in your tree.
This line is affected by "option" in 2 ways :
- In "Configuration" sheet, you have to uncheck the line "Are you on Consecrated Ground ?" ;
- In "Item" sheet you have your ruby flask that provide a buff to your max fire resistance that should buff your "Net life regen". So if unchecking flasks does nothing there is few possibility :
1. You already have 100% max fire res (but this shouldn't be possible without flasks) ;
2. You don't have Ruby flasks.
I'm lvl 40 now, when can I change to RF?
Hi!
I follow all your guide and i want to say i'm really happy with this build.
Pretty solid, anti "one-shots", and as you say, can tank all the shit in the game.
Here is my gear:

Currently i have like 14.5 k ES, 55k armour and 82 F, 81 C, 82 L Max resistances.

GEAR:
Spoiler

I was able to get lvl 25 vitality and lvl 24 PoF (thanks corruption). That's enough for the regen. Sad i cannot get a shaped stygian vyse with that 20% Es recovery rate :( .

PS: The corruptions in this league helps, specially with that Shavronne Tabula :)

Hey,

I've been lurking for a while and I currently have a lvl 87 guardian with 9,5k ES comfortably doing T10/11 maps.

I just wanted to thank LAGROSSESIMONE for answering all these questions, I've learnt a lot with these, maybe more than with the original guide.

Keep up the good work !
"
FenZ_746 wrote:
Hi!
Pretty solid, anti "one-shots", and as you say, can tank all the shit in the game.
Here is my gear:

Currently i have like 14.5 k ES, 55k armour and 82 F, 81 C, 82 L Max resistances.

GEAR:
Spoiler

I was able to get lvl 25 vitality and lvl 24 PoF (thanks corruption). That's enough for the regen. Sad i cannot get a shaped stygian vyse with that 20% Es recovery rate :( .

PS: The corruptions in this league helps, specially with that Shavronne Tabula :)

In terme of corruption, I would like to add 1-2 things from my previous message :

I don't think corrupting Prism Guardian in order to get a +2 is realy relevant. You will not gain any extra max resistance from a lvl 23 to a lvl 25 PoF. And in terme of normal res, the difference between a lvl 23 and a lvl 25 PoF will not be lower than a 12% all res.
The only good point of this solution can be the price. If a Prism Guardian +2 is cheap, then it will be a realy good budget option because you will be able to hit lvl 23 PoF with only a lvl 19 PoF which is realy confortable. But for end game, the 12% all res are way more interesting than any corruption in my eyes.
And on the ground of the other aura, the extra +2 will represent a negligible buff in comparaison to the 12 all res.
Keep in mind we don't have so much space for geting extra res on the rest of our stuff. Rings are mostly locked with stats buffs (we need str, intel on both ring and some dex on one of them). Belt is mostly locked too with str, ES recovery rate and the cold res we are missing.

For chest corruption, the full socketed gems white isn't realy interesting. It's cool if you want to switch your Shavronne or if you want a legacy Shavronne. But at the same time, this will not buff your stat in any way.

Personnaly I would and will try to improve my character with corruptions only on 3 slots :
- Gloves (but I was lucky enought to get what I was looking for on this slot) ;
- Memory Vault ;
- Chest.
I do not talk about rings, belt, and amulet because they are expensive slot that can be extremly annoying to get with correct and balanced rolls. On the other side gloves, helmet and chest are uniques that can be bought for cheap (10-20c).
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 11, 2018, 9:43:40 AM
Spoiler

"
"
FenZ_746 wrote:
Hi!
Here is my gear:

GEAR:
Spoiler

In terme of corruption, I would like to add 1-2 things from my previous message :

I don't think corrupting Prism Guardian in order to get a +2 is realy relevant. You will not gain any extra max resistance from a lvl 23 to a lvl 25 PoF. And in terme of normal res, the difference between a lvl 23 and a lvl 25 PoF will not be lower than a 12% all res.
The only good point of this solution can be the price. If a Prism Guardian +2 is cheap, then it will be a realy good budget option because you will be able to hit lvl 23 PoF with only a lvl 19 PoF which is realy confortable. But for end game, the 12% all res are way more interesting than any corruption in my eyes.
And on the ground of the other aura, the extra +2 will represent a negligible buff in comparaison to the 12 all res.
Keep in mind we don't have so much space for geting extra res on the rest of our stuff. Rings are mostly locked with stats buffs (we need str, intel on both ring and some dex on one of them). Belt is mostly locked too with str, ES recovery rate and the cold res we are missing.

For chest corruption, the full socketed gems white isn't realy interesting. It's cool if you want to switch your Shavronne or if you want a legacy Shavronne. But at the same time, this will not buff your stat in any way.

Personnaly I would and will try to improve my character with corruptions only on 3 slots :
- Gloves (but I was lucky enought to get what I was looking for on this slot) ;
- Memory Vault ;
- Chest.
I do not talk about rings, belt, and amulet because they are expensive slot that can be extremly annoying to get with correct and balanced rolls. On the other side gloves, helmet and chest are uniques that can be bought for cheap (10-20c).

Thanks for the answer, really appreciate it.
Well, i was looking for corruption with +1 gems in chest, but have 2 shavs tabulas 6l, i'll try to corrupt another one, also for the helmet. The gloves i think are ok.
And as you say, have a bit problem with resistances, specially fightning phoenix or doing maps with ele weakness:

My Stats:
Spoiler

That's why i use the corruption in the shield, without that can't reach 82 max fire res for a better sustain of RF (i don't have lvl 21 PoF).

Forget to say, except for uber elder and chayula (and phoenix in my case) all the content is really easy, fast and safe with this build.
Tanking buffed Uber Izaro (ez lab farmer).
Red elder and friends down.
I've done until now 34/40 challenges with this build.

Thanks again!
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Flalex/characters

character : gnk_eliteshaperfarmer|

What am i doing wrong? im missing my final labs but i cannot sustain rf yet alone recover from it.
"
Flalex wrote:

What am i doing wrong? im missing my final labs but i cannot sustain rf yet alone recover from it.

You need to focus on getting life regeneration and +max fire res

Respect and get barbarism and warriors blood nodes.

Your pof @22 need to be 23 so use a +3 unset ring
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
FenZ_746 wrote:
Thanks for the answer, really appreciate it.
Well, i was looking for corruption with +1 gems in chest, but have 2 shavs tabulas 6l, i'll try to corrupt another one, also for the helmet. The gloves i think are ok.
And as you say, have a bit problem with resistances, specially fightning phoenix or doing maps with ele weakness:

My Stats:
Spoiler

That's why i use the corruption in the shield, without that can't reach 82 max fire res for a better sustain of RF (i don't have lvl 21 PoF).

Forget to say, except for uber elder and chayula (and phoenix in my case) all the content is really easy, fast and safe with this build.
Tanking buffed Uber Izaro (ez lab farmer).
Red elder and friends down.
I've done until now 34/40 challenges with this build.

Thanks again!

+2 aura or aoe corruption on gloves are way better than +1 gems imo. So yes your gloves are good. You should aim to add a curse on hit (EW or Despair) to it, if it's possible. But here I would say it's a BiS solution and this would probably cost a lot.

Phoenix is hard for this build because of his explosion skill. While chargin he apply a debuff to our resist. Even with 84 max fire res I get a huge degen against him. There is 2 solutions :
run away from him in order to get out of the aoe range of his debuff (useless if you rolled an inc AOE map mods), or using a flask turn off RF.

I would say geting a lvl 21 PoF should be your top priority from this point. It's normaly an easy task. Put 6 lvl 19 PoF in switch. A lvl 19 uncorrupted PoF cost like 2c. Otherwise just buy a lvl 21, it cost like 1.5ex.
This should alow you to take a normal Prism and give you a bit more flexibility on your resist.

"
Flalex wrote:

Your belt is trash. This build need a shaper belt with te affixe "%ES recovery rate". Look for a belt with >18%.
Add a Healthy Mind in the jewel sock in Witch area.
And try this tree (and look for items changes (belt and jewel)) :

https://pastebin.com/B4HM0Ugg

You should be at 242 positive regen like this.

Rest is only getting some level.
oh god thats so hard to lvl till 68 to change to RF @_@.

Without that Mana>ES gem this build will be good?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info