[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

"
Bintorung wrote:
is it possible to replace starforge with atziri's disfavor? axe instead of sword? with the same setting and a little bit of changes on the passive (taking axe instead of sword nodes below ranger nodes)

I don't recommend it on jug with dome + abyssus because it loses too much HP

Disfavour is doable on slayer/champ that use kaom or belly chest without abyssus, and drops determination
An advantage of atziri is that you can go ele conversion, for that you can copy some lacerate/cyclone builds from past leagues
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Apr 12, 2019, 2:37:56 PM
I uploaded a new Shaper video, mainly because phase 3 went down in ~6 seconds :D

https://youtu.be/J8GNo89hCno

Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

currently lvl 95 in synthesis with this build, good for killing bosses and pack,
in term of clear speed, not the fastest but reliable, tanky against phy dmg but very weak against elemental dmg even if all resistance are cap at 75 thats the only thing that can kill this build aside from some mods on map example "ref phy damage", "less armor" "deal extra elem dmg" (light, fire, cold) X% on map is also a no go if ure planning to play safe saving ur exp from dying, same with "reduce elem resist" specially against monster that are range + skill fire/chain 2x is a GG for this build other than that everything smooth, last but not least this build is great for delve. Thanks for the great build and guide, kudos to op (ZaeN)
I decided to take PoE back on ps4 after several year i didn't played this game, and i'm very interested in this build (melee char have always been my favourites). I was wondering, how beginner friendly is this build? Would you recommand it for a fresh new account?
"
Bintorung wrote:
currently lvl 95 in synthesis with this build, good for killing bosses and pack,
in term of clear speed, not the fastest but reliable, tanky against phy dmg but very weak against elemental dmg even if all resistance are cap at 75 thats the only thing that can kill this build aside from some mods on map example "ref phy damage", "less armor" "deal extra elem dmg" (light, fire, cold) X% on map is also a no go if ure planning to play safe saving ur exp from dying, same with "reduce elem resist" specially against monster that are range + skill fire/chain 2x is a GG for this build other than that everything smooth, last but not least this build is great for delve. Thanks for the great build and guide, kudos to op (ZaeN)

I agree on 100%, sadly despite having a standard 6k+ hp the build is impervious to crit and phys mods but at the same time it can't handle multiple ele mods

It is basically the opposite of those builds that have "can't tank phys or big hits"

But the main disadvantage lies in being at 0 range where some mods are deadly like combo of ele mod + multi proj :/
Especially with these synthetized mobs that spam projectiles and pbaoe it feels a bit powercrept away

Looking forward to 3.7 to see if they make some changes in tanking or monster balance

"
Danielino1990 wrote:
I decided to take PoE back on ps4 after several year i didn't played this game, and i'm very interested in this build (melee char have always been my favourites). I was wondering, how beginner friendly is this build? Would you recommand it for a fresh new account?

Trading on PS4 looks wonky but it should be ultimately be working

For a totally fresh start i would recommend you to start with a spellcaster because at start they don't rely much on gear and trading.

If you don't care about dieing a spellcaster with correct gem links can basically get into mapping with random gear and a 4L

If you want to play a tanky melee char then yes in my opinion this is one of the most straightforward builds, because you don't need to find rares with strange mod rolls, you focus on getting these 3 uniques and the rest of gear are straight +life +res +aspd/dmg.movespeed

As any attack builds you will need to trade often to get at least the weapon.

It can start with budget gear and can get you into yellow maps no problem with a 4-5L doomsower, but later you will need to make an economy and have decent trading to get the core gear.

Let's say it can give you the basis from where to start learning the discipline of getting a decent tank (because melee really needs to have a working tank) and starter money making (chaos recipes, atlas coompletion farming etc)

Last edited by ZaeN on Apr 15, 2019, 7:40:31 AM
"
ZaeN wrote:
Finally managed to link the chest, wow with the new side buffs it reaches my previous jug without having much blimp, I think it was shaper killer at 5L as well.

I am fairly confident that with a more complete build it is uber elder viable with a multi + splash setup
Trying to get there, but the amount of more grind required these newest leagues is getting into my nerves

6 link shaper was a walk in the park, UE should be doable (but hard). Probably way easier with 2 6link starforge to be able to switch between single target and splash config during the fight.
Sadly if UE has become the new benchmark, I am dropping the build for now as it's core has become too legacy and has not much room for scaling to "newer" stuff.

Those bosses which I was not able to do so far were Uber Elder, Uber Atziri (both for same reasons) and Esh (pure ele + shock ball spam just not worth it)

Main weak points:
- 0 range make mechanical fights 10 times harder.
To deal damage, you simply find yourself in places where you shouldn't be. Other builds that can't take a single hit from UE/UA are still able to complete above bosses in 2min by simply being able to dodge everything.

0 range needs to give massive dmg reduction by default or anything along the line. I am thinking about taking half damage from projectiles and ranged AOE and it would probably still be taking lots of damage

- HS damage scaling. HS is due for a massive rework if you want to do UE.
If tectonic is able to do the same damage WITH range and aoe, then HS with splash and without range should do more.
The 2 jewels need to go and be builtin in the gem, damage needs to be +50% to compete with spelee skills.

- Core items. Brassdome + abyssus combo is legacy by today.
Both items are from the old design of "uniques give no +life" which is not used anymore by today builds.
Brassdome especially needs at least to have a life roll or some new mechanic against ele dmg.
Thinking about 25% or 50% of physical reduction/armor is applied to ele dmg or ele damage deals 300% more and is applied to phys reduction/armor, not joking

- Monster balance. Tbh I have no idea where GGG wants to go here. The current ratio of monster HP/dmg seems to be like 1:50 and it just makes builds more and more glasscannons.
A mild tank is just a waste, one intervention and it's done. So you either go full lame like old VP zerker and slayers or current LoH 1209475 meatbealls or you keep the same 5k glasscannon that kites everything and deals 2mil boss dmg.
Also this league synthesis mobs have some crazy spam of pure ele projectiles and pbaoe with addition of multiple ele mods from the memory fragment, some places you just get randomly burst to 0
\

Not really confident that any 3.7 rework will be enough for this build. I can predict that the philosophy of 6k hp will be kept the same and have no confidence that tanking will be improved. In such case the build will not be able to do UE unless you go there with a weapon switch double 6L at least and kite every single shot with 0 range, which simply is not worth it compared to other expensive but easier for bossing builds which can also clear better

Last edited by ZaeN on Apr 19, 2019, 10:14:41 AM
Hi, what about new Offering to the Serpent gloves? Overleech looks tasty.
totally agree with last creator post. I make this char and can do everything to T14 maps (without reflect/reduced resistance/+ele dmg). But everything higher than T14 map is a problem. So dont make this char when you except killing everything in game.

Boss elemental hit is a huge problem and can kill you in one hit. And this game became so quick i cant dodge it with this build.
It was ton of fun to play and every content except UE is a walk in the park but god this is hard to do UE with. Managed to get them both around 25% so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info