[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

Love your build! I’m new to Poe but this has been the most fun to play so far.

Two questions:
- Would a hidden potential gem be better than your recommended gems when leveling?
- What would you recommend in between your first and second swords as there is a long way to go between them?
"
coxywrecked wrote:

Two questions:
- Would a hidden potential gem be better than your recommended gems when leveling?
- What would you recommend in between your first and second swords as there is a long way to go between them?

Do you mean jewels? Not really, take weight of the empire ASAP, they should go for 1 alch.

Game is designed in a way that you complete most of part 1 with one weapon, if you want a good upgrade search for a rare sword with higher pdps than the one you're using:)
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Very nice guide. Should probably put a few rare weapons in between lvl 18 shiversting and the unique lvl 44 sword.
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
coxywrecked wrote:

Two questions:

Do you mean jewels? Not really, take weight of the empire ASAP, they should go for 1 alch.

Game is designed in a way that you complete most of part 1 with one weapon, if you want a good upgrade search for a rare sword with higher pdps than the one you're using:)

Sorry yes I meant jewels. I was just wondering as early in the game, hidden potential gives 20-25% extra damage for every equiped magic item which would be more than the 20% from weight of the empire wouldn't it?

Any changes you are thinking of making for the new league?
After getting to 70 now, I can say it's powerful and it's nice to counteract the phys damage taken from Abyssus, but the health pool is very very low, even with well rolled ( very well rolled) pieces. To think I'll be lucky to hit 6k life at like 90...

I can't help but think a max block BF build is pretty much better. More HP, more mitigation. This build has nothing special vs spell damage and basically gets wrecked.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 17, 2018, 1:48:40 PM
i am trying this build, for starters,, i mean someone in act 1, which weapons and items, you think should be better, and what gems.
"
Afandishun09 wrote:
i am trying this build, for starters,, i mean someone in act 1, which weapons and items, you think should be better, and what gems.

not 100% sure what you're asking but Heavy Strike+ Melee Splash is quiet good right off the bat other wise try Molten Strike.
"
coxywrecked wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
coxywrecked wrote:

Two questions:

Sorry yes I meant jewels. I was just wondering as early in the game, hidden potential gives 20-25% extra damage for every equiped magic item which would be more than the 20% from weight of the empire wouldn't it?

Any changes you are thinking of making for the new league?

HS jewels are chance based, once you get x2 of them this is a 40% chance which becomes high enough to get close to an effective 40% more damage after all calculations

Regarding changes, the char comes from plans made during 3.0. For 3.2 I'm really waiting to see how jug ascendancy will be, can't make any decision before that

"
After getting to 70 now, I can say it's powerful and it's nice to counteract the phys damage taken from Abyssus, but the health pool is very very low, even with well rolled ( very well rolled) pieces. To think I'll be lucky to hit 6k life at like 90...

I can't help but think a max block BF build is pretty much better. More HP, more mitigation. This build has nothing special vs spell damage and basically gets wrecked.

Starforge choice was made for this purpose, +90-100hp. You are going to reach 6k just you won't be in the 7k+ range and jug acendancy's "only" defense vs ele is 8% less (equals +2 max res btw) if you go end charges, which this build doesn't.

However I sticked with this idea of highly asymmetrical tank/immunities, being immune to so much stuff except one thing that is ele dmg.

You may think that ele dmg "wrecks" this char, but when you look at it, it is the only thing that is going to do damage, no crits, no curses, just base ele dmg. This guy plays like if it has cruise control active and only needs to care about ele dmg while ignoring all the rest.

If you roll slayer for example, with 8k hp, 33% more than 6k, a map with crit mod + some curses is gonna wreck it the same, that hp sponge + superleech is needed to absorb all attacks both phys+ele + crits while this jug runs it like a vanilla white map.

Concerning the "max block BF" I'm fine with it. My aim is not to create the next ultimate facetanking killmachine to be nerfed, rather just to play 2Handers with their ups and downs and I like the results.

BF itself is more in the field of the skill carrying 99% all the rest (try having same results with maxblock dualstrike for example)

The subject of 2h vs 1h is more generical and has to do with GGG needing to work more to sort out some of their mechanics that are starting to age badly and are not fitting player meta (aspd + moveskills + movespeed / mobs atk def). I see that they are doing a lot of work on it, so it may even out someday

"
Afandishun09 wrote:

Ground Slam or Molten Strike until you enter prison, after which you can go to town and receive Splash from Nessa. I will add this to the guide
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Feb 20, 2018, 10:55:31 AM
"
ZaeN wrote:

"

Starforge choice was made for this purpose, +90-100hp. You are going to reach 6k just you won't be in the 7k+ range and jug acendancy's "only" defense vs ele is 8% less (equals +2 max res btw) if you go end charges, which this build doesn't.

However I sticked with this idea of highly asymmetrical tank/immunities, being immune to so much stuff except one thing that is ele dmg.

You may think that ele dmg "wrecks" this char, but when you look at it, it is the only thing that is going to do damage, no crits, no curses, just base ele dmg. This guy plays like if it has cruise control active and only needs to care about ele dmg while ignoring all the rest.

If you roll slayer for example, with 8k hp, 33% more than 6k, a map with crit mod + some curses is gonna wreck it the same, that hp sponge + superleech is needed to absorb all attacks both phys+ele + crits while this jug runs it like a vanilla white map.

Concerning the "max block BF" I'm fine with it. My aim is not to create the next ultimate facetanking killmachine to be nerfed, rather just to play 2Handers with their ups and downs and I like the results.

BF itself is more in the field of the skill carrying 99% all the rest (try having same results with maxblock dualstrike for example)

The subject of 2h vs 1h is more generical and has to do with GGG needing to work more to sort out some of their mechanics that are starting to age badly and are not fitting player meta (aspd + moveskills + movespeed / mobs atk def). I see that they are doing a lot of work on it, so it may even out someday

Good thoughts and good points. I enjoyed playing the build and it is very strong. I agree with the last part too : /
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 22, 2018, 1:22:59 PM
So, most major classes have been announced, including sin, pf, raider, zerker.

It's clear now that jug is going to be one of last tba, together with big ones like inqui necro slayer ele.

This is really hyping me too much. I know that jug is not high in popularity and chieftain and champion megabuff makes it positive, but on the other side why big ones like pf and raider have been announced before jug??

Too much hype really, I hope that it will receive some good treatment on ele defense, I'm up to pay some armor for it x)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info