[3.1] Pwn's 1m DPS Oni-Goroshi PermaFlicker Slayer

"
I'd remove phys to lightning support and replace it with cold to fire

And then you would kill yourself on the first pack of mobs, due to your own bleed. Phys to lightning is here not to get elemental damage per se, but to get rid of physical damage, leaving only 10% phys (with winter spirit cluster) to proc bleed but not kill yourself with it.
Last edited by felixsimon on Jan 4, 2018, 3:05:19 PM
First of all, great build! Recently changed to this build and it's pretty good and fun so far! I've got one question though.. I can't seem to get enough mana to run all 3 auras.. how did you manage to this amount of mana to actually run all 3 auras?
"
felixsimon wrote:
"
I'd remove phys to lightning support and replace it with cold to fire

And then you would kill yourself on the first pack of mobs, due to your own bleed. Phys to lightning is here not to get elemental damage per se, but to get rid of physical damage, leaving only 10% phys (with winter spirit cluster) to proc bleed but not kill yourself with it.

You didn't read everything I wrote. That's what this is for:

"
1x Watcher's Eye jewel with additional cold conversion with hatred

That gives 30-40% of physical damage converted to cold when hatred is active. That plus the passive nodes means a close conversion to what OP gets. Less than OP's 90, but I also have a X% of physical damage is taken as fire damage when Purity of Fire is active roll on mine, which further reduces the damage I take from bleed. And anyway, if that doesn't prove sufficient, I can always either drop the jewel and go back to phys to lightning, or keep the jewel + phys to lightning, and drop the cold nodes on the tree (for maybe an extra jewel).

The catch is, these jewels can be quite expensive for the right rolls, because there's such insane RNG with the possible rolls. It's not absurd to see a phys conversion or additional phys as element one go for 10 ex. I already bought mine with the correct rolls for 4.5ex.

The goal of this change is to allow me to target my damage element more efficiently. By making a big chunk of my damage phys + cold, and then converting a large chunk of cold into fire (in addition to the 100 some odd percent of extra phys as fire from her embrace), I can focus on fire pen and do way more damage. Yes, the bleed to myself will be stronger than OP, but not by THAT much. In fact, because his is treated as a skill level conversion instead of "other" source, his is multiplicative, and mine is not, which actually puts me ahead (if the wiki page is accurate):

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion#Converted_to

PWN's conversion: 1-(1-.5)*(1-.4) = .7 = 70%
My conversion: 1-(1-(.4+.4)) = .8 = 80%
Last edited by Xyrm on Jan 4, 2018, 4:11:02 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:

The goal of this change is to allow me to target my damage element more efficiently. By making a big chunk of my damage phys + cold, and then converting a large chunk of cold into fire (in addition to the 100 some odd percent of extra phys as fire from her embrace), I can focus on fire pen and do way more damage. Yes, the bleed to myself will be stronger than OP, but not by THAT much. In fact, because his is treated as a skill level conversion instead of "other" source, his is multiplicative, and mine is not, which actually puts me ahead (if the wiki page is accurate):

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion#Converted_to

PWN's conversion: 1-(1-.5)*(1-.4) = .7 = 70%
My conversion: 1-(1-(.4+.4)) = .8 = 80%

I don't think you are calculating this correctly. I have 90% conversion. The example listed in the wiki is for builds that have greater than 100% conversion, skill level conversions take priority. For builds that don't go over 100% the effect should be additive.

On a side note, with all my buffs and flasks up only 2% of my total damage is physical.
Fresh builds all day.
"
Xyrm wrote:
"
DarthPwn wrote:
"
felixsimon wrote:
Come to think of it, aside from fire Impresence with free blasphemy/flammability, we could use Oskarm and/or shaped ring with assasin mark on hit. Question is, whether flammability is better than assasin's mark on this build or not...

Assassin's Mark on hit on a ring is a dream item for this build. Unfortunately they pretty much all cost more than 10-12 exalts if you want any kind of usable stats on it. It would definitely increased the damage by a large amount. I haven't tested Fire Impresence but it might be hard to keep up with resists if losing a bunch off of the amulet slot.

I have some thoughts on that. I'm about to start leveling a char for this build, but I have some tweaks I want to try (keep in mind these are THEORY and haven't been proved out):

-1x https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Taming
-1x Fire Impresence
-1x Watcher's Eye jewel with additional cold conversion with hatred, and % of phys damage taken as fire with purity of fire (already purchased). As a result, I'd remove phys to lightning support and replace it with cold to fire (not 100% sure this is the right play, going to try it though). This could work as well with a WE jewel that had "Hatred covers phys to fire", but then you'd use fire pen or something like that instead.
-Added lightning damage with attacks somewhere to proc shock for taming (abyss jewel is a prime candidate)
-Using rare gloves, belt, and one ring for resists/life with optional added phys/crit chance/accuracy
-Making up the last of resistances/accuracy with jewels
-Rather than using Flicker for everything, I'm going to set up 2 oni's and weapon swap between them. Flicker for clearing, and then most likely Blade Flurry (though Molten Strike is a possibility) for single target. Oni is a supremely cheap 6 link so all I really lose is the ability to level up gems for sale in my offslot.

My links would be similar to yours, but since I don't have to worry about abyss jewels messing up gloves 4L (though I realize I sacrifice a 10% more multiplier for this):

-Oni 1: Flicker - Ele Damage - Melee Phys - Multistrike - Cold to Fire - (Fire Pen or Ancestral Call, want to experiment)
-Oni 2: BF - Ele Damage - Melee Phys - Conc Effect - Cold to Fire - Fire Pen
-4L 1: CWDT(1) - Immortal Call(3) || Purity of Fire || Hatred
-4L 2: CWDT(20) - Ice Golem (20) || Blasphemy - Flammability
-4L 3: Whirling blades or Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Fortify

This should allow you to easily overcap on resists, especially since you can partially neglect fire thanks to purity of fire. The taming ring gives a massive 40 to all resists and an absurd amount of elemental damage (especially if we are applying elemental ailments). I could use a 1 Abyss version of the gloves you recommend if I wanted to grab a rare unset ring with the stats I need and put Hatred or Purity in it.

This looks like it could really work potentially, I'm just not 100% sure that 80% conversion will be enough to not kill you from self-bleed. If there is a way to get that last 10% conversion I'd recommend you do it. Converting the Hatred damage to fire and running flammability would be much stronger DPS than what I have currently.
Fresh builds all day.
"
DarthPwn wrote:
I don't think you are calculating this correctly. I have 90% conversion. The example listed in the wiki is for builds that have greater than 100% conversion, skill level conversions take priority. For builds that don't go over 100% the effect should be additive.

On a side note, with all my buffs and flasks up only 2% of my total damage is physical.

Nope, the wiki is very specific. The overflow is only calculated at different stages. Skill level conversion happens first, and phys to lightning gem counts as a skill level conversion. Look at the example they provide. The ability they use has a 50% phys to lightning (that ability has it implicitly, but you are using a phys to lightning on a pure phys, so it's basically the same), and HALF the damage ends up being lightning, even though they have 50 phys to lightning (ability), cold (item), and fire (item).

What this did teach me was that my cold to fire gems are mostly wasted, however. I'll have to use something else (maybe added fire).

Regardless, I'll test it. We can argue about it all day. If I find I'm ripping a lot or having trouble sustaining, we'll know you're right.
Last edited by Xyrm on Jan 4, 2018, 5:21:28 PM
Running pretty much the same build atm.

My current gear looks like this:

Spoiler

Still a lot to improve; need gem quality/levels, new jewels with life/attack speed and more levels overall.
Currently running kaoms for general map clear and farming.
Later going to use Shroud instead with BF for boss farming. For that i kinda want to get more attack speed and levels first.

My resists are all perfectly balanced too atm so Wise Oak is pretty decent for damage reduction and penetration. Not sure wether or not i'm going to run Wise Oak with shroud.

Having a blast playing flicker strike again. Its alot of fun. Previous version i played in legacy league was terminus est / starforge flicker and i did not like it too much.

Levling this character was pretty easy too:

I started using Flicker Strike at level 44 for clear using Poachers Mark / Blasphemy, Blood Rage and
and was using Blade Flurry in my Tabula Rasa for single target. Never ran out of Frenzy Charges while leveling.
"
Xyrm wrote:
"
DarthPwn wrote:

Nope, the wiki is very specific. The overflow is only calculated at different stages. Skill level conversion happens first, and phys to lightning gem counts as a skill level conversion. Look at the example they provide. The ability they use has a 50% phys to lightning (that ability has it implicitly, but you are using a phys to lightning on a pure phys, so it's basically the same), and HALF the damage ends up being lightning, even though they have 50 phys to lightning (ability), cold (item), and fire (item).

What this did teach me was that my cold to fire gems are mostly wasted, however. I'll have to use something else (maybe added fire).

Regardless, I'll test it. We can argue about it all day. If I find I'm ripping a lot or having trouble sustaining, we'll know you're right.

Path of Building is putting me at 90% conversion and my in game tooltip reflect the same. I'm pretty sure you are misunderstanding the wiki. They are talking about prioritization of conversion if there is more than 100%.

I think you are right about the cold to fire gem being mostly wasted though. That is unfortunate.
Fresh builds all day.
Compared to a Slayer Flicker build using Starforge/Atziri's Disfavour, how does this build compare in terms of clear speed?
Im Also Currently leveling

And the use of Watchers Eye and Impresence Combined with The Taming seems Fairly Solid

Let me know how this turns out!
Last edited by VsDreaMz on Jan 4, 2018, 6:46:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info