[3.6 updated!] Crit Storm Call Inquisitor

The build has worked well for me so far. I'm wondering if you'll continue supporting it throughout the league? Possibly adjusting the leveling trees to match the 3.2 Inquisitor one for new players.

Thanks again for the build. Storm Call is incredibly fun, not sure why so few people play it...
Hi thanks for the great build. So you think it would work AS hierophant too?
Hi there, lvl 73 here. Fun build but I have huge problems with survivability. Currently wearing berek's grip and essence worm plus 5l inpulsa. gear is not the best but resistances are capped and life is 3400. it will go up 4000+ in the next few lvls. that being said, I'm dying constantly on tier1 maps, it's really weird. had a bunch of characters with lousier defences doing far better with similar gear.

also, there is no chance to shock stat under offense in my storm call, that's normal since we shock on crit or?

dmg is pretty low too, but i guess it's the gear and the lvl 17-18 gems. any help is welcome! thank you for the build, storm call is awesome when played right.

The gear is still in the progress, it's still too early in the league to farm so much currency.
"
dsimek11 wrote:

also, there is no chance to shock stat under offense in my storm call, that's normal since we shock on crit or?

dmg is pretty low too, but i guess it's the gear and the lvl 17-18 gems. any help is welcome! thank you for the build, storm call is awesome when played right.

The gear is still in the progress, it's still too early in the league to farm so much currency.

Yea, are you playing the MoM variant? it should give you more survivability, and I would use a mana flask so you dont get drained off mana (since your leech is only when you cast, no mana = no casts = no leech). monsters get shocked by crit, which isnt shown in stats.

damage starts to ramp up later on, its more a steep curve (low damage firstly, stronger scaling from lvl 19 gems and onwards).
"
Contractor wrote:
"
dsimek11 wrote:

Yea, are you playing the MoM variant? it should give you more survivability, and I would use a mana flask so you dont get drained off mana (since your leech is only when you cast, no mana = no casts = no leech). monsters get shocked by crit, which isnt shown in stats.

damage starts to ramp up later on, its more a steep curve (low damage firstly, stronger scaling from lvl 19 gems and onwards).

I know you said you haven't completely optimised the tree, but why have you picked up the accuracy node near templar start? (Precision) Just an oversight or is there a secret I haven't found out yet?

Also, how do we sustain mana in single target? Without frozen enemies, we're not leeching any with Berek's Grip and with Watcher's eyes costing several exalts for the worst versions right now, can't really go with that either. Are we doomed to using mana flasks till we can buy a clarity watcher's eye?

EDIT: Nevermind the mana thing, just read the thread properly. For anyone else reading this, you use Blasp+Warlord's for mana leech till you get a watcher's eye.
Last edited by pepejovi on Mar 6, 2018, 5:32:52 AM
Hi,

First of all, as many have said already : THANKS for the build. It is AWESOME. I haven't had that much fun with PoE in a very very long time.

I've been playing Ancestral Warchief totem build for a very long while, so maybe this has given me a pretty bad bias against "slow starters". Indeed, with Warchief builds, once you get your Facebreakers (lvl 16 iirc), you will consistently out-DPS all content by a HUGE factor until mapping tier 6-7.

This is not the case with Storm Call. On the contrary. Maybe this is something you want to point out in your guide ? (that DPS will feel abysmal until you get your gems to lvl 19 which is the point where they start to scale better)

In all honesty, that has been the only downside for me to this build so far. Clearing areas of trash is totally awesome with this build. It feels great and you feel super powerful. But bosses take ages to kill, and as soon as a "red beast to hunt" has a "life regen" mod it looks me right in the eyes and says with a wink "No way, Jose !!".

I know my gear is still mostly trash and I'm not going to give up, no no no. Too much fun so far. But compared to other builds, it has been the most painful so far to level up. I actually nearly got fully blocked (by too low DPS) at the Cauldron fight. I ended up having to force my way through it by just dying 50 times and grinding a couple of K Dmg at a time.

Is there maybe a single target skill that you can recommend would work OK-ish with that tree until the SC is up to par in DPS ? (mine is still lvl 16 only)

Thanks again for the awesome build. Really having a blast with it.

Edit : I'm realizing as well that Warchief totem builds just scale insanely well with only flat phys damage, so I may very well have missed an important synergy. Don't hesitate to tell me I'm an idiot for missing 50% DPS through "I don't know what" that I missed ;)
Last edited by Azzatoth on Mar 6, 2018, 6:32:09 AM
"
Azzatoth wrote:
Hi,

First of all, as many have said already : THANKS for the build. It is AWESOME. I haven't had that much fun with PoE in a very very long time.

I've been playing Ancestral Warchief totem build for a very long while, so maybe this has given me a pretty bad bias against "slow starters". Indeed, with Warchief builds, once you get your Facebreakers (lvl 16 iirc), you will consistently out-DPS all content by a HUGE factor until mapping tier 6-7.

This is not the case with Storm Call. On the contrary. Maybe this is something you want to point out in your guide ? (that DPS will feel abysmal until you get your gems to lvl 19 which is the point where they start to scale better)

In all honesty, that has been the only downside for me to this build so far. Clearing areas of trash is totally awesome with this build. It feels great and you feel super powerful. But bosses take ages to kill, and as soon as a "red beast to hunt" has a "life regen" mod it looks me right in the eyes and says with a wink "No way, Jose !!".

I know my gear is still mostly trash and I'm not going to give up, no no no. Too much fun so far. But compared to other builds, it has been the most painful so far to level up. I actually nearly got fully blocked (by too low DPS) at the Cauldron fight. I ended up having to force my way through it by just dying 50 times and grinding a couple of K Dmg at a time.

Is there maybe a single target skill that you can recommend would work OK-ish with that tree until the SC is up to par in DPS ? (mine is still lvl 16 only)

Thanks again for the awesome build. Really having a blast with it.

Frost Bomb will help you against life regen beasties. Flame totem helps on single target during leveling too, I found.
"
Contractor wrote:
"
dsimek11 wrote:

Yes, I used MoM. I also used a mana flask. As you pointed out this one is a late bloomer. We will see when the gems hit higher lvl. Thanks for the reply!
I'm interested in the trickster version, essentially because I don't remember the last time I had a character with pants. What makes trickster "extremely" tanky? 6% reduced damage is all I'm spotting, which is nice but not quite "extremely". How serious are the pros and cons of trickster?

Seriously liking how the build looks in videos. For real, why don't I see more storm call builds?
"
BlazeB75 wrote:
What makes trickster "extremely" tanky?

Well maybe not a "facetank" all content, but for MoM variant the WEave of Arcane nodes are very good:

-20% chance to recover 10% mana when you use a skill
-6% reduced damage after 200 mana spent
-33% increased mana.

Which means our mana is our extra hp. Pros of Trickster: very fast clearer, high cast speed, free frenzy/power charges. Cons: A bit worse vs bosses (10-20% less compared to inquisitor)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info