[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

"
Xcise wrote:
UPDATE

Added atlas information and changed the shaped maps for profit information, atm shaped channels are selling for 5-6c each.

Additional information
Atlas
To sustain your map pool while selling shaped maps, you can try running chimeras for profit, or oba's for EXP+profit)

- Clear all tier 8 and under, nothing else, except:
- T9: Vault
- T10: Shaped Channel (atm selling for 5-6c each)
- T11: Shaped Fields (atm selling for 5c each)
- T12: Shaped Dunes (atm selling for 4-6c each)
- T13: Shaped Courtyard (drops emperor's luck, run them)
- T14: Shaped Plateau (or shaped vaults if you'd like to sell shaped vaults and unlock all t9)
- t15: Shaped Siege
- T16: Only Chimera (EZ currency)
Could also buy cheap T11-12 maps for like 2 alch each and not doing the boss (EG castle ruins 2alch each, and ignoring the boss room so that you don't unlock the map.

===========================================================================
"
rhenk10 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, first of all, thanks for this pretty awesome build. I'm new to PoE (playing since 3.0), but I've tried different builds and this is by far one of the most enjoying ones (if not the most). I'm playing in standard, and at this moment I've have one big problem. I'm running maps until tier12 more or less. In general, my survival is pretty good. I kill mobs so fast that it's almost impossible that the even hit me once. The problem is that when I got hit, even a white trash mob, I almost die. I leech life very fast, but sometimes is not fast enough. I've tried uber lab and Izaro one shots me to detah every time. I don't have currency for the 6L brass dome and I'm using the tabula rasa. Could this be the problem? Also, my HP is low (about 3.5K) and I'm level 76 only. But when I've played with other characters and builds, I never got this sensation of being so fragile to be killed almost with every hit.

I'm following the build as it's told in the first post, but maybe I'm doing something wrong... Can someone give some advice? Thanks in advance.

Gear recommendations:
Spoiler
-Should be able to get to lvl 90 with just t11 maps or very good t10 maps.
- Should have around 5k HP with tabula/brass dome at lvl 90.
- 4.5k HP with 5L brass dome to facetank izaro with recommended flasks (replace ToH with writhing jar if you're poor)
- Chuck a few divines on your bisco's or sell this one and buy a new one to get 85+ quant
- Get a better offhand, use tempestuous steel if you are poor
- Replace sulphur with writhing jar
- Insanity gloves
- More life on gear

- More flat phys on rings
"
oldmunchi wrote:
Spoiler
"
Xcise wrote:
UPDATE

Updated for atlas profit & efficiency in 3.1. It's a little complicated, but I think that is the most profitable way to approach 3.1 mapping.

where is this? i opened all the subheadings and dont see anything like this. are you talking about what maps to shape? pretty dumb if so
Under additional information -> Atlas
"
HeideTV wrote:
Are the two handed damage from ascendancy unused?
Yes. We get mainly the 20% more damage, 20% culling and overleech from slayer, bleed/stun immune (can use darkray's with a heat flask if you want more clear speed) from slayer.
"
billski82 wrote:
Spoiler
"
rhenk10 wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks for this pretty awesome build. I'm new to PoE (playing since 3.0), but I've tried different builds and this is by far one of the most enjoying ones (if not the most). I'm playing in standard, and at this moment I've have one big problem. I'm running maps until tier12 more or less. In general, my survival is pretty good. I kill mobs so fast that it's almost impossible that the even hit me once. The problem is that when I got hit, even a white trash mob, I almost die. I leech life very fast, but sometimes is not fast enough. I've tried uber lab and Izaro one shots me to detah every time. I don't have currency for the 6L brass dome and I'm using the tabula rasa. Could this be the problem? Also, my HP is low (about 3.5K) and I'm level 76 only. But when I've played with other characters and builds, I never got this sensation of being so fragile to be killed almost with every hit.

I'm following the build as it's told in the first post, but maybe I'm doing something wrong... Can someone give some advice? Thanks in advance.

I am in the exact same position as you. Doing T10-12 fairly easy, but dying on bosses in 1 hit. Usually I can maneuver around attacks and win, but get harder in higher tiers.
The only difference is I'm using:
(from another char) over Tabula.

I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth buying a cheaper 5L Brass Dome.

I made my profile public, if OP has any recommendations, it would be appreciated.

I also found this, and wondering if I should sell or use (seems to be worth quite a bit):

Thanks in advance!

That stygian belt is definitely better than a deceiver already when accompanied with a good abyss jewel.

Seems like another poster answered the rest of your problems. Have fun, and don't forget to go fast!
"
oldmunchi wrote:
guys this build can do uber lab underleveled with no brass dome it has insane attack speed on leap slam if you get hit by anything youre playing like crap
While this advice can come off as a little savage, I agree. :) I did my uberlab solo with a tabula (obviously not facetanking, had to dodge most of the big hits)
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Spoiler
@ OP,

Any advice for effectively farming chimera? I'd say my character is quite well geared at this point but I still can't manage to kill any of the guardians (when corrupted) -- shaper would very likely destroy me, too. I had planned on taking this build into the mid 90s, but after losing 50% exp on Chimera tonight I'm feeling pretty discouraged.

Maybe there's a glaring weakness in my gear/jewels that I'm missing.

My character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Martingale7/characters

5.6k life, capped res', 10k armor
- I'm facetanking ez chimera mods with a tabula. With a brass dome, it should be walk in the park. Replace eternals with a seething curing divine flask, and you should be able to tank every single one of his hits, even the channelling one.
- You shouldn't be trying to level on chimera, get to 0% exp then farm chimera.
- You haven't mentioned profits, so I'm guessing it was profitable and you was still able to kill Chimera. Farm some red maps or oba's for EXP.
- To be honest, I was doing hard maps even on a tabula, so with a brass dome I should be able to do chimera deathless for 10+ maps in a row, at 3% per map at lvl 94. So far I've sunk 2k fuses into my brass dome and trying to level to 95 with oba's, so we'll see.

EDIT: Minor update: I'm no longer buying oba's since they take way too long to buy in bulk. I just bought like 20 shaped fields for 2c each, and 20 shaped shores for 4c each. Time to make some money selling my shaped vaults and getting to lvl 95. (and vendoring three shaped armouries until shaped vaults)

Nope, I ended up using all my portals before I could manage to kill Chimera.

I switched my life flask as per your recommendation, hopefully it makes a difference.

Is it possible that my leech is insufficient? I noticed you crafted life leech on your gloves, which is a stat that my gear is entirely missing. When I try to facetank bosses, I usually can survive a big hit but after that my life doesn't recover fast enough to survive the next one.

Thanks again for all your help
Last edited by Martingale7 on Jan 5, 2018, 2:06:16 PM
"
Martingale7 wrote:

Nope, I ended up using all my portals before I could manage to kill Chimera.

I switched my life flask as per your recommendation, hopefully it makes a difference.

Is it possible that my leech is insufficient? I noticed you crafted life leech on your gloves, which is a stat that my gear is entirely missing. When I try to facetank bosses, I usually can survive a big hit but after that my life doesn't recover fast enough to survive the next one.

Thanks again for all your help

get 20% quality on your gems
get your soul taker with higher phys/as
intimidation from belt of deceiver does a lot for you if you don't got an amazing abyss belt
get sunder AS on your helm
DO NOT ENCHANT YOUR GLOVES you will lose your base melee dmg that spike gloves give.
flat attack speed on jewels is not as good as atkspd with axes/dual wielding. It is more 6-8% and 4-6% i believe
HATRED/AA/HOA for any boss fights is going to usually be better. if boss has add's just blood rage and get your charges up that way.

As far as leech, you can't really "facetank" as easily anymore. If you take a big hit run away for a second and let your regen go, it'll get you to full in under 1second. Make sure you keep fortify active on any major boss that hits hard (guardians/shaper/uber atziri)

I've cleared everything in the game on farm and do boss kills with a modified version of this build since i don't like a few things

edit/ also you shouldn't have any trouble with your current gear killing everything you just need to learn the fights :)
Last edited by g00ksta on Jan 5, 2018, 10:20:31 PM
Hello,

How can I run the 3 auras (Artic armour, Herald of ash and Hatred) and the curse with Contagion (Warlord's Mark) at the same time?

I'm level 86, I have 2 Enlighten level 4 and they are linked to Arctic Armour, Hatred and Warlord's Mark, like on the Gem links section of the guide, and I have the Charisma and Reduced Mana Reservation skills, but i'm still missing some mana...

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/phil00/characters?characterName=BlablablaCharlPhillip

Thanks
I love this build! I have been playing POE since beta and I have yet to take a build to shaper and I feel this one has potential to do it. I just wanted to hope on here and see if I can get any tips on my gear/build/gem/jewel setup and if there are any big changes I can make. I think I have the ability to take on the high tier bosses I just don't know the fights. Any tips for atziri and uber atziri? Any flask setup changes? I died a few times to the last boss there on normal. Thanks.
Spoiler
So glad to see this switch to slayer so i have something to look at now! I've done everything this league except ripping to uber atziri due to computer failure. Took the advice and switched from prismatic to a claw i crafted myself and damage increase was huge, can't wait to try it on shaper again! I might try and 6l a brass dome to give that a go, but the belly has been nice to me this league.

Edit: also can claw be shaper or elder?
Last edited by Anus_Smasher on Jan 6, 2018, 2:02:00 AM
"
danabower05 wrote:
I love this build! I have been playing POE since beta and I have yet to take a build to shaper and I feel this one has potential to do it. I just wanted to hope on here and see if I can get any tips on my gear/build/gem/jewel setup and if there are any big changes I can make. I think I have the ability to take on the high tier bosses I just don't know the fights. Any tips for atziri and uber atziri? Any flask setup changes? I died a few times to the last boss there on normal. Thanks.
Spoiler

"
Anus_Smasher wrote:
So glad to see this switch to slayer so i have something to look at now! I've done everything this league except ripping to uber atziri due to computer failure. Took the advice and switched from prismatic to a claw i crafted myself and damage increase was huge, can't wait to try it on shaper again! I might try and 6l a brass dome to give that a go, but the belly has been nice to me this league.

Edit: also can claw be shaper or elder?

Guys about those claws do not craft anything but extra damage on it. I saw you crafted attack speed or flat physique which is useless.
Sunder only use your main weapon as damage source, hence any additional phy or attack speed on offhand is useless because not used.
The OP used a princess pre 3.1 because it had 30% phy to cold. now with 3.1 you have elder and shaper weapons to use with extra phy to elem mods.

About elder or shaper weapons if you want to craft IIRC shaper has more extra mods than elder.

Please do not follow blindly build and think about what are your options ! OP thought of someting that is super nice and its our job to enhance it !
Hi, used to play this game for a bit years ago and I've come back now. I've been enjoying myself with a Contagion/ED for a bit, and this has been my second build so far and I'm loving it. Now, I've got a couple of questions regarding my gear and build and what I should do to progress from here, as I'm still learning how this game works (lol) and what the priorities for this build are.

Spoiler

Pretty much all of the info I can give is in the spoiler above, and is what I'm using right now. I'll point out the obvious one that I need more life myself (3.6k at level 82 seems a bit on the low side).
Also still need to do merc and uber lab, never done uber so that's kind of scary at the moment. But yeah, how to improve at this point?

And then some other questions:
-Hatred, AA, HoA is all around level 13, and Conc effect is only 5 because of the lack of INT, is this normal?

-If I wanted to upgrade my main and offhand weapon, what should I look for to get more DPS? How does the damage scale and what prefixes/affixes are important for that? (like I said, still trying to learn)

Anyways, it's been a pretty long post already so this'll be all for now haha, thank you soo much for the guide, I'm loving it really!

Leveling sunder build again, bought this claw yesterday :D
Hello again Xcise!

I want show you my way actually what I do... and have got some questions,

First my gear:

Running on Herald of Ash, Hatred, Warlord's mark (using ascernal protector) blood rage etc.
Have ony 6 Frenzies 3 endurances.
Yes yes I know insanity gloves... I don't using them because need become more tanky it's better for me and more comfortable.
And belt of Deciver is low ... for me too damage changing only 1000 dps + lowing my resists like a boss under critical border 75% ... I have no choice actually to change my belt.

OK now I want ask you how did you survive spike monster wave? ... while they dying - shotinging spikes and with my gear with 10k armor 5,5k life dying instantly like "on one shot"
How to survive this sh1t? I dying from spikes only ... always suprised by insta death ... it's annoying! on lvl 90+
Hi,

Quick noob question: why do you choose Belt of the deceiver over The magnate?

The magnate has more physical damage, more strength and more elemental resistances. Is the reduced critical strike damage that useful, knowing that it's redundant with Brass Dome's passive? Or is it the intimidation?
Last edited by Liodene on Jan 6, 2018, 9:37:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info