[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

Got to lvl 68, bought a Soul Taker, and equiped a Slitherpinch. Things are going much better now. Build is really fun. I do still get one shot on the regular (damn abysses), but I'm sure that will get better. Thanks a lot for the build and answering everybody's questions every day.
Im still not sold on the soul taker.
Able to manage mana fine with a bit of changes on the tree.
High dps axe I feel is still better overall.
Running all maps up to t15. (Failed at boss in vaal temple t16)
eq:
Spoiler
CURRENT GEAR UPDATE

Today's lab is quite tedious, so I'll be going back to maps. Time to farm some shaped vaults!

I will be changing my 5L brass dome to my tabula for more clear speed. I hope I get some exalt drops! Exalts will be 60-70c in a few days.
"
Wirowmaker wrote:
Spoiler
Ok Gear updated some, chromatics don't like me working hard to do nice upgrade ...

Game rewareded me for ultra map farm spam droped second soul taker :D and I have got stupid idea to wear him as my offhand xD haha

Xcise actually working for add jewels + hp on 84 I have got only 4,6k hp it's low too low for uber atziri, shaper or guardians...

Plans on next 5 days:

- Bras dome, or belly... 5L or if drop something expensive 6L
- Reforge for socket colors... and setup gems
- kaom's roots + frenzy charge

PS. Can't using actually belt of deciver ... because tons of resist going down below 75% ... Need better helmet and gloves with more resists.
Nice gear mate, but dual wielding soul takers won't increase your DPS! Your tooltip DPS but your true DPS is calculated on PoB. Also, don't forget about insanity gloves! You're not truly playing SonicSunder if you don't have insanity gloves.
"
Markuchi wrote:
Im still not sold on the soul taker.
Able to manage mana fine with a bit of changes on the tree.
High dps axe I feel is still better overall.
Soul taker price will go down soon. A few divines and it'll be better than most rares, because you'll be able to run 3 auras for more DPS.
"
heyu wrote:
Running all maps up to t15. (Failed at boss in vaal temple t16)
eq:
Spoiler
Nice gear! Vaal temple is very hard, needs a lot of kiting with immortal call. Try Basalt flask + Taste of hate.
Last edited by Xcise on Dec 18, 2017, 8:02:33 PM
What's my first move in improving my gear/build? I'm shredding t12 maps but I can't reliably do uberlab -- I get mauled by Argus and Izaro if I'm not careful.

I'm not sure how to link my gear here, but my profile should be public. The character in question is called "coinflipaddict".

Currently lvl 87 with 4.7k hp and partly overcapped resists (100+/100+/71)

Thanks
Last edited by Martingale7 on Dec 19, 2017, 12:43:35 AM
Hey Xcise, just got into maps and still having some difficulty. I'm assuming its my dps if I'm not able to leech to stay alive. What would be a good cheap gear upgrade? Just swapped out the brightbeak for a cheap axe but I'm not sure it's helping much more. Only got a 7c to upgrade at this point. Any suggestions? thanks!
"
Neutrolizer wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Xcise, just got into maps and still having some difficulty. I'm assuming its my dps if I'm not able to leech to stay alive. What would be a good cheap gear upgrade? Just swapped out the brightbeak for a cheap axe but I'm not sure it's helping much more. Only got a 7c to upgrade at this point. Any suggestions? thanks!
I can't see your gear mate, but sounds like you need a faster rare axe to start you off into maps so you can keep your HP up and slam down abyss rares from a distance(they hit real hard) with the help of leap slam. Also, make sure you have enough HP and a tabula for good DPS.
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Spoiler
What's my first move in improving my gear/build? I'm shredding t12 maps but I can't reliably do uberlab -- I get mauled by Argus and Izaro if I'm not careful.

I'm not sure how to link my gear here, but my profile should be public. The character in question is called "coinflipaddict".

Currently lvl 87 with 4.7k hp and partly overcapped resists (100+/100+/71)

Thanks
-Uberizaro needs brass dome so he doesn't one shot you with a crit. I used a 5L brass dome to farm uber izaro early when offerings were 3c each for some early exalts. It's 5c each at the moment but the profit is still very very good. I recommend enchanting atziri step boots for the 1-160 lightning damage enchant which sells for 1 to 1.5ex each (bladeflurry uses it to melt shaper).

- Darkray is good for the +1 frenzy, but I still recommend kaom's roots+1 frenzy. It's actually not too expensive because you can buy the throne cards and sell the bricked boots and even make a small profit from the cards while rolling for the +1 frenzy.
- Also, replace granite flask with lion's roar (trust me its worth it),
- Doedre's with basalt flask of iron skin,
- Eternal life flask with a seething divine flask of curing/dousing/warding
- And silver flask with a cheap atziri flask for DPS/chaos res
- Quicksilver is nice, but you can also try out a writhing jar or stibnite flask to make uberizaro easier.

- For faster uberlab times and to avoid some uberizaro big hits, you absolutely need insanity gloves.
- Really nice claws though! tbh I'm a little jealous of your offhand weapon, even though mine isn't too shabby either.
Last edited by Xcise on Dec 19, 2017, 6:16:27 AM
Spoiler

Felling really good right now, 6.6k HP, arround 80k dps buffed, dont think i need a 6L for now, so i will get a taste of hate, and a new steel ring, im doing things up to t13, dont have any higher tier maps yet, but i think everything will be really smooth

Edit: Just a nice tip, if you are missing INT, get a steel ring and craft it witch the +45 int essence, its 3c~ each essence, so its pretty cheap to do.
Last edited by Avazaladore on Dec 19, 2017, 7:30:59 AM
so uh anyone able to check my gear out and give me some advice ^^
Does crafting attack speed onto offhand weapon help with faster leap slam at all?
Is the best offhand weapon a shaped claw? I found a pretty good shaped sword with 56% extra damage (fire+cold) not sure if I should look for a claw for the extra life leech. Also why do you use culling strike on your leap slam, I thought you are playing a slayer?
Last edited by mickeymicky on Dec 19, 2017, 12:14:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info