[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

Sweet that sounds so cool I would love to play with a few of you're characters.
Take it from me you don't want his girlfriends purse if she gave you his wallet.
"
azur wrote:
Before Vaaling a 20 Dark Pact, do you upgrade it to 20% quality? Or is this unnecessary?

I have two lvl 20 Dark Pacts to Vaal but I don't have any with quality.

Edit: Same question regarding Added Chaos Damage Support

If you look at the Mandatory Unique items on page 1 the spider silk with gems are all quality 20 accept Dark Pact. Now my questions are:
1. Should I Vaal Dark Pact and\or Added Chaos Damage?
2. When Quality all of the gems is there 1 I should take to 20 first or Quality them at the same time?
I came to the point where I don't know what to upgrade anymore right now. (except for enchant on boots and maybe lvl 21/20% added chaos damage support)
Any suggestions would be great if you can :) (Think my character page is open to see)
Am 5075 hp 548 shield 2555/2822 mana with clarity linked to enlighten gem.

PS: Shaper and guardians is pretty damn easy with this :P

Last edited by Leontje on Jan 18, 2018, 2:40:52 AM
"
rickpollock wrote:
Question. I'm running APEP and according to PoB the spell daggers are less DPS. FWIW I configured the dagger is this not good specs?
The dagger is decent, it's just that Apep's is very good for pure DPS.

"
OTazMan wrote:
If you look at the Mandatory Unique items on page 1 the spider silk with gems are all quality 20 accept Dark Pact. Now my questions are:
1. Should I Vaal Dark Pact and\or Added Chaos Damage?
2. When Quality all of the gems is there 1 I should take to 20 first or Quality them at the same time?
Yeah, Dark Pact doesn't need quality because rounding will cause the AoE to do nothing (most of the time).

1) These gems are the ones that benefit the most from a level 21 gem, so I'd get them vaaled. If you buy or vaal them is up to you; the cost tends to be the same on average.
It doesn't hurt leveling your own gems in the weapon swap though.

2) Using 20 prisms is pretty expensive. I'd either buy a gem with quality or get it to 20% with the recipe (level 20 gem).

"
Leontje wrote:
I came to the point where I don't know what to upgrade anymore right now. (except for enchant on boots and maybe lvl 21/20% added chaos damage support)
Any suggestions would be great if you can :) (Think my character page is open to see)
Am 5075 hp 548 shield 2555/2822 mana with clarity linked to enlighten gem.

PS: Shaper and guardians is pretty damn easy with this :P
That's really impressive gear honestly. It's way better than my endgame pastebin.

Apart from a +1 Soul Mantle, enchanted boots (highly recommended) ans some better jewels, there's really nothing outside of mirror gear.

I would try something else with a few gems though. Burning Damage/Duration on Flame Dash and Enlighten on Clarity barely do anything.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Decided to try out this build this league and am so far really enjoying it. Playstyle is a lot of fun, good DPS, and you can run just about every map mod. The only problem I've run into is survivability during certain encounters (Abyss mobs and Breach portals on Poorjoy and T14+ maps). Certain boss fights like the T14 Coliseum boss or T15 Lava Lake boss. I'm wondering what I could do to minimize my chance of death. My gear is below, overall I'm pretty happy with it but could probably make a few tweaks. Most gems are 20/20 or 19/20. I have around 2.5 exalts saved up, so maybe you could give some recommendations on upgrades.

I usually swap in Kaom's Roots for boss fights.

Last edited by Zand on Jan 18, 2018, 11:03:31 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
Apart from a +1 Soul Mantle, enchanted boots (highly recommended) ans some better jewels, there's really nothing outside of mirror gear.

I would try something else with a few gems though. Burning Damage/Duration on Flame Dash and Enlighten on Clarity barely do anything.

Any suggestions for another gem link since I really don't have any ideas for it I just put some there for no reason
Last edited by Leontje on Jan 18, 2018, 4:30:32 PM
So I’ve been toying with the idea of modifying this build some just for fun. Also since I have two poets pens but at the same time I don’t want to reinvest in a buncha new gear for a whole new build especially since I just 6L’d my soul mantle. Given how easy it is to make ridiculous meme builds with poets pens and like no other requirement, I was wondering how viable it would be to say unspec from ancestral bond , put in some zone clearing skills in my pens, and then just use two dp totems for boss killing (or if the mantle gems are just for single target, is there a skill besides dp that would be better for boss kills, especially since now we’re talking just two totems). There’s no real reason to do this - I suppose it would be nice to be able to do breaches and break every pot on the screen easier than is currently the case with dp totems, but mostly just to mess around. Thanks!
"
Zand wrote:
Decided to try out this build this league and am so far really enjoying it. Playstyle is a lot of fun, good DPS, and you can run just about every map mod. The only problem I've run into is survivability during certain encounters (Abyss mobs and Breach portals on Poorjoy and T14+ maps). Certain boss fights like the T14 Coliseum boss or T15 Lava Lake boss. I'm wondering what I could do to minimize my chance of death. My gear is below, overall I'm pretty happy with it but could probably make a few tweaks. Most gems are 20/20 or 19/20. I have around 2.5 exalts saved up, so maybe you could give some recommendations on upgrades.
Abyss monster do a lot of physical damage; adding Increased Duration to your Immortal Call & a Rumi's Concoction should help you a lot defensively.

Other than that I can't help you precisely because I don't know exactly what you're dieing to. For prolonged fights you can try:
•Stone Golem
•Lavianga's Spirit
•Bloodgrip

I actually think getting more DPS should help your survivability a lot aswell. Dead things don't deal damage.
Your dagger, amulet and shield could all use some upgrades offensively.

"
Leontje wrote:
Any suggestions for another gem link since I really don't have any ideas for it I just put some there for no reason
Depends on how you want to play mostly.
As long as you don't have the boot enchantment, you can use a Power Charge setup.

You can use an Orb of Storm - Power Charge on Critical, Despair or something like Vaal Haste/Grace linked to duration.

If you're lazy, I'd just add some CWDT setups. You should really get one (lvl 21) for your Golem because it can't regenerate health.

Some CWDT setups:
-Lvl 1: Ball Lightning (passive Power Charges through Assassin Ascendancy), Vortex (10% Chill), Tempest Shield (3% Block). You could also add blind/culling strike to those.
-Lvl 20: Molten Shell

"
rozakk wrote:
So I’ve been toying with the idea of modifying this build some just for fun. Also since I have two poets pens but at the same time I don’t want to reinvest in a buncha new gear for a whole new build especially since I just 6L’d my soul mantle. Given how easy it is to make ridiculous meme builds with poets pens and like no other requirement, I was wondering how viable it would be to say unspec from ancestral bond , put in some zone clearing skills in my pens, and then just use two dp totems for boss killing (or if the mantle gems are just for single target, is there a skill besides dp that would be better for boss kills, especially since now we’re talking just two totems). There’s no real reason to do this - I suppose it would be nice to be able to do breaches and break every pot on the screen easier than is currently the case with dp totems, but mostly just to mess around. Thanks!
I'd either go full totems or none to be honest. If you go with a mix, either you or the totems will be doing low damage depending on how you set up the skill tree.

I do think it's possible to make this viable with Soul Mantle, though less optimal because you give up a lot of general damage/survivability with Soul Mantle, Rings and Poet's Pen.
You could mix this with Loate's build and get Skeletons for both you and your totems, but you still need a way to get Wither/Arcane Surge while you're attacking, which is probably going to feel clunky.

What I think would best suit this is the VD/Bodyswap meme everyone's already playing and using a DD/VD totem to make use of the corpses you create yourself.
But in that case there'd be honestly no reason to use Soul Mantle at all, because Cremation exists and is better than any totem you could get for the build.

I can't think of any way to use Soul Mantle and Poet's Pen together that would be better than anything else, but that doesn't mean you can't play it I guess.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
I just wanna say thanks for the cool, fun build. Just solo'd Uber Lab on the first try!
Great build! I first stumbled upon it during Harbinger league but sadly was never able to finish the endgame content. This league I grinded it all out and did 36 challenges! This build really is everything viable provided you have ~15ex to throw into items. The only boss that I wasn't able to do was corrupted pit of chimera (Can't survive that smoke phase very well.) Aside from that, I think the other hard bosses for this build are Vaal Temple and the Vaal Oversouls in Uber Atziri (the first boss, those lightning projectiles hurt a LOT.)

Here's the gear I ended the league with. Crafted a 21/20 Dark Pact. Have 79k tooltip dps while in Hideout, 5.1k life 700 es at lvl 92.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info