[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
Quick question, in the guide it gives a tip that you should put 1 jewel with +9 elemental resist to cap totem elemental resist. I am looking at the passive tree and I can only see 26% element resist. How is it by putting a +9% you can max your element resistance ?
Spell Totems have 40% base elemental resistances, that's why you only need 35% in total.
(You can see the resists on the wiki, but it's broken right now unfortunately)
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
cheers man !!
Hey, I'm here again, sorry for bothering you :(

I'm level 85 now, but comparing my build to yours using PoB shows that I'm weaker than I should be. I just took my final ascendancy point, so I just started the Shadow tree.

Here's my current gear, which steps do you suggest? I think I can afford a 5L Soul Mantle, but I'll never be able to go for a 6L.

Thanks for your time!
Just got Soul Mantle in SSF and finally have all the required gear.

Now before I start on this totem journey, can it, without "mirror tier" gear, clear everything? And how hard is Red Elder etc?
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
PiusDominatus wrote:
I took Assasain. Says 20% chance to get a power charge on hit. I don't get any power charges? Because the totems kill for me?

Thanks
Correct (the totems technically gain the charges, but they have a limit of 0 so it does nothing).

So would you recommend doing something to generate the power charges on the char or is this not needed? I'm a little confused on whether we should be getting power charges or not ...
"
StepT wrote:
Here's my current gear, which steps do you suggest? I think I can afford a 5L Soul Mantle, but I'll never be able to go for a 6L.
A 5-link is definitely a good idea. I recommend buying a pre-linked one because that'll be cheaper most of the time.

Other than that I suggest working on your belt, gloves and amulet:
•Unequip all three of them (they're all bad, you can't afford good enough jewels for the belt)
•Get a rare belt/gloves with life and the resists you're missing (ideally you want to cap your resists with only these two)
•Get a rare amulet with life, resists (only if you're not capped) and damage stats (you can see those in the guide)

Also you should replace one of your life flasks with something else (I'd use a Rumi's Concoction, but that's mostly preference)

"
qwaza wrote:
Just got Soul Mantle in SSF and finally have all the required gear.

Now before I start on this totem journey, can it, without "mirror tier" gear, clear everything? And how hard is Red Elder etc?
Without mirror gear, for sure. The build got a nerf in 3.1, so you do need a bit of gear to do bosses now (before that you could do it with pretty trashy items).

My character can still do guardians pretty easily and you should be able to get comparable gear (better on some parts, worse on others) in ssf, providing you're experienced. I haven't done Elder on the build, but knowing the fight it should be very easy because it excels against stationary bosses.

Keep in mind the "core" build you see in the guide is not the best iteration for bossing, for that you'd have to use Hierophant instead of Guardian.

"
rickpollock wrote:
So would you recommend doing something to generate the power charges on the char or is this not needed? I'm a little confused on whether we should be getting power charges or not ...
It's not needed and I have never done so. If you run a PCoC setup you're deactivating the boot enchantment (if you have it), which is equal to having 3 power charges.

It's basically a nice bonus if you're playing Hierophant - or required if you're using something like Void Battery/Shimmeron.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Jan 16, 2018, 5:23:59 PM
Gotta say thanks for all the responses. Great build. Best fun I've had in PoE in some time.

Question. I'm running APEP and according to PoB the spell daggers are less DPS. FWIW I configured the dagger is this not good specs?

50% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
56% increased Spell Damage
22% increased Attack Speed
+79 to maximum Mana
39% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells

Last edited by rickpollock on Jan 16, 2018, 9:16:17 PM
Hey guys,

Noobie question, the attack speed on weapon is mainly aimed to have a faster movement skill or it also affects the dps?
I am trying to get a better dagger and high attack speed increases the price a lot.

Thank you!
"
fladsongomes wrote:
Hey guys,

Noobie question, the attack speed on weapon is mainly aimed to have a faster movement skill or it also affects the dps?
I am trying to get a better dagger and high attack speed increases the price a lot.

Thank you!

I think it's just for Whirling Blade traveling speed.
IGN: Sylvona
Before Vaaling a 20 Dark Pact, do you upgrade it to 20% quality? Or is this unnecessary?

I have two lvl 20 Dark Pacts to Vaal but I don't have any with quality.

Edit: Same question regarding Added Chaos Damage Support
IGN: Sylvona
Last edited by azur on Jan 17, 2018, 2:21:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info