[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
Leontje wrote:
Does #% increased chaos damage on the jewels do anything viable to this build?

Yeah, it increases your chaos damage (we do chaos damage :p).
"
D3CAPITAT0R wrote:
Hi thanks for the build! Looking forward to getting deeper into it (currently lv 26). When do I take out hidden potential and start using items that are rare/unique? I am also wondering since we are in Abyss league should I use the belt with the gem slot over a magic item for the jewel buff.

You transition into the build at level 49 when you have the uniques.

A Stygian Vise is the best belt we can get, but Darkness Enthroned is only worth getting if the two jewels you put in it are better than the stats you could get from a belt.
This means you need some very good jewels in order for it to be good.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 17, 2017, 1:06:19 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

Tooltip doesn't mean a lot though, some parts that affect your damage aren't even calculated in there, like totem life.

The skill gem text on Dark Pact is very ambiguous.

How does increased totem life affect DPS?

Prima facie it seems as if you - or your totem - lose 6% of life each cast - and the damage done is x-y, independent of you/your totem's life.

Assuming that you renew your totem prior to totem death/expiration, it seems as if DPS is orthogonal to totem life.

If this is so, increased totem life would mean that you might not need to refresh your totems while they're taking damage from mobs as often as you would need to given less life... but in that event, the damage gain from increased totem life would be negligible at best and zero provided that you're able to refresh totems prior to totem death/expiration.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Dec 17, 2017, 1:47:02 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

Tooltip doesn't mean a lot though, some parts that affect your damage aren't even calculated in there, like totem life.

The skill gem text on Dark Pact is very ambiguous.

How does increased totem life affect DPS?

Prima facie it seems as if you - or your totem - lose 6% of life each cast - and the damage done is x-y, independent of you/your totem's life.

Assuming that you renew your totem prior to totem death/expiration, it seems as if DPS is orthogonal to totem life.

If this is so, increased totem life would mean that you might not need to refresh your totems while they're taking damage from mobs as often as you would need to given less life... but in that event, the damage gain from increased totem life would be negligible at best and zero provided that you're able to refresh totems prior to totem death/expiration.

Every skill has a base damage, which is then scales further by factors like resists, crit, increased damage, etc.

In this build the base damage consists of the small amount DP already has, added damage (like Apep's or the Gem) and lastly, the removed totem life.

If your totems are at 1 HP, they will not kill themselves, but you will lose the damage bonus from their life, which is quite a lot.
Realistically they're going to die at 1 HP, so the life does help with damage uptime because it means they can take more hits.

From my experience the totems usually die from oneshot mechanics or get replaced before their HP runs out, so totem life can be treated as straight up "added damage".
Builds and Guides:
Sorry for the very minutiae questions but I’m trying to work my way into an end game build and am wondering what I should be prioritizing as far as currency. For example, I don’t have a self flagellaton yet, is that the most important thing to get? Or is weapon or shield have a bigger impact and I should put money there first? Or should I work on 5l my soul mantile first? Currently 4l. Or should I just keep saving till I can 6l? ( seems unlikely given how far off that is price wise) finally, what about gem levels and quality. I have no gem quality right now, should I focus on buying quality gems first? How would you prioritize what to spend money on
Is it okay if I dual-wield divinarius? Also wands or melee weapons? (noob)
Last edited by Xetremer on Dec 17, 2017, 10:08:20 PM
I want to try this build but it would be a while before I can afford a good Soul Mantle. How far could I get with a 4 link?
hey mate I'm just a bit confused about something. I was messing around with the gem slots in the path of building and basically when I remove the wither setup and then re-add it your build on Path of building loses heaps of dps, I'm just wondering if I'm not configuring something properly or if it's bugged or whats going on.

anyway thanks for the build been playing it in abyss league and it's been fun.
"
rozakk wrote:
Sorry for the very minutiae questions but I’m trying to work my way into an end game build and am wondering what I should be prioritizing as far as currency. For example, I don’t have a self flagellaton yet, is that the most important thing to get? Or is weapon or shield have a bigger impact and I should put money there first? Or should I work on 5l my soul mantile first? Currently 4l. Or should I just keep saving till I can 6l? ( seems unlikely given how far off that is price wise) finally, what about gem levels and quality. I have no gem quality right now, should I focus on buying quality gems first? How would you prioritize what to spend money on
The best things you can get with low investment right now are a 5L, a 15%+ Self-Flagellation and flasks.
Gem quality tends to be a bit more expensive, but I'd get it early because you'll need to level your gems again (buy quality gems online, don't use prisms on 0% quality).

After that I'd get good 3-stat jewels and finally work on the rest, like better rares, enchants and a 6l.

"
Xetremer wrote:
Is it okay if I dual-wield divinarius? Also wands or melee weapons? (noob)
Sure, that's fine.

"
0sync0 wrote:
I want to try this build but it would be a while before I can afford a good Soul Mantle. How far could I get with a 4 link?
Well you could get far enough to afford a 5l.
Links aren't the only thing important for the build; you could easily do Shaper on a 4l if you have good gear otherwise.

But if you're in the same budget range a 4l would put you in, then I'd probably say you can get to yellow/early red maps.

"
NeghIsToe wrote:
hey mate I'm just a bit confused about something. I was messing around with the gem slots in the path of building and basically when I remove the wither setup and then re-add it your build on Path of building loses heaps of dps, I'm just wondering if I'm not configuring something properly or if it's bugged or whats going on.
Wither does add damage in Path of Building - otherwise it's probably because Arcane Surge is also getting disabled.
Builds and Guides:
When using a dual Void Battery setup, would you use Lightning Warp as movement skill?
Im trying to use this build. However, my game shows me having just an 8.82% crit chance.
Fair enough I say, considering I havent allocated anything, nor do I have the gear for it(I'm OP for A7 anyway).

HOWEVER....when I do go into PoB and add the nodes Arcane Potency and Shamans Domain, nothing happens. The crit chance does not change. Why is this? Did I do something wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info