[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
Argento1341 wrote:
Hey bro really enjoying the build so far. Was wondering about shock and whether investing in that would be beneficial for the build. Take care and thanks again.

This is addressed in the FAQ in the main guide.

"
Manh8 wrote:
Really interested in this build but i've been in the game since the end of Harbinger and i'd like a useful leveling tree in order to do things properly before respeccing life nodes and going CI without making any big mistake or wasting to many regret's orbs...is there already one or it doesn't at all?

I have not done skill trees for low levels as its highly dependent on what gear you have already bought/found which changes from person to person. For example if you have all the gear upfront then there is no need to ever take life nodes and can just follow the tree in a very linear fashion taking everything of the left hand side and gradually going up and over towards the right.

"
Here is where I'm currently at at level 81. I just bought a different helm so I don't quite have the survivability down quite yet, but I may update my post to reflect the outcomes. I am pretty much running the cookie cutter gear with the exception of my helm. There is definitely some ES lost, but there is a damage boost and possibly a utility that may prove useful for both fast map clearing and surviability. Can always change out to Vertex for Guardians.

Also, I have tinkered with my nodes a bit so they are a bit different than what is modeled in the guide. Any thoughts on my build so far, or the helm? Having a blast playing this toon.

Thanks!

That helm is currently losing you damage as it has cold resistance which means that lightning is no longer your highest/tied for highest resistance so wise oak is no longer giving you lightning penetration. Wise oak should be active against bosses which are the only targets you take the time to blind and its penetration gives more damage then "46% increased damage against blinded enemies"

The helms main benefit is giving extra crit while under aspect of the cat but this build does not need crit and its not worth the investment that would be required to reserve aspect of the cat just for attack speed sometimes. Without the vertex you are required to take an addition 4% reduced mana reserved node in the tree too so its also setting you a point behind in the tree

Actually even without considering wise oak just a well rolled doedre's scorn would be giving better ES and damage then the farell after a curse since it has Int damage as well as % damage.

I consider ES total pretty important but If I were to cut ES for damage a more efficient form would be doing that in the tree then any of the gear slots but thats my opinion.

It looks much fiercer then the vertex. Vertex is kinda ugly
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 13, 2018, 4:05:27 PM
Great reply, WaffleT. This makes perfect sense, thank you for taking the time to discuss the theory craft. Appreciate all the advice man.
I managed to buy a nice jewel id say for this, so I started building this.

Two questions though.
with the watcher's eye id still be over 12k es while wearing this body armour, and the 20% ele to chaos damage, is a dps boost and the 25% ele taken to chaos (we ci) seems a very nice defensive boost?

Second question, if I put a lvl 4 enlighten in these gloves
and this hat
combined with the mana to es from jewel and acendency give +500 to es and about 5k armour which seems to result in something like

2,2m shaper dps, 64% evade chance, 37% phys reduct from armour, about 12k es,
I was trying to look at an other way, mostly cus I cant find an enchanted vertex for sale lol.

But I wonder if I missed something cus I never played this, hope for advise :)
Last edited by Smellyyy on Mar 13, 2018, 6:04:53 PM

Got this for sale very cheap on Bestiary Softcore. IGN: FrontPorchStep
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

Got this for sale very cheap on Bestiary Softcore. IGN: FrontPorchStep

lol very cheap my ass lul
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Elf_97 wrote:
Hello ,

Perandus signet is really mandatory to make the build going? Can the build be playeable without this ?

Using 2 timeclasps instead of the signets has about 9% less damage and 1400 less ES. I think the build is quite playable with timeclasps and then save up for the signets.

Ok ty
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 13, 2018, 9:16:01 PM
"
Smellyyy wrote:
I managed to buy a nice jewel id say for this, so I started building this.

Two questions though.
with the watcher's eye id still be over 12k es while wearing this body armour, and the 20% ele to chaos damage, is a dps boost and the 25% ele taken to chaos (we ci) seems a very nice defensive boost?

Second question, if I put a lvl 4 enlighten in these gloves and this hat combined with the mana to es from jewel and acendency give +500 to es and about 5k armour which seems to result in something like

2,2m shaper dps, 64% evade chance, 37% phys reduct from armour, about 12k es,
I was trying to look at an other way, mostly cus I cant find an enchanted vertex for sale lol.

But I wonder if I missed something cus I never played this, hope for advise :)

Problems
- Incandecent Heart has no resistances
- Memory vault has 10% increased mana reserved. Even with a level 4 enlighten in +1 to socketed gems gloves you'd need to spend a point on reserved mana in the tree
- Those gloves have a red socket. The aura setup needs 4 blue sockets
- Memory vault has fire resitance requiring you to get 29% worth of lightning/cold resistance to not break the wise oak

That watchers jewel is perfect for this or the scion version of this build has the best defense and best damage. Cutting ES for more damage is now certainly an option.

Incandescent heart has
+12.7% dmg
+25% less elemental damage taken
-1250 ES
-24% resistances

I view it as a sidegrade rather then an upgrade but since you already have a 6-linked one its probably better to make it work then saving to buy and 6-link a splendour. Extra ES or less ele damage taken both have their pros and cons. Covering the resistances in jewels is a hassle but probably only loses you about 6% dmg so you do end up with a small upgrade in damage.

Vault is once again a sidegrade, good and bad points. Changing the chest and helm loses you 6k evasion rating to gain 6k armour. This is a bad trade as low levels of armour do very little, the estimated physical damage reduction is a lie assuming a tiny hit that armour counters more effectively, big hits that matter will barley be reduced. Evasion scales much better and is stacked high enough that it has an impact.

Normally wearing that Vault would just lose you damage as its resistance would break wise oak but in your situation where you are changing the chest and presumably planning to cover the lost resistances in jewels you can make the transition by wearing jewels that give +Cold&Lightning resistance until you overtake the fire resistance on the Vault.

Changing into Vault means
- Evasion into Armour = Worse
- +200 ES (This would normally be +0 but the clarity jewel gives mana higher value)
- Requires specific resistance jewels to cover chest and balance wise oak
- 1-4 points on reduced mana reversed to counter "increased mana reserved" this only has potential value because you have a lvl 4 enlighten and corrupted gloves and the helm has "40% damage enchant"
"
Manh8 wrote:
Really interested in this build but i've been in the game since the end of Harbinger and i'd like a useful leveling tree in order to do things properly before respeccing life nodes and going CI without making any big mistake or wasting to many regret's orbs...is there already one or it doesn't at all?

I have not done skill trees for low levels as its highly dependent on what gear you have already bought/found which changes from person to person. For example if you have all the gear upfront then there is no need to ever take life nodes and can just follow the tree in a very linear fashion taking everything of the left hand side and gradually going up and over towards the right.

Thx Waffle, i may give it a try then and hope for the best :)
Last edited by Manh8 on Mar 14, 2018, 6:24:26 AM
Very nice build, cheap and fun to play. i have question about Tempest Shield gem, why using it actually? we can't do damage ourselves, so only profit 3% block, correct?
Hi there,
First thing forgive my poor english, I'll try to be as much clear as possible, please be patient.
Well, I want to thank you for this build, it's a LOT of fun, fast and very friendly (even if some time the Yellow/Orange bosses kill me in just one stroke.)
I tried to follow your directions as close as possible but I have some problems with the gear.
First, the rings... difficult to find and very expensive (60 Chaos orbs at the better) Can you suggest some replacement? Maybe a little less expensive?
Second, the armor... Another hard to find item ( on "PoEgoods")and finding a 6 linked is a nightmare. ( find one for 8 ExaltedOrbs, too much for my pockets) Even in this case a suggestion for something easier to find? I'm talking about the last armor, of course, the intermediate one is easy to find and cheap.
Yes, I know I can try to forge the item in the holdout, but even in this case 1500 orbs are out of question atm.
Again ty for a really funny build. Keep the good work on! ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info