[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

just got this build to lv 92 and cant remember my last death a+ super good job on the build.
"
0r9 wrote:
just got this build to lv 92 and cant remember my last death a+ super good job on the build.

That's what I like with this build, decent DPS and hard to die, even if you stay in bearers or stay AFK in a map :D
I just got a 150% increased effect of Molten Shell on an Uber lab run on my Abyssus, Im wondering if that increases the damage absorbed effect? if so I wonder if its worth running a cwtd and a molten shell with some levels, I think the absorb would be insane. I'm having some survivability issues right now at level 82 where if I get unlucky on blocks on higher maps I just get killed in a few hits, even with my charges.
MS would be kinda useful, but won't help on block maps. Chances are you die from non-phys damage on those.
I've made more defensive (and considerably more expensive) version of this build:
Items

- 66% block chance even before Painforged kicks in, max block otherwise.
- Switched Arctic Armour and Herald of Ash with Determination for more armour and block, that reduces clear speed but for some reason is less laggy for me.
- Because the block is capped almost 100% of time, Rumi's is switched with Lion's Roar. Rumi's can still be switched to on block reduction maps.
- 5% mana recovery on block allows to run no leech or no regen maps, but not both at the same time, without gem switching.
- The boots with double "supported by" mods is meh. Fortify isn't affected by increased duration and Reckoning can't be supported by Fortify. And I thought I could get ultimate 6L utility Reckoning.
- Red Elder portal phase can be cheesed by 20q Enduring Cry. It will cover whole area and all summons will ignore Shaper.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/uV7WeiYe
"
Pyotr wrote:
I've made more defensive (and considerably more expensive) version of this build:
Items

- 66% block chance even before Painforged kicks in, max block otherwise.
- Switched Arctic Armour and Herald of Ash with Determination for more armour and block, that reduces clear speed but for some reason is less laggy for me.
- Because the block is capped almost 100% of time, Rumi's is switched with Lion's Roar. Rumi's can still be switched to on block reduction maps.
- 5% mana recovery on block allows to run no leech or no regen maps, but not both at the same time, without gem switching.
- The boots with double "supported by" mods is meh. Fortify isn't affected by increased duration and Reckoning can't be supported by Fortify. And I thought I could get ultimate 6L utility Reckoning.
- Red Elder portal phase can be cheesed by 20q Enduring Cry. It will cover whole area and all summons will ignore Shaper.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/uV7WeiYe

Physical damage reduction is way better than armour in terms of damage mitigation. As written on the wiki : armour will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 armour will never prevent more than 100 damage).

The formula found on the wiki to calculate the resulting damage of a hit : (10 * Damage * Damage) / (Armour + (10 * Damage))

For example, if you encounter a monster which deals a 7000 damage hit :
- with 10000 armour and arctic armour : (10 * 7000 * 7000) / (10000 + (10 * 7000)) = 6125 damage taken + 13% additional physical damage reduction = 6125 - (6125 * 0.13) = 5329 final damage taken
- with 15100 armour (51% more from determination) : (10 * 7000 * 7000) / (15100 + (10 * 7000)) = 5757 final damage taken

So its not really a more defensive build if you get rid of arctic armour, you are more exposed to one shots than before, you don't reduce fire damage taken anymore and you cant chill monsters anymore. The additional block is cool, but there are too much downsides in my opinion, like having more chances to get one shotted. I didn't mention it, but the damage mitigation from arctic armour also reduce the damage of corrupted blood, and armour doesn't.

About the flasks, I prefer keeping defensive flasks for the "oh shit" moments, rather than offensive ones. About that, you should swap your jade flask with a basalt flask, as explained before armour is not that great, 15% physical damage reduction is way better :)

Finally, losing the chances to shock on block is a big dps loss on bosses, the lion's roar doesn't replace it since you only have 2 uses on a boss. The %mana on block is not really needed, the build already have 2% mana regen when hit from enchant + 8 mana on block + mana leech, you might get some lack of mana on those no leech or no regen maps, but this mod isn't better since most of the time you kill mobs before having the chance to block.

But the red nightmare jewel alone is a nice addition to this build, having more block is always nice :)
Last edited by mayo on Jan 21, 2018, 1:48:28 PM
You should post a how to guide video on Youtube for Uber Trio.

"Just kill the titty girl first" lmao
"
JLawL wrote:
You should post a how to guide video on Youtube for Uber Trio.

"Just kill the titty girl first" lmao

I'll try to make a video about it :)

Be sure to get an Anti-bleed potion, like a basalt. Basically, just stand and hit her with Rumi & your anti-bleed basalt flask up. When she does her projectile rain, move, and go back to kill her when the rain is over. You have to do it fast when you still have flask charges, then refill your flasks by running and killing the mobs who will pop after she dies, and when you are full charges you can face tank the other two with both your falsks up and repeat the operation.
"
mayo wrote:

Physical damage reduction is way better than armour in terms of damage mitigation. As written on the wiki : armour will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 armour will never prevent more than 100 damage).

The formula found on the wiki to calculate the resulting damage of a hit : (10 * Damage * Damage) / (Armour + (10 * Damage))

For example, if you encounter a monster which deals a 7000 damage hit :
- with 10000 armour and arctic armour : (10 * 7000 * 7000) / (10000 + (10 * 7000)) = 6125 damage taken + 13% additional physical damage reduction = 6125 - (6125 * 0.13) = 5329 final damage taken
- with 15100 armour (51% more from determination) : (10 * 7000 * 7000) / (15100 + (10 * 7000)) = 5757 final damage taken

It's fine and dandy, but AA only works when stationary, and you'll have to move at least once per 4 seconds to refresh Fortify, which makes you more vulnerable to oneshots than my version during these periods.

"
mayo wrote:

So its not really a more defensive build if you get rid of arctic armour, you are more exposed to one shots than before, you don't reduce fire damage taken anymore and you cant chill monsters anymore. The additional block is cool, but there are too much downsides in my opinion, like having more chances to get one shotted. I didn't mention it, but the damage mitigation from arctic armour also reduce the damage of corrupted blood, and armour doesn't.

Having 75% block versus 68% (Red Nightmare included in your build) without Rumi's is overall 20% less damage taken, so it's definitely more defensive. Due to way one-shots work in this game, you will never be able to stack enough defence to mitigate all of them. Sure, maybe AA is better versus physical and fire damage, but it won't get rid of all fire and phys oneshots, only 13% of them. And there are still cold, lightning and chaos oneshots.
Corrupted blood is a non-problem, just pop a flask, the charges of which are plenty.

"
mayo wrote:

About the flasks, I prefer keeping defensive flasks for the "oh shit" moments, rather than offensive ones. About that, you should swap your jade flask with a basalt flask, as explained before armour is not that great, 15% physical damage reduction is way better :)

I prefer my block being capped all the time instead of relying on 2 charges of Rumi's. Life flasks won't help against one shots and instant one will heal what, 20% of lifebar?
Basalt is better, but it has to be Chemist's of Warding with 23%+ roll to provide 2 uses for curse immunity.

"
mayo wrote:

Finally, losing the chances to shock on block is a big dps loss on bosses, the lion's roar doesn't replace it since you only have 2 uses on a boss. The %mana on block is not really needed, the build already have 2% mana regen when hit from enchant + 8 mana on block + mana leech, you might get some lack of mana on those no leech or no regen maps, but this mod isn't better since most of the time you kill mobs before having the chance to block.

I bought the shield before you added "shock attacker" mod to the requirement. It wasn't a replacement for shock, just the observation that mana on block is useful, considering we already have quite a lot of "no go" map mods already.
To be quite honest, getting the shield with 3 useful shaper mods is unreal this late into the league.
This is a search for charges on block, reservation and shock attacker. Only 4 shields, 2 of them can be thrown out due to shit life roll, the 3 alch one doesn't seem to play anymore and the last one doesn't have space for flat phys craft. So even with 1k ex in stash, there will still be the problem of availability.

"
Pyotr wrote:
It's fine and dandy, but AA only works when stationary, and you'll have to move at least once per 4 seconds to refresh Fortify, which makes you more vulnerable to oneshots than my version during these periods.

Fortify gem has 35% increased duration (with 20% quality, 25% duration otherwise), so its a move every 6 seconds, not 4. And it's pretty easy to move between 2 attacks of the boss to avoid being hit when you are moving. This build is more vulnerable for like 0.2 seconds every 6 seconds, and more tanky the other 5.8 seconds. No monster is impredictable, you can move on the right time to avoid this vulnerable period, like just after taking a hit, it works 99.9% of the time.

"
Pyotr wrote:

Having 75% block versus 68% (Red Nightmare included in your build) without Rumi's is overall 20% less damage taken, so it's definitely more defensive. Due to way one-shots work in this game, you will never be able to stack enough defence to mitigate all of them. Sure, maybe AA is better versus physical and fire damage, but it won't get rid of all fire and phys oneshots, only 13% of them. And there are still cold, lightning and chaos oneshots.
Corrupted blood is a non-problem, just pop a flask, the charges of which are plenty.

We can't avoid every one-shots in the game, but we can reduce their possible number, that's why I took arctic armour. You shouldn't consider block as "less damage", it is less damage because you will take less total damage after the same run, but the problem here is not the amount of total damage you will take after a run, there are no stuff reparation or thing like that, we don't care about all meaningless damage, we just care about the big monsters who can one shot us. The most important thing is to avoid those one shots. Additional block will help, no doubt about it, but you are relying on chance here.

My goal with this build is to be able to take some hits from any mob without dying, and I already took some close hits which almost killed me (Minotaur + damage + additional fire damage + additional lightning damage), maybe I would be dead without AA.

7% block vs 6% mitigation, I choose mitigation.

"
Pyotr wrote:
I prefer my block being capped all the time instead of relying on 2 charges of Rumi's. Life flasks won't help against one shots and instant one will heal what, 20% of lifebar?
Basalt is better, but it has to be Chemist's of Warding with 23%+ roll to provide 2 uses for curse immunity.

Like you said, "It's fine and dandy" being block caped, but not cool if you mitigate less damage, you are more vulnerable to one shots :p

I use life flasks when I just took a big hit, what do you do when you take a huge hit and drop to 10% life ? I use some instant flasks (maybe all if I panicked xD) + rumi to avoid death in case the next hit isn't blocked. But as I said in the build (I think ?), the only mandatory flask in my opinion is the Rumi to get to 75% block on bad moments, the rest is up to the player. Some player like me prefer having defensives flasks, some prefer offensives ones, it is really up to each player.

And such a basalt flask is not that hard to get :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info