[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

Is it necessary to help Oak, I mean will it ruin the complete build killing all bandits?

Hi Mayo,

Seems that the Abyss league is giving new perspectives to your build.
Unfortunately i don't have enough playing time to go in season, so i'm still playing my character in Standard.
However i followed your different updates since the launch of Abyss, and i'm wondering why you were changing your shield. I tested myself with the reduced mana reservation and phys damage crafted on it. Herald of Ash doesn't balance the loss of DPS from the flat phys dmg and the attack speed from the Great Old One's ward. Do you agree with that ? Then i agree that with the "shock" affix you got lately, it should be more powerful.

Considering your main 6L setup, i guess this is only possible with your specific amulet found in Abyss (% phys converted). Do you see a similar possible change in Standard ?

Well, the only drawback i find to this build is the lack of dps on a single target when you go T14+ (i couldn't finish the elder in T14...)

Good luck with your challenges :)
Hey

"
rainypray wrote:

Is it necessary to help Oak, I mean will it ruin the complete build killing all bandits?

The build won't be ruined, but you will lose 1% regen, 2% physical damage reduced & 20% physcial damage, and you can't really compensate for it on the tree with the 2 points you will get. You can decide to take some more %life/%armour nodes from the marauder start instead, I don't think it's a big deal, but the %reduced physical damage taken helps a lot to counter the negative effect of Abyssus

"
Geraldor wrote:

However i followed your different updates since the launch of Abyss, and i'm wondering why you were changing your shield. I tested myself with the reduced mana reservation and phys damage crafted on it. Herald of Ash doesn't balance the loss of DPS from the flat phys dmg and the attack speed from the Great Old One's ward. Do you agree with that ? Then i agree that with the "shock" affix you got lately, it should be more powerful.

Yep the DPS is not fully compensated, but Herald of Ash adds some good clearspedd to the build.
And the loss isn't huge, I made some tests on Path of Building with my current stuff :
- With great old one & without Herald of ash : 444k DPS with frenzy charges, 322k without
- With shaper shield & with herald of ash : 419k DPS with frenzy charges, 300k without
But don't forget you can't generate frenzy charges without killing with the 3.0 setup, so on bosses like shaper, you don't have frenzy charges. With the shaper shield, you can maintain your charges the whole fight thanks to your block, plus you can shock the boss and add 20% damage on him for 4 sec, so the 419k DPS become 500k+ for 4 seconds :)

"
Geraldor wrote:

Considering your main 6L setup, i guess this is only possible with your specific amulet found in Abyss (% phys converted). Do you see a similar possible change in Standard ?

You can change the gem setup, switch Cold penetration with Physical to lightning, then you will deal 100% elemental damage and have about the same DPS (higher DPS tooltip but less penetration). You will just struggle a bit more on Elemental resist maps & bosses, since you will have less penetration.

"
Geraldor wrote:

Well, the only drawback i find to this build is the lack of dps on a single target when you go T14+ (i couldn't finish the elder in T14...)

I'm reaching 400k DPS on bosses, so it is not really a problem. I killed shaper in 3.0 with less DPS than that since I couldn't generate Frenzy charges on bosses back then.
I didn't get to kill the elder on a T14 map, but I killed him a week ago on a T12, the only problem being my lack of knowledge about his fight mechanics. So with my actual stuff, I'm pretty sure I can kill him easily in T14
Last edited by mayo on Dec 28, 2017, 5:55:29 PM
Hey, thanks for your answers.

I've been thinking about a few more things :

1) I'm testing a high level CWDT to put a Molten Shell in the setup and gain more survivability. I keep your Elemental weakness of course, and also add Frost Bomb which play the role of your cold penetration against bosses. Bad idea ?

2) With the 3.1 changes, Blood Rage doesn't seem that important to me, because the buff you get in only the attack speed (the leech wont work with Ice Crash as there is no physical damage anymore, it will only work with reckoning, so pointless)

3) You dropped Onslaught, is it because it's not useful against bosses ?

"
Geraldor wrote:
Hey, thanks for your answers.

I've been thinking about a few more things :

1) I'm testing a high level CWDT to put a Molten Shell in the setup and gain more survivability. I keep your Elemental weakness of course, and also add Frost Bomb which play the role of your cold penetration against bosses. Bad idea ?

2) With the 3.1 changes, Blood Rage doesn't seem that important to me, because the buff you get in only the attack speed (the leech wont work with Ice Crash as there is no physical damage anymore, it will only work with reckoning, so pointless)

3) You dropped Onslaught, is it because it's not useful against bosses ?

Hey

1) Frost bomb is a pretty good idea, I didn't think about it, but maybe I should give it a try as well :) Not sure about Molten shell, a high level CWDT would make your curse & frost bomb proc less often, but you can give it a try.

2) Yep the leech has been a lot reduced (my char does 88% cold and 12% physical), but the 20% attack speed is still a gppd DPS boost :) And you still get the leech from reckoning, which is still a lot physical (62% physical 38% cold) and works fine specially in packs of monster since it hits a lot of targets multiple times

3) I dropped it because I needed gems slots, I had the choice between melee physical or onslaught, I chose to remove onslaught. But removing melee physical is a good choice too I guess :)
"
mayo wrote:

Hey

1) Frost bomb is a pretty good idea, I didn't think about it, but maybe I should give it a try as well :) Not sure about Molten shell, a high level CWDT would make your curse & frost bomb proc less often, but you can give it a try.

Actually it procs pretty often on high tier maps, you don't realize the amount of damage you take because you have a lot of regen. But it procs often :) And to my mind, the elemental weakness buff is only useful for hard mobs so you necessarily proc on them. I'm a bit short in life pool so i think it's a good way to compensate.

"
mayo wrote:

2) Yep the leech has been a lot reduced (my char does 88% cold and 12% physical), but the 20% attack speed is still a gppd DPS boost :) And you still get the leech from reckoning, which is still a lot physical (62% physical 38% cold) and works fine specially in packs of monster since it hits a lot of targets multiple times

I saw the amount of dps brought on PoB...no discussion here, Blood Rage is mandatory.

I updated my gear today thanks to nice items i found on poetrade, looks better now. I tested Herald of Ash, it's indeed a very good tool to improve the clearspeed !!

Well, thanks a lot for your time and good luck in Abyss.
"
Geraldor wrote:

Watcher's Eye is a jewel and is randomly dropped from Elder, so you can get it on standard. Good luck getting the right affix though.

"
mayo wrote:

Corrupted Facebreaker can get ele weakness on hit which means 100% uptime due to reckoning.

So if you get it, there is a FREE socket for Frost Bomb in CWDT setup.

There is also this beauty: http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Impresence
But I don't know how to get 2 sockets for blasphemy in your set-up, bar getting boots with fortify and removing CWDT from Frost Bomb. And it doesn't seem to give better DPS anyway.
Last edited by Pyotr on Dec 30, 2017, 7:13:15 AM
"
Pyotr wrote:

Corrupted Facebreaker can get ele weakness on hit which means 100% uptime due to reckoning.

So if you get it, there is a FREE socket for Frost Bomb in CWDT setup.

Facebreaker with elemental weakness is OP, I need that :D Free socket for Frost bomb as you say :)

But I need the rights socket, and a decent physical %, will be hard to get :d
Last edited by mayo on Dec 30, 2017, 5:50:39 PM
What do you consider a decent %? Sockets aren't exactly a problem, since vorici 8 can modify them later.
Yep but Vorici 8 is pretty long to get :(

I consider 780% is enough for facebreaker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info