[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Just dropped this disgusting sword in palace map, gives me a ton more dps after switching out one of my daggers for it.

ALso upgraded to these gloves to cover res more, having troubles finding somebody online to sell me a good gc conversion helm.
"
BdXtcvfSnv wrote:

Just dropped this disgusting sword in palace map, gives me a ton more dps after switching out one of my daggers for it.

ALso upgraded to these gloves to cover res more, having troubles finding somebody online to sell me a good gc conversion helm.

might be worth just buying a white base with the enchant and throw some essences at it imo.

Guys...are your totems invulnerable to damage when you die? Mine are. They don't take any damage and continue casting until they despawn from the timer.
"
It is a decent neck if you're willing to not have any life or mana on that slot.

Shaper / uber elder have 20 mil HP. With my gear that gives about a 3% shock. So the main attraction is the 15% increased damage taken. That's pretty close to being a "more" multiplier, since we don't really have any other "increased damage taken" mods (other than the aforementioned shock).

So, basically 18% more damage. Compared to no neck, my shitty neck:

Gives me ~12% more damage, but also life and mana. If you added a shaper conversion mod to my neck it would give me 22% more damage.

The shock may work out better for self cast / mines because they're not taking the totem damage penalty. They're casting fewer GCs that individually hit harder and therefor shock harder. I suppose if I swapped faster casting for a gem that scales per hit damage I could get my shock a little bigger, but 4% instead of 3% isn't going to make me use the neck.

If you need resists on your amulet, are willing to not have life/mana, and have phys as extra fire or phys as extra random element on your scepter for the ignite, it is a decent option.

So, after further exploring on this neck...

It seems that PoB does not calculate it's benefit properly. That's what people are claiming.

The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and the damage increase scales relative to the amount of Lightning damage dealt to the enemy's maximum life. Increased damage from shock is capped at 50% at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Lightning damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage.

So assuming 100% of your damage is applying shock, are you only gaining 3% from each GC hit?

I've also imported one of the GC miners PoB and it does not seem like that hit that much harder compared to me (although my gear is kind of overkill).

"
The yoke is hands down BiS for GC. Uncontested. POB isn't even fully equipped to calculate the damage yoke gives us. Go to calc in Pob, make sure you have gc as socket group, then go to shock dur. mod and thats the actual damage yoke gives you, so you then add that onto your current avg hit, then check freez dur. mod. rinse/repeat. Sure the shaper amulet shows you have better tooltip dps, but thats simply paper damage, not as substantial as Yoke.

Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 29, 2018, 2:57:26 PM
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
BdXtcvfSnv wrote:

might be worth just buying a white base with the enchant and throw some essences at it imo.

Finally bought one of the FOUR white bases for sale for 150c, used one of the life essences on it and landed that. I'll take it!
"
BuDiu wrote:

It seems that PoB does not calculate it's benefit properly. That's what people are claiming.

Yeah, I calculated it manually.

"
So assuming 100% of your damage is applying shock, are you only gaining 3% from each GC hit?

Yes. You'd probably get more with your crazy gear, but ~3% is what I get. That's using all my elemental damage (but not chaos damage) to calculate the shock against shaper. The shock would be bigger against smaller targets, but I don't really care about them.

It may actually beat an amulet with 2 shaper mods, if the amulet doesn't have any other non-shaper DPS mods. For me it gives almost identical damage to:

Which I have worn on occasion, but don't really like because it doesn't have any life/mana.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 29, 2018, 3:24:43 PM
"
"
BuDiu wrote:

Yeah, I calculated it manually.

"

Yes. You'd probably get more with your crazy gear, but ~3% is what I get. That's using all my elemental damage (but not chaos damage) to calculate the shock against shaper. The shock would be bigger against smaller targets, but I don't really care about them.

It may actually beat an amulet with 2 shaper mods, if the amulet doesn't have any other non-shaper DPS mods. For me it gives almost identical damage to:

Which I have worn on occasion, but don't really like because it doesn't have any life/mana.

man if that es roll was life!!!!!
"
BuDiu wrote:
man if that es roll was life!!!!!

Yeah I've been trying to sell it for a while, apparently nobody is playing ES phys conversion builds.
Just tried shaper, first two phases were hilariously easy, third phase got cheesed twice but overall easy fight. First time I've beaten him solo...solid! Only got the trash gloves as drop tho

Gear at the time for any curious:

Last edited by BdXtcvfSnv on Mar 29, 2018, 3:32:04 PM
"
BuDiu wrote:
I've also imported one of the GC miners PoB and it does not seem like that hit that much harder compared to me (although my gear is kind of overkill).

I went ahead and calc'd it with your ridiculous gear, and it is just under 6% shock. So that's 21% more damage, essentially. Compared to 17.4% from your current amulet. Of course your current amulet has life on it so I don't know that it is an obvious upgrade for you, any more than it is for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info