[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

As for the original question "which is better, dagger or scepter" the short answer is as always, "it depends on the roll."

For the same cost you can usually get a better scepter. This is likely because people roll a lot of scepters as off-hand stat sticks for reave, bladeflurry, etc type builds, and if they get caster stats they sell them off.

Also scepters have the same amount of good prefixes, but a couple of additional good suffixes (cast speed, phys as random element), so it is just straight up easier to roll a good one. This is especially true if you're alting because you can alt "as extra" both on the prefix and the suffix, while the item is still blue. On daggers they're all prefixes so you have to regal into your second "as extra" mod.

The best possible offhand is a scepter, because of the phys as extra random element mod. None of us will ever get one on leagues probably, but you can get 4 good "as extra" mods on a scepter.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 19, 2018, 1:12:19 AM
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

Are you high?

Edit:I have a video for you. 65% ele res T12 and 69% increased monster life T14.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20955780/

Considering you're not using the gear set he has shown for when he claims to have beat Shaper with Hiero, what does anything in that video have to do with what I typed? And I did put the wrong resists, those were the amounts below 75 values. He's showing gear with 34 fire res, 2 cold res and 34 lightning res and without the Essence Worm. You might as well post a pizza sticks video and tell me that shows why I'm wrong. In no way does that negate my experience with a similar build with better defenses.

Guys can you suggest me which gear i should change? I was thinking about getting rid of the helmet, since I already have %100 cold dmg via long winter jewels.
Hello. Thanks for build, it is awesome! ^^ My items sucks but i smash everything anyway. What should i change in first place? I have 2 exs and Im thinking about shopping.
Last edited by pitappll on Mar 19, 2018, 8:46:25 AM
40% GC damage on helmet is not good? if i capped 100% conversion whit jewels
"
En3ka wrote:

It is very good

From personal testing I found that using a double/tripple hatred Watchers eye is really strong. (Ideally Crit chance + Cold Conversion + Cold Penn) or just double hatred with crit chance + cold conversion.

Of course this is a multi mirror + cost jewel =P

Btw some new goods I obtained this weekend (notably the sceptre and the new helmet)=O

Spoiler

Current setup BSC:

Using a Hatred Clarity watchers eye. 1.7% Crit chance and 18% damage taken gained as mana. (Have noticed a really good difference with the damage taken gained as mana mod. It really helps you on being able to spam totems with MoM while taking heavy damage. Very noticeable difference)

I'm also enjoying Aspect of the Cat! Seems like a nice little buff and the mana reserved does not feel bad at all.

Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 19, 2018, 9:31:22 AM
I took a slightly different take on this build - mostly because I hated having to spam flasks literally all the time to handle the curses with the Soul Mantle. As this is my first "real" character it took me a little bit to get it down (and I'm going to add blade fury for movement - didnt know that really existed and was using flame dash which I hate). Ignore the items in the sceptre - just me leveling some gems. I do the cold conversion using the two Long Winter jewels, so the belt didnt hurt me at all and provided some necessary strength for the armor. I've cleared all the way up to T15 so far, usually without much trouble unless I'm being an idiot which happens... I just finished getting the Elder on the map so I can attempt the guardians.

I know this probably isnt optimal for experienced folks, but so far it's seemed to work pretty well for me

"
BuDiu wrote:
"
En3ka wrote:

It is very good

From personal testing I found that using a double/tripple hatred Watchers eye is really strong. (Ideally Crit chance + Cold Conversion + Cold Penn) or just double hatred with crit chance + cold conversion.

Of course this is a multi mirror + cost jewel =P

Btw some new goods I obtained this weekend (notably the sceptre and the new helmet)=O

Spoiler

Current setup BSC:

Using a Hatred Clarity watchers eye. 1.7% Crit chance and 18% damage taken gained as mana. (Have noticed a really good difference with the damage taken gained as mana mod. It really helps you on being able to spam totems with MoM while taking heavy damage. Very noticeable difference)

I'm also enjoying Aspect of the Cat! Seems like a nice little buff and the mana reserved does not feel bad at all.

holy dick and balls where did you make all that currency
"
hogscraper wrote:
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

Are you high?

Edit:I have a video for you. 65% ele res T12 and 69% increased monster life T14.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20955780/

Considering you're not using the gear set he has shown for when he claims to have beat Shaper with Hiero, what does anything in that video have to do with what I typed? And I did put the wrong resists, those were the amounts below 75 values. He's showing gear with 34 fire res, 2 cold res and 34 lightning res and without the Essence Worm. You might as well post a pizza sticks video and tell me that shows why I'm wrong. In no way does that negate my experience with a similar build with better defenses.

You can always click his name, and check "characters" tab. He has only 3 characters so you can find that hiero pretty easily.

You are right, he is not equipping EXACTLY the same set in the showcase. I see this pretty common in build threads, where the author just throw out some "good gear". You get the ideas about their costs and stat priorities, but not a full set that can be mirror-and-go.

But what amused me is that, you actually picked the exact gears as him, even all the same mods? And you actually DID run maps with, you said, 2 cold resist? I would really appreciate if you record a video with that, lol.

"
notwisted wrote:

holy dick and balls where did you make all that currency

I had a pretty out of the ordinary league start here is some of the stuff that I can think right off the bat:

I crafted 2x Shped stat sticks early on with like 400 chaos. One sold for 20ex other sold for like 14 ex.
I found a Xoph neck from a breach.
I made a shaped neck that sold for near mirror price.
3x 6 linked soul mantles in less than 700 fusing total combined between all 3. (vaaled all 3 no +1 gems but none ripped).
Found two decent watchers eye in my first 10 elder runs that sold for a good chunk as well.
Sold a ton of shaped/elder ilvl 80-85.
Got a Starforge and a Dying Sun from like 5 shaper runs.

That + everyday trading and flipping a few items here and there.

You'd be surprised how fast you can build currency with a properly setup item indexer and some crafting luck ^.^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info