[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
niftytim wrote:
I dunno if this was posted, 150+ pages a lot to look through. Why isn't the Long winter jewel utilized? Am I missing something?

it's in the questions section

"
Nice but not necessary for this build. I am of the opinion that these jewels were made for the mines or for self-casting Glacial Cascade as the extra pulse adds length to the ability. Miners drop the mines at their feet and self casters cast from their body. As totem players we have more control/distance with good totem placement. The only other benefit for the The Long Winter Jewel is the conversion which we can pick up other with Hrimsorrow, a helm enchant, or a Watcher's Eye.
"
niftytim wrote:
I dunno if this was posted, 150+ pages a lot to look through. Why isn't the Long winter jewel utilized? Am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure he explains that in the actual guide. It's included as an option. You could also I believe use the helm enchant instead of the Jewels. Basically there are other ways to convert the physical, and using Long Winter Jewels isn't the most efficient. That being said, it's definitely an easy way to get it, especially earlier in a league or if you're on a low budget. I'm pretty sure that his Path Of Building link actually includes Long Winter Jewels.
I'm sure we're all curious what Thi3n has to say, especially with the Shaper "stat sticks" being nerfed down to half strength. Those were big boosts to our DPS.

I don't think the Hiero changes are actually a nerf though.
crap my bad. Thanks for clearing that up man!
Will the build work with a 5L soul mantle?
This has been my favorite build for many leagues. I was going to use it as a league starter but it feels like it's not so great anymore. I'm waiting for Thi3n youtube video to make my final decision but here are some things that worry me.

From 3.5 patch notes:

Item Balance
"The Shaper weapon mods which cause you to gain a portion of Physical Damage as Extra Cold, Fire, or Lightning Damage, or Extra Damage of a random Element, grant half as much Extra Damage. Amulets are unaffected by this change, and this does not affect existing items. Existing versions can be updated to these new values with a Divine Orb."

- So this means that extra damage will be capped to 20% instead of 40%. For example my current dagger has "Gain 30% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage" and "Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage". In this league numbers would be 15% and 20%. While I'm using two of this kind of daggers the nerf to my damage will be real.

Ascendancy Balance
"Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem."

- We will lose 1 totem that was granted by this ascendancy node. Additional damage per totem won't be enough.

There will be veiled mod in shield that gives us one extra totem. But to use that we would need to give up second weapon. There will also be some support gem that gives us additional totem but cuts some damage made by supported skills. And we also can't use that gem spot to support skill that would actually give more damage.

So summa summarum it feels like there is pretty much nerfing to this build. I will probably use totems only as support from now on. :(
"
Ikankuupelo wrote:

snip

Not seeing this to be totally honest. With some quick fiddling on PoB you can get just short of 100k dps per totem with 1 void battery. Offhand still open for second void battery or shield with +1 totem. Not sure how hard the extra damage nerfs hit the build but it definitely still seems like a very viable option.
"
UncleCoord wrote:
"
Ikankuupelo wrote:

snip

Not seeing this to be totally honest. With some quick fiddling on PoB you can get just short of 100k dps per totem with 1 void battery. Offhand still open for second void battery or shield with +1 totem. Not sure how hard the extra damage nerfs hit the build but it definitely still seems like a very viable option.

Well I'm not saying this build would not work anymore at all. I meant to say that compared to earlier experiences it would not be so overpowered anymore. I used to do uber elders and all other end game content easily with this build. Now it seems like it would require more investment or skill to handle all the bosses out there.

The 100k dps per totem you mentioned is way lower than the one I had with my character. And now we have 1 totem less. So each totem deals less damage than earlier and we miss one whole totem. Not fun at all. I'm just sad with all the nerfs :(
"
Ikankuupelo wrote:
"
UncleCoord wrote:
"
Ikankuupelo wrote:

snip

Well I'm not saying this build would not work anymore at all. I meant to say that compared to earlier experiences it would not be so overpowered anymore. I used to do uber elders and all other end game content easily with this build. Now it seems like it would require more investment or skill to handle all the bosses out there.

The 100k dps per totem you mentioned is way lower than the one I had with my character. And now we have 1 totem less. So each totem deals less damage than earlier and we miss one whole totem. Not fun at all. I'm just sad with all the nerfs :(

I think a lot of builds are going to be feeling the pain, definitely feels to me like GGG Want a lower powered league. That having been said however, we have no idea how strong the new veiled mods are going to be, so fingers crossed!
If multiple totems support is about the same as multiple traps support, this might be helpful with the loss of one totem on the ascendancy. The net would be an increase of 2 totems (4 goes to 6 for my version) with a loss of 31% damage each, or not much net change. However, that support gem has to displace something else good. Not sure what I could stand to lose.

Seems like it will be nice way to play though, with max totems taking only two casts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info