[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

is stat stick nerf effecting this build at all?
"
caligrown123 wrote:
is stat stick nerf effecting this build at all?

AFAICT this is only a nerf for melee (as per usual). But it will affect the use of whirling blade if you were using that. Sceptres can't be used with that. So either you use two daggers for whirling blades or you use another movement skill.

What really matters is this:
"The Hierophant node Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem."

All of a sudden the new multiple totems support becomes more interesting. Hiero still only summon 2 totems it would seem, but at least mitigates 6% of the damage loss from them gem.

- But then there is also this:
"Additional totems are now available from other sources, and players will have a number of options for totem builds, as well as being able to explore the new Brand skills."

I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure what we will end up with.
Last edited by sikker on Dec 4, 2018, 2:24:59 AM
I wouldn't rush to call this a nerf, it's quite possible that in 3.5 we'll actually be stronger than in 3.4
"
Defiants wrote:
I wouldn't rush to call this a nerf, it's quite possible that in 3.5 we'll actually be stronger than in 3.4

That´s my thinking as well. As of right now I can have 5 totems with Soul Mantle. It could proove to be interesting what the patch notes reveal with even more options for more totems.

I would love to take the Hiero as my league starter for Betrayal :).
"
AFAICT this is only a nerf for melee (as per usual).

For now, after patch note i thnik stick will no longer work on spell (just change "# of physical damage as extra" to "#% of physical melee/attack damage as extra", i dont think so, that GGG kill stick only for melee skills. So anyway we need to wait for a patch note :)
Are you going to use the new totem support gem for this build?
will this build still be good after the hiero nerfs?
"Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem."

I am planning to pick this build at this league, never play totem before, this really make me confused.
Hope soon someone can explain me this is a nerf or buff or not affected at all.
As I can guess this is reduce number of total totems we can summon but we can summon 2 totem at once cast, so we can set up totems faster? Like what they did to Blade Vortex?
Given the nerf to statsticks I am definitely considering a void battery variant now. Waiting on tree release to decide on 2nd VB or shield with +1 totem. Seems like a significant nerf overall though.
I dunno if this was posted, 150+ pages a lot to look through. Why isn't the Long winter jewel utilized? Am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info