[3.4] EQ / Sunder Juggernaut - Uber Lab / Guardians - League Starter / Budget - with Videos

"
Genji084 wrote:
"
Drexl27 wrote:
Hey guys, So far I've had major issues completing Phoenix and Chimera - in fact, I had to get someone to help with both, and only Phoenix turned out with a kill. I now have two Minotaur maps and wanna make sure I can complete it. That said, what more can I do with my current gear/flasks/skills to be able to down these guardians on a consistent basis? Thanks!

- Are your defenses around 20-21k? With that Belly of the Beast I bet you're somewhere between 10and 15k max.
- Change vulnerability to enfeeble, which lowers the enemies accuracy and damage (crit chance, crit multi and raw offense).
- I'd run either Stone Golem or Fire Golem instead of your Lightning Golem

I'd advise you to follow his build to the letter.

So I took your advice and upgraded to an armour with 1765, and that took me from about 12.5k to 18221 total. So I'm still off from the 20-21k, and it seems like the total armour on my other pieces is more than the author's. What else am I missing?
Great build! Traditionally I’ve been one of those guys who has focused primarily on shaping and sextant blocking my atlas for profit, and building straight-up boss killers for endgame stuff. I’ve not exactly hated lab, but many builds I’ve ran had a difficult time with it so it was like one of those things to get over and done with and move on. When GGG announced changes to how sextants work, I decided I wanted to give lab-farming a try, and your guide was the first I came across. I followed it pretty closely with similar gear and tree-pathing, and over the course of time I’ve fallen IN LOVE with the Eternal Labyrinth. Solving puzzles, jumping around the trap gauntlets, going for max keys and darkshrines is a really enjoyable experience, made even better by all the loot explosions. I’ve only had a few enchants that made any kind of substantial profit (thank you Mathil and your new Ice Shot build), but the raw currency returns, maps and quality gems have made it totally worth. In total I’ve probably made about 30ex from farming lab alone (I started the league a bit late), selling stuff and converting currency. I did get pretty lucky and get the 40% increased Sunder damage enchant, and decided to keep it as this build is quickly going from league starter to the one I'll use for the rest of the content (already took down Red Elder and Atziri a bunch of times. Guardians and Shaper are next).

Current gear:

My rings have some room for improvement, and my gloves and boots can be better. I’m not in a huge hurry to upgrade the chest (probably the last thing I'll do after I minmax my other gear). That said, I’m sitting at 6200 HP and 20K armor with 65% phys reduction so I’m not really hurting in the defense department (for now). My DPS is about 166K unbuffed, while AW’s is 55K. I’m not sure how bleed DPS is factored in, but it’s 8777. I’m sure better rings and a phys damage roll on the gloves will do wonders, and once I get a 3rd jewel socket that will help a lot too. It’s worth mentioning I just flipped all my gems, so most are 19/20 so there is some DPS lacking there too.

So again, thanks for this guide. I’ve gone from begrudgingly running lab for ascendancy to the dude in global 820 gladly carrying people through it.
@psyonix How does your map clear speed feel on red maps. I have very similar gear to yours, albeit slightly worse, and the speed at which I clear maps just feels so slow and grindy. Are there different gems that would work better with Sunder that help map clearing? With the current gems, my HO dps with HoA and Hatred is about 90k.
"
Drexl27 wrote:
@psyonix How does your map clear speed feel on red maps. I have very similar gear to yours, albeit slightly worse, and the speed at which I clear maps just feels so slow and grindy. Are there different gems that would work better with Sunder that help map clearing? With the current gems, my HO dps with HoA and Hatred is about 90k.

Well I spend most of my time in lab, but mapping I have gone as high as T14. T11s, depending on mods, I oneshot most trash pretty easily. For magic packs or rares, I just pop AW into the pack and leapslam into it, mashing sunder and everything dies fast. I usually don’t have to use flasks until the bosses. In bossfights, it’s not the fastest bosskiller, but it’s far from slow. Given it’s setup/geared for a lab farmer, I’d say it performs pretty well in high tier maps.

"
Drexl27 wrote:
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
Drexl27 wrote:
Hey guys, So far I've had major issues completing Phoenix and Chimera - in fact, I had to get someone to help with both, and only Phoenix turned out with a kill. I now have two Minotaur maps and wanna make sure I can complete it. That said, what more can I do with my current gear/flasks/skills to be able to down these guardians on a consistent basis? Thanks!

- Are your defenses around 20-21k? With that Belly of the Beast I bet you're somewhere between 10and 15k max.
- Change vulnerability to enfeeble, which lowers the enemies accuracy and damage (crit chance, crit multi and raw offense).
- I'd run either Stone Golem or Fire Golem instead of your Lightning Golem

I'd advise you to follow his build to the letter.

So I took your advice and upgraded to an armour with 1765, and that took me from about 12.5k to 18221 total. So I'm still off from the 20-21k, and it seems like the total armour on my other pieces is more than the author's. What else am I missing?

I'm not at 20k yet^^
Well, I was just able to do Minotaur very easily, 21k armour with the Perseverance belt over the +1 endurance Belt of the Deceiver. I just stood in one spot the whole time with no problems. I don't know how the other 3 guardians will go though, since many of them deal non-physical damage that I don't know how much effect armour offers against.
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
Drexl27 wrote:

Well I spend most of my time in lab, but mapping I have gone as high as T14. T11s, depending on mods, I oneshot most trash pretty easily. For magic packs or rares, I just pop AW into the pack and leapslam into it, mashing sunder and everything dies fast. I usually don’t have to use flasks until the bosses. In bossfights, it’s not the fastest bosskiller, but it’s far from slow. Given it’s setup/geared for a lab farmer, I’d say it performs pretty well in high tier maps.

Yea, lab is a sleepwalk, but I wanna be able to consistently complete high tier maps and guardians. Just wondering how to improve my DPS while keeping my survivability at about the same. I have about 15ex worth of currency to spend on more gear, but I don't wanna waste it.
"
Drexl27 wrote:
"
Psyonix wrote:
"
Drexl27 wrote:

Yea, lab is a sleepwalk, but I wanna be able to consistently complete high tier maps and guardians. Just wondering how to improve my DPS while keeping my survivability at about the same. I have about 15ex worth of currency to spend on more gear, but I don't wanna waste it.

One thing I notice is you are using Fortify in your 6L. I've opted for ruthless in mine, which gives me about 20K more tooltip DPS, instead opting to use fortify in my leap slam setup (I'm jumping all over the place, into packs and such, so fortify feels like it has 100% uptime). In red maps my clearspeed is about as fast as you'd expect jumping around oneshotting everything. Bosses just take a bit longer than some of the other meta builds that are out there.
Great Build.
I'd like to know whether the build can kill Uber Atziri and Uber Elder?
If so, what's the setup?
Last edited by moepmoep12 on Mar 20, 2018, 9:56:48 AM
Thanks, I'll try that.

By the way, has anyone managed to kill Chimera, Shaper, or Atziri? If so, what tweaks did you make to the build to be able to do it? I cannot do the snakes on Chimera to save my life. I haven't tried Shaper yet, and I only tried Atziri once a few days ago when perhaps I had subpar gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info