[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
HordeLeader wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:
This a buff

Minion Life Support now affects Minion Life multiplicatively (it now provides 30% MORE Minion Life rather than 30% increased Minion Life) at level 1 of the gem (up to 49% more life at level 20).

more skele dark pact damage

And skeles already hit hard, but now even harder. All my builds with a skele totem and hatred already destroy bosses, now even more so! Just about double their damage, and they can already do over 1 million shaper DPS :P

Summoned Skeletons now have a 50% more added damage multiplier, up from 30% less added damage.

also

Dark Pact now counts as being a Minion skill gem, and will thus interact with effects such as the one found on Cloak of Tawm'r Isley.

So a +2 minion helm could do wonders

Butthis build doesnt use skelies or does it?
How do you constantly summon skeletons and dp totems at the same time?

summon DP totems

then

wither + CWC+ summon skeles + minion life

on bosses

"
CoolColJ wrote:

summon DP totems

then

wither + CWC+ summon skeles + minion life

on bosses

Thank you for the idea!
I'll defnately try this out.
The first and obly time I ran this build was latest Mayhem event.
I was just using one 6-link for DP totems and haven't got any other gems till 85.
So the build doesn't have problems with free sockets :D
Here's my planned tree for 3.1:

http://poeurl.com/bD1D (EDIT: this link will show the 3.0 tree without nerfs, paste it on the new POB update)

I like this tree and idk if i should change something, i can get more cast speed or spell damage on the Witch tree if i need a bit more damage, i can get more life on Marauder tree and there's 7 Jewel sockets

For Pantheon im going to use Brine King and Ryslatha.

Looks like those Elder and Shaper itens are fucking op, maybe we can get some op chests with extra links.

Main links are going to be: DP, Spell Totem, Added Chaos, Void Manip, Controlled Dest, Conc Effect.
Faster casting or Aoe it's not needed at all when using 2 Apep's, just the Arcane Surge buff it's enough for more cast speed.

For a 6 link, i'm going to buy Emperor of Purity cards for a low lv Hybrid chest, or if i get luck while farming Uber Lab to get a 6link drop.

I pretend to start farming uber lav at level 80/85 if i get luck getting my Apeps early on.

Edit: The nerfs of the nodes behind MOM are just fine, my total mana pool at level 93 lowered just a bit (like from 3300 to 2800).
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Dec 7, 2017, 8:21:18 AM
Here's my thoughts on 3.1 with numbers based on my harbinger chars setup. Have not looked into if there's new better pathing.

-DP unchanged (we never selfcasted, totems doesn't count as selfcast).
-MoM slightly nerfed, my setup lost 320mana.
-Skeletons buffed but ours do basically no dmg anyway. Minion gem becoming more% doesn't help us either since we didn't have any other inc/more modifiers.
-Wither nerfed, we usually never reached more than 10stacks so that'd give us a max nerf of 10% increased dmg.
-Storm barrier: If we can slot in the witherlink as a 5l in a elder/shaped boots/helm/gloves with one or more of the necessary gems we gain barrier for less dmg taken which is pretty big buff. Also gives us some power charges which could make crit based builds much easier to do, otherwise a slight dps buff?

-Despair: This is a BIG one. Flat added dmg ontop of -chaos res which acts as a MORE modifier on our dmg. I modified one of my apeps in pob to add the lvl20 flat dmg to it and then set enemy resist to -29 in config page so I could simulate the dps difference. Below is on nonbosses, otherwise you have to take curse effectiveness into account.
No despair witherskele casting: 71.5k*4*3 = 0,86m
Despair witherskele casting: 97.8k*4*3 = 1,17m

-Abyss Jewels: No idea what crazy mods we can get on them, likely a big buff since we had less options to get good jewels compared to elemental jewels, I had 7slots in harbinger.

Something else that can have huge potential is some new unique that could become core in our build as well, not to mention the crazy previews on shaped/elder mods on rares. edit: just saw the neck with envy aura on it, if we run that with essence worm or something we gain even more added chaos dmg, not sure if it's worth to give up a ring slot tho.

TL;DR
Netbuff, definitely jumped a big bunch up the powerscale since many many builds relied on vaal pact. Largely unchanged, I'd recommend dual curse even more this league with the addition of Despair. Still good league starter that can be geared and lvld into endgame with ease, great mapclear with 4totems covering areas, great bosskilling with the witherskele singletargeting. HHC had 3 lvl100 Heiros according to ladder, one of which most likely swapped ascendancy at the end since he's still specced as full managuardian support, the other has a hidden profile and the last one is me with this build.
Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 7, 2017, 4:15:27 PM
Minion life gem is now a more % modifier so it's a fairly big buff, especially in a +2 minion helm and empower

Can probably get skele life >10k and above in a +2 Baron and empower

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 7, 2017, 5:17:38 PM
Lysithea, Are you really Sure The damage will be the Same? With this from The Wiki :
"
Totems that self-sacrifice will receive the more damage bonus.

I assume it will decrease, If No skellies around. Nevertheless this will be my Starter build, Thanks for Sharing and optimising.

Last edited by piza14 on Dec 7, 2017, 6:21:29 PM
"
piza14 wrote:
Lysithea, Are you really Sure The damage will be the Same? With this from The Wiki :
"
Totems that self-sacrifice will receive the more damage bonus.

I assume it will decrease. Nevertheless this will be my Starter build, Thanks for Sharing and optimising.

From what we observed and felt during last league that part is most likely incorrect. I realize it links to a reply on the forum but I'm not sure if that was prerelease or post change to DP since the unreleased version was OP to begin with, it isn't a GGG employee reply after all. If the multiplier applied, the radius should be increased too, which it isn't. If the multiplier applied, we shouldn't have as drastic dps difference as we have currently on live between just totem vs witherskele.
"
CoolColJ wrote:
Minion life gem is now a more % modifier so it's a fairly big buff, especially in a +2 minion helm and empower

It's a buff in the way that the gem helps to scale if you go for increasing the skeles life elsewhere. If the gem is the only thing we increase their life with it doesn't matter. x*1.5increased = 1.5x, x*1.5more = 1.5x all the same. It only starts to matter if you do something like baron where you have x*[sum of increased]*[more] since more amplifies the increased part.

Lets test a baron! I'll skip empower since we don't have a spare 5l. Witherskelecwcmlife
Assume some moderate STR, lets say 700 (old char had close to 400)
lvl21skele+2gems, lvl23 yields us lvl76 skeletons which has 2531 base life.
2531+(700/2/10*5)=2706
2881*1,2*1,52=4936
5254*0,06=296flat

normal setup
2090*1.5=3135
3135*0,06=188flat

We get around 400flat from gem+wands today. Not sure I want to calc this further before PoB can do it for me with the updated gems but I'd imagine you'd have to build around the skele scaling casting primarily, maybe going witch with that route too. I'm just worried I end up sacrificing my defenses/mapclear with just totem casting to gain that strength. Try it and report your findings! :)

edit: maybe you meant to forgo the wither and selfcast the skeletons? anyways, tired, sleep time

Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 7, 2017, 7:16:35 PM
"
Lysithea wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:

It's a buff in the way that the gem helps to scale if you go for increasing the skeles life elsewhere. If the gem is the only thing we increase their life with it doesn't matter. x*1.5increased = 1.5x, x*1.5more = 1.5x all the same. It only starts to matter if you do something like baron where you have x*[sum of increased]*[more] since more amplifies the increased part.

Lets test a baron! I'll skip empower since we don't have a spare 5l. Witherskelecwcmlife
Assume some moderate STR, lets say 700 (old char had close to 400)
lvl21skele+2gems, lvl23 yields us lvl76 skeletons which has 2531 base life.
2531+(700/2/10*5)=2706
2881*1,2*1,52=4936
5254*0,06=296flat

normal setup
2090*1.5=3135
3135*0,06=188flat

We get around 400flat from gem+wands today. Not sure I want to calc this further before PoB can do it for me with the updated gems but I'd imagine you'd have to build around the skele scaling casting primarily, maybe going witch with that route too. I'm just worried I end up sacrificing my defenses/mapclear with just totem casting to gain that strength. Try it and report your findings! :)

edit: maybe you meant to forgo the wither and selfcast the skeletons? anyways, tired, sleep time

ahh I forgot this build doesn't have any minion life on the tree or gear :)

here is a paste bin of a poison variant of dark pact, occultist, which has 10.5k life skeles with baron and 9.5k without. With new Minion life gem it will be surely higher
8k life without empower

https://pastebin.com/gJEBTXnJ

Going from 9.5k life skeles to 10.5k makes Dark Pact poison go from 300k to 320k DPS
Let says if the new gem makes the skeles have 14k life, then Dark pact poison DPS becomes 400k DPS... that lasts 5 secs.... with 10 stacks of wither

Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 8, 2017, 2:57:40 AM
"
Lysithea wrote:
-Despair: This is a BIG one. Flat added dmg ontop of -chaos res which acts as a MORE modifier on our dmg. I modified one of my apeps in pob to add the lvl20 flat dmg to it and then set enemy resist to -29 in config page so I could simulate the dps difference. Below is on nonbosses, otherwise you have to take curse effectiveness into account.
No despair witherskele casting: 71.5k*4*3 = 0,86m
Despair witherskele casting: 97.8k*4*3 = 1,17m

If i am not totally wrong, you won't benefit from the flat added chaos. DP is a spell and therefor it will never hit. The flat added chaos damage only applies to attacks.

With despair you are trading away some EHP for -29% chaos resistance on mobs when using this curse with blasphemy. And you are also not able to wear a clear mind jewel. This jewel gives us up to 60% inc. spell damage and additional mana regen on top. A similar jewel would cost us several exalts and is probably still not powerful as a clear mind. Since we do not need the chaos resistance reduction on trash mobs, manually curing bosses with despair should be better than despair + blasphemy. Of course you can go for a COH with CWDT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info