[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

Loving this build for my first ever HC character!

I have a few questions...

1. I see some people running 2x 'CWDT - Enfeeble' setups. Is there a point to this?

2. Would there be any benefit from running 2x 'CWDT - Immortal call' setups? I was thinking something like:

lvl 20 CWDT - lvl 20 Immortal Call - lvl 20 Golem - lvl 20 Enfeeble
lvl 2 CWDT - lvl 4 Immortal Call - lvl 1 Phase Run/Enfeeble/Temp Chains - Increased Duration

Would this work?

3. What is the purpose of linking decoy totem with totem resistance? Won't our totems be capped already from passives + gem?
Last edited by meltedopen on Aug 24, 2017, 2:45:32 AM
Re 2x enfeeble cwdts: because there are links available and this gets it to proc more often

Re:2x Imm call setup: would likely work--give it a shot and see how it feels.

Re decoy totem link: No point in current version of tree. This is a relic from before I took the nodes on the tree for the sake of the DP totems. Min&tot ele res has no place in our links any more.

Re which gem setup to use:
I believe I posted my level 90+ gear around page 6 or so. I'll have to see about moving that link up to the guide.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Aug 24, 2017, 12:31:58 PM
You can also try to find something like this to cover your Dex requirements..

Once I get a level8 master I will remove the cold damage mod and add something a bit more useful like extra Mana.
In Legacy i tried dual FB totems as a League starter and i was really disappointed once i started mapping. However, i gave this totem build another try and it felt really smooth. Leveling was a blast. Even with really crappy gear everything was easy doable. Mapping feels ok. Sometimes it feels like we are lacking some single target damage? For example the (fully buffed) Arid Lake Rhoa. Or is this boss kind of chaos immune?

If someone of you would like to sacrifice some tankiness for more damage, wich way would you go? In the witch starter area are some spell damage/cast speed nodes easily available. Are they worth it? What does POB say?

BTW, killed uber Izaro yesterday with Lvl 74. Im sure that this is possible even earlier. But i just upgraded my gear at this point.
The Rhoa in that map (And there's another too) is not immune to Chaos but very resistant, especially when it is enraged. The trick with those maps is to get the boss down to low life before you open the three Rhoa Nests. Once you do this you only have to fight him for a little while and he will give better drops.

I always used to run in and open all the nests before I discovered you still get the better drops even if you open the nests when the boss is nearly dead.
"
You can also try to find something like this to cover your Dex requirements..

Once I get a level8 master I will remove the cold damage mod and add something a bit more useful like extra Mana.

7 lvl, not 8.
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Hi, thanks for this great Guide, level 66 atm, having a blast.

What do you think about Atziris Foible? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Foible

It's awesome for leveling, no mana problems at all. Helps with Dex requirements too. Is it viable in lategame? No life/resists tho.
Last edited by Stormnight on Aug 24, 2017, 6:01:16 AM
"
The Rhoa in that map (And there's another too) is not immune to Chaos but very resistant, especially when it is enraged. The trick with those maps is to get the boss down to low life before you open the three Rhoa Nests. Once you do this you only have to fight him for a little while and he will give better drops.

I always used to run in and open all the nests before I discovered you still get the better drops even if you open the nests when the boss is nearly dead.

Oh thanks for the tip. I didn't know that this is working.

Regarding the single target damage: I guess it depends a lot on the boss and if its a more stationary or mobile boss.
since we are grabbing that bottom jewel node, would Battle Rouse be helpful? seems like it would synergise well with MoM:

+15 to maximum Mana
15% increased maximum Mana
3% of Damage taken gained as Mana when Hit
Last edited by Grimmzy on Aug 24, 2017, 7:30:00 AM
"
Grimmzy wrote:
since we are grabbing that bottom jewel node, would Battle Rouse be helpful? seems like it would synergise well with MoM:

+15 to maximum Mana
15% increased maximum Mana
3% of Damage taken gained as Mana when Hit

nope. you mast NOT be hitted. Bosses can oneshot you at some roll.

Damage taken gained as Mana when Hit good for melee/tanking build, who can take some damage without risk. (shield bloked is a damage to so bloked damage give mana to)
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info