[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Ghato123 wrote:
I saw Ziz did similar build but w/o staff nodes instead of he goes to the right side of tree. Is it better? I think about Ziz route because of movement skill because flame dash + running seems pretty weak compare to shield charge.
Thoughts?
I haven't seen Ziz doing this build, that's how he progressed through his tree probably:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAwAAPcADCUBAHj53YuMwJoJqtn8wGYEs6IA8B9FRzLR6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUhzcjxp8g6eUXl3R_REtLJwFQkGW0PWus0yz0B_v6yBuUDDbXgQHOlhVxoPbHwI2xYPzTq6xNq4SpwiPRh0U-tJmnljlKhNaK6PyFm8kqjbp42oWQIV9vOpqQwj0LR-VIMHzoqMPxDt8uMp_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-uv1wwm5k_IdDkhd8ioLcFKJ04w2VUth4iaVuJMo-oLH-ehBh7c-_gryRTrhplf-jzWS2L3jhA3RY0OOZPemtvpN42haBFE6FoaCWG1kMysmA5oAAAAAAA==
I'm using modified version of this build, 1h+shield and Freezing Pulse with First Snow jewels.
Freezing pulse may have a little bit slower clear speed in wide open areas, but it's still incredibly fast and can also kill bosses quicker. For anyone intrested, I'll leave pastebin below.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/vV9RRGas

That's my character at level 68 currently, mostly garbage gear, I'll change gloves or amulet soon, weapon to some with crit multi and shield with more defensive stats and attack speed.
If u'd want to do a freezing pulse version too, just buy a 20% quality gem because it increases the projectile speed, which results in huge range.
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/1L5hL2_G2YE - gameplay
https://pastebin.com/yrxSHeMb

90 lvl pastebin, ~440k dps with diamond flask on and ~250k against Shaper, you can definitely squeeze more DPS, this is just a gear worth 20-50c
Last edited by azaanis on Mar 6, 2018, 6:23:35 AM
Can you make Scorching Ray work with this build, like with an alternate staff and/or set of equipment to use when you need single-target damage? Or would that require changing a lot of nodes in the tree to get respectable damage out of SR totems?
I'm also curious about a sixth Mantle link and how essy it is in practice to reliably chill high-HP map bosses/guardians/shaper.
Just popped in to comment, this build is rocking for levelling, with very very little purchased gear. Just hit 54, and equipped
a couple levels ago. Picked that staff up for 5c, and the only other things I've bought were the frozen trail jewels.

I've been roflstomping through the content, with very few deaths to bosses, despite the relatively low single-target DPS; the ability to throw out the totems and concentrate on dodging makes this build a lot easier to play than a melee build (last season I ran a reave gladiator, got to 1.35m DPS). Another bonus is that I'll be able to ignore reflect mods on maps, hurrah.

This build strikes a nice balance between hyper-active play of a melee and the passive play of a summoning build.

I'll note that I picked up a couple self-found uniques which have been working well for levelling-

The very high armor+ES from the robe works nicely, and desecration on block is a nice little bonus, while the spell dmg on the gloves is a big DPS boost.

Kudos on the fun build- I can't wait to see how it performs as I finish the storyline and move into mapping.
"
Ikariusrb wrote:

I'll note that I picked up a couple self-found uniques which have been working well for levelling-

The very high armor+ES from the robe works nicely, and desecration on block is a nice little bonus, while the spell dmg on the gloves is a big DPS boost.

Kudos on the fun build- I can't wait to see how it performs as I finish the storyline and move into mapping.

If you got some some Chaos change to spare, I suggest getting the Winds of Change gloves, I also used Deodre's Gloves until 47, a nice pre-Winds find.
Last edited by Shishiboo on Mar 6, 2018, 4:53:00 PM
Just pulled a pair of winds of change gloves for 3c. not the best rolls, but decent rolls. Missed a quite nice pair earlier for 2c by moments, cest la vie. I was looking forward to gaining life, but gained DPS as well... I'll presume the projectile dmg % as mult > spell dmg % as additive or somesuch.
is it ok if i change this?

proj weakness>arcane surge>haste>increased duration. ( 4 link only)
cwdt>immortal call>increased duration>lightning golem>frost wall ( 5 link )

the reason why i put frost wall its because of projectile attacks... so it can protect me from death.. its a big help for me...

btw i am using greeds embrace and other MF items (quantity) xD
godlike farming....
Last edited by darktemp25 on Mar 7, 2018, 5:45:57 AM
Is there any other mobility option for dual wand variant? Flame dash feels miserable after getting used to qotf level of movement speed.
"
Ikariusrb wrote:
Just pulled a pair of winds of change gloves for 3c. not the best rolls, but decent rolls. Missed a quite nice pair earlier for 2c by moments, cest la vie. I was looking forward to gaining life, but gained DPS as well... I'll presume the projectile dmg % as mult > spell dmg % as additive or somesuch.

Yea I'm not quite sure how the dmg mechanics work specifically myself.. but You will see the gain in damage :)
can use other skill for fast boss kill?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info