[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Loving this build thus far.

Question about the passive tree, how do you guys feel about the investment of 3 points into Celestial Punishment for the 25% vs Frozen as well as 3 points for shamanistic fury? Any opinions?
I just died 86 lvl Abyss HC. Very ty for this build, it's really cool league starter. But as you say in this thread, it's not late game build. Even if u get all good rolls on uniques, you are still misssing so much DMG and late game bosses are ez hitting your totems, so they don't survive much time, mostly just one hit.

But for beginners rly good choice. First content until Kitava 10 is so easy. Then u can run all maps until T10 without problems. Whole content I was long time missing DMG for killing abysses but after new gear it changed.

Surviving DMG is very fine, you can mostly hide yourself and cast totems from range, so u are save in many fights. This is again going to be problem on late, or in fights where is not much place.

Anyway, thanks for this build, it helps me lot, I have full vault of items and chaoses so i can start something more late game effective.
Thx Nerdlifting, for a very thorough guide!
"Opinions are like a$$holes: Everyone's got one!" - Clint Eastwood in "Heartbreak Ridge"
so im lvl 78 and can feel the limitation of the build

dont get me wrong, it does what it says its a league starter and am content with it because it allowed me to do the acts quickly (under 15h) and mapping (currently struggling with tier 8 rare maps) im only lvl 78 and do not have full gear (decent but not great)

for anyone wanting to get started cheap, quickly and farm maps this build is what youre looking for

if you want a build that can do all content from low to high tier this isnt it

no surprise there, its the first thing lifting state in the introduction

thx to the op for the build
"
juntar wrote:
Loving this build thus far.

Question about the passive tree, how do you guys feel about the investment of 3 points into Celestial Punishment for the 25% vs Frozen as well as 3 points for shamanistic fury? Any opinions?

Shamanistic fury can be worth it if you have the points. Celestial Punishment not so much, it's a bit too much investment for conditional damage. If you have a 3 point jewel in range, getting one with 2 sources of crit multi will be much better damage.
I'm wondering something about this build
Controlled Destruction reduce crit chance by 100%
Why adding crit chance support gem and crit damage passive?
"
Funinyourgame wrote:
I'm wondering something about this build
Controlled Destruction reduce crit chance by 100%
Why adding crit chance support gem and crit damage passive?

Reduced by 100% doesn't mean you don't crit. It just reduces it a bit, and you take crit passives and the gem to counter that.
N/m
Last edited by TheTartarian on Dec 16, 2017, 1:37:31 AM
Thanks for the build!
Hello, I am enjoying your build so far. However, by pure luck, I found this item here, which i think shows some awesome potential:

Pro:
-Intrinsic Lvl 20 SpellTotem gem, saves one slot that can be used for another dmg-boost etc. support gem

-Allows to spawn one additional totem. This makes Ancestral Bond superfluos, or allows three totems to spawn.

-Beneficial stats: +% SpellDmg, +%TotemLife

Contra:
-Upon Totem Destruction you are cursed with a random lvl 20 curse.

-Your main body armor is energy shield based. This guide focuses only on armor though.

-one stat is "lost" for ES-increase (although you gain double, which is huge actually).

-No resistances, no life (defensive stats, which are prioritized in this build)

The recurring curses with totem destruction can be countered with the diamond flask, which is recommended with this guide (see below).

However, I imagine being cursed at the wrong time at boss battles (Maps!) will kill you and your modd of quickly. Logically, the randomness is impossible to calculate into one's strategy.

So, as i already said, I think there exists some potential (i am playing with it right now @lvl 60+) but I would like to hear your opinion.

Ad: I have not invested any resources to 6-link it yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info