[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

One question concerning Taryn´s Shiver:
"Enemies frozen by YOU take 20% inc. damage"
Does this apply when the totems freeze an enemy? As far as my understanding goes the buff is only applied if the player himself freezes an enemy?
I couldn´t find an answer to that anywhere on the wiki.
Thanks for a reply!
Thanks for the build, I play it slightly modified on beast league!
"
IamLoco wrote:
Does this apply when the totems freeze an enemy? As far as my understanding goes the buff is only applied if the player himself freezes an enemy?
Thanks for a reply!
Thanks for the build, I play it slightly modified on the beast league!
yes, totems are "you". Also works for champion's taunt.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
But what about the proj weak?

you just need to cast it on bosses everytime your arcane surge is off. You don't need it for mobs.
"
This is probably a stupid question: are you using the threshold stats for the frozen trail? I can't see it having 40 intelligence in its radius on the skill tree. How are you getting it to proc the additional projectiles?

you don't need to have the intelligence nodes. The +# to intelligence in its radius must be more or equal to 40. You should put one of them near Quick Recovery, and the other one near Instability.
Last edited by RenlyTheGayKing on Mar 16, 2018, 10:24:25 AM
"
Bros1fsta1in wrote:
This build is ridiculous, I have 5 link shiver and 4 link belly of the beast. I sit at 14k dps at town with lightning golem. In a fight i have seen up to 50k DPS per totem and i have 4 totems up. Boss fights are the very easy, just run around and drop totems.

How's your single target been? I picked up 2 vaal hastes but my dex is probably not going to be good enough to max it out. I need more dex on gear I guess :(
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
"
IamLoco wrote:
Thanks for a reply!

Thanks....
I was simply wondering because I read the description of Halcyon:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Halcyon

It says there that it does NOT count if a totem freezes an enemy.
Now the wording is a little different but it still says "You" in the description.

It can be pretty confusing at times even after 4 years with this game^^
Could any1 take a look at my hardcore bestiary character?

Would like some advice on
- gear
- passive skill tree (what to go for next 5-10 points)
- gem setups

Also i have a taryn weapon with 6 socket, trying to link it 5-6 links no luck so far...
"
"
FreedomOI wrote:
We got a 50 chance on a power when we place a totem...u dont need more

hey i changed from taryns to 2 shimmerons and changed my tree around to match yours as much as possible(still level 81) and i noticed my dps is almost the same as before the weapon change...i dont have level 20 or 20% quality gems yet but still i expected some change in dps...how did yours get so huge?

Hi I have been off a few days(damn RL) and cant see your tree so here some general tips:

-6 power charges are mandetory for shimmerons the scaling is insane much more important than the other critnodes, you have to compare bot builds with pcharges up
-2 of my gems cold pen/hyphothermia arent shown in ingame tooltip, your true dps is about 80% higher
-fb gemlvl,getting a 21 gem is much more important then +20

The rest is gear:
I got fb enchant on the helmet +40% cold
I got crit enchant on the boots(we never crit only our totems do) +120%critchance
I got ele weakness on hit on gloves
I got pandeamonius amu 20% pen + 30%cold
I got shaper amour + 1 to gems and/ or 1.5% flat crit
I got a very good opal ring +48% cold
I use wise oak for 19% pen (flask nodes)
I got essence craft belt for 5% additional pen
I use 2 vaal haste for perma up
I use frostbomb for 20% pen
My shimmerons are close to max role
Lot of people dont know this one:
Malachais artifice(1C!!) with flame Golem for 37.5 more dps due to Elemental Equilibrium(we only deal cold/lightning)

I currently got a 100k dps with charges up in ho and nothing else,"true" pob dps is 330k per totem on shaper which still doesnt show the EE from golem
Last edited by FreedomOI on Mar 17, 2018, 5:42:04 PM
The Bosskill routine is always the same:

I cast my 4 totems
I cast frostbomb in front of my totems
I activate wise oak+diamond(also activates pen on belt)
I activate vaal haste
I flame dash(arcane surge) into my totems getting the boss to aggro
Flame golem is dragged with me hits the boss

Result boss is permafrozen and fight is over in a few secs, without having been hit once.

Annoying multiphase bosses cant change phase during frezze you have to place your totems on the edge of the screen ;)
My Current Gear:
Spoiler

Damage is really good, DIG (T15) boss couldn't change phase due to permafreeze. But then I came to Gurds and this dudes just oneshots me ez. I only have 5.2k EHP and 96k on tooltip per totem (and I have 5) can't do much dmg to guards. So I am thinking about

Can't test it atm couse I don't have Kaom in BSC league. Can u guys who are familiar with PoB check what setup is better for fighting with Guards and Shaper after all?

"
madziee wrote:
My Current Gear:
Spoiler

Damage is really good, DIG (T15) boss couldn't change phase due to permafreeze. But then I came to Gurds and this dudes just oneshots me ez. I only have 5.2k EHP and 96k on tooltip per totem (and I have 5) can't do much dmg to guards. So I am thinking about

Can't test it atm couse I don't have Kaom in BSC league. Can u guys who are familiar with PoB check what setup is better for fighting with Guards and Shaper after all?

I can only tell you that with staff setup I struggled to reach half the dps off shimmerons on pob. If I would go staff a+3 staff with a lvl 4 Empower is far better then tyrians.

As for your current gear/tree:
-missing the 6th power charge and the 4% node
-a ilvl 85 shaped armor will net you the same dps as soul mantle without the drawback probably more since keeping 4 totems alive in a guardian fight is almost impossible. you can also get 200-270 flatlife resulting 550-700 more ehp out of it, combined with better liferoles on the rest of the gear it will push you out of the 1hit zone(I got 6.4k)
-you will get hit in a guardian fight, the curses further reduce your ehp, even with 80% reduce effect it might be the reason you got 1 shot
- Most important: You arent using a diamond flask! combined with the boot crit enchant that will probably double your dps!
The pandaemonius amy has several advantages on top of the insane dps boost:
-Blind, even without much eva on gear you will evade 45% of the attacks
-Every boss is chilled for 30% no matter how much life he has. If you combine that with a hinder when hit by spells abyss jewel it gets up to 60%. It isnt permafrezze but the next best.
- lots of small stuff which will net probably another 40-50% dps(helm enchant,curse on hit, pen on belt, tree isnt realy optimised...)

I can do guardians if I only hit 1-2 "bad mods" within 10-15 secs, BUT if I alch/vaal and hit 3-5 of the mods the fights get ugly. I will have to focus, recharge flasks and any mistake might kill me, I usually only do that maps shortly after lvl up.
"
IamLoco wrote:
"
"
IamLoco wrote:
Thanks for a reply!

Thanks....
I was simply wondering because I read the description of Halcyon:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Halcyon

It says there that it does NOT count if a totem freezes an enemy.
Now the wording is a little different but it still says "You" in the description.

It can be pretty confusing at times even after 4 years with this game^^

I am honestly not sure about that one the rule of thumbs is totems procc on hit but nothing else. They can proc EE for example, since it is hit by, but cant procc heralds since its killed by you.

One example that almost convinces me it doesnt work: I use 2 shimmerons, the wording is:
400 lightning damage per Power charge per second if YOU HAVE DEALT A CRITICAL STRIKE. Well if I would get a 4800 degen per sec everytime I crit with a cribuild I think I would notice ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info