[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

The idea behind your build is great and i am trying to work it into my character. Playing hardcore for first time and mapping as a jugg with ground slam. Original plan was to cyclone but i fell in love with both jugg tankyness and ground slam's stun capability as an extra line of defense.

Question is should i be going duel wield crit or 2h mace (crafted or tidebreaker) to maximize my stun alongside dps for ground slam? Also is Warlords mark worth it for the stun parts of the curse?

Is there any opinion on making impale work with this build?

Having good success with it so far but seeing other melee builds going got 100% chance to impale and increased impale effect i was wondering if it can be an option for us too?
"
Dieclowns wrote:
Question is should i be going duel wield crit or 2h mace (crafted or tidebreaker) to maximize my stun alongside dps for ground slam?

The point of this build is to stun. You'll need to invest a lot to get something out of crit without improving your stun capabilities. See More Info -> Crit Version.

"
Dieclowns wrote:

Also is Warlords mark worth it for the stun parts of the curse?

No, we use vulnerability. See Gem Setup -> Curse Discussion.
Double posted by accident.
Last edited by Kapitolist on Jun 17, 2019, 2:11:12 PM
"
Urathor wrote:
Is there any opinion on making impale work with this build?

Having good success with it so far but seeing other melee builds going got 100% chance to impale and increased impale effect i was wondering if it can be an option for us too?

There was a discussion around impale a few pages back. Basically we attack too slow to make good use of impale, and also that it doesn't help us stun.

Bright, maybe you could add a small blurb about impale in the guide if you haven't already?
"
Kirbynou wrote:
Have you ever consider Vengeance ?

If you don't link enough support gems with it, it's not too reliable / useful; if you do find a at least 4 link for it, it can sort of create another layer of defense against melee mobs. But to be honest, I don't think we need such defense very often, and having Kaom's Heart is probably a better defense - you won't have enough sockets for Vengeance if you use Kaom's Heart.

"
CMa_ wrote:
Do i understand right, if i use Flash and Stone for sand stance i shouldnt link maim support to it?

And what about Steadfast node for fortify instead one jewel soket?

If you're using Sand Stance then the Maim Support does nothing since you're not maiming anybody. But I do suggest that you keep the Maim Support there; usually I use Blood Stance all the time, and you should probably at least switch to Blood Stance when doing challenging boss fights, and that's when you need that Maim Support.

"
Dieclowns wrote:
The idea behind your build is great and i am trying to work it into my character. Playing hardcore for first time and mapping as a jugg with ground slam. Original plan was to cyclone but i fell in love with both jugg tankyness and ground slam's stun capability as an extra line of defense.

Question is should i be going duel wield crit or 2h mace (crafted or tidebreaker) to maximize my stun alongside dps for ground slam? Also is Warlords mark worth it for the stun parts of the curse?

Dual Wield is possible, but you can't use a Kaom's Heart anymore. I think when you do Jugg and invest a lot into defense because HC, you want Tidebreaker even more. Without Tidebreaker you will probably have a hard time stunning consistently. Since the conditions are drastically different (HC, Jugg, crit, dual wield, etc.), it would be arrogant to say that it won't work. Actually I think it definitely can work - but maybe other options may work better.

Warlord's Mark is very useless. 10% chance to stun is nothing when compared to Vulnerability, but to mention that when against Shaper / Guardians, that 10% goes down to 3.4% due to their curse resistance.
Hey Bright,

In the progression section you mention to get Kongor's/Brain Rattler before Tidebreaker but I think new Marohi might be better because of the free pulverise? Frees up a gem slot. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marohi_Erqi

Also what stat is the most important roll on Ryslatha's? Does a lower less minimum damage matter as much as a more maximum damage roll?
Last edited by Kapitolist on Jun 17, 2019, 2:45:36 PM
"
Kapitolist wrote:
There was a discussion around impale a few pages back. Basically we attack too slow to make good use of impale, and also that it doesn't help us stun.

Bright, maybe you could add a small blurb about impale in the guide if you haven't already?

I already have a discussion in the Q&A section. The answers there are pretty brief and I will probably extend the answers a bit later.

"
Kapitolist wrote:
Hey Bright,

In the progression section you mention to get Kongor's/Brain Rattler before Tidebreaker but I think new Marohi might be better because of the free pulverise? Frees up a gem slot. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marohi_Erqi

Yes, the new Marohi Erqi is pretty decent now. I had one comment about it right below my comments about Tidebreaker, but I didn't modify the progression section at all. I guess I should add that there.
"
Kapitolist wrote:
Also what stat is the most important roll on Ryslatha's? Does a lower less minimum damage matter as much as a more maximum damage roll?

I just added a discussion yesterday in the optional uniques section about it.

Usually for my own planning, 1 unit of usefulness ~= 1 skill point ~= 50 str ~= 40 flat life ~= 2.5%-3% more DPS.

The max damage roll is about 1.5% more DPS per %, and the min damage roll is about 0.5% less DPS per %.

Flat phys damage is around 0.1% more damage per point. So, you probably don't want to worry about the flat phys roll.

So, going down from 40% max to 39% max is equivalent to going up from 37% min to 40% min, is equivalent to going down from 40 strength to 20 strength, is equivalent to going down from 40 flat life to 20 flat life.

That means, a Ryslatha's with 40% max and the lowest rolls for all other mods is still better than a Ryslatha's with 34% max and the highest rolls for all other mods.
Anyone found any good use of Timeless Jewels here?

I have been trying to divine Karui one today a few times, as it looks like safest bet with no downsides and can add some usefull mods (in pool is 20% dmg, 4% life, 5% double dmg etc) to notables. But considering the fact it should replace regular jewel with 4 usefull mods, i think the only logical place would be socket bellow duelist, as most of us already takes 5 notables there. Most i was able to get was 3 semi-usefull mods (and +40 str by default), but one of these was defensive (less dmg from crit). Wonder if its even possible divine some version of it that adds multiple version of the same mod in the same circle?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info