[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Since you can't craft the dot damage reduce to 20% in a league, what do you do for that?

Under the "shield" section of gear detail:

Shield:

Arguably one of the most important pieces of the build is a good spell damage shield with crafted rDoT. If you're in Standard, get one with legacy 20%, but if you're in league the regular 5% can work just fine. Springleaf will be used for early leveling with RF. Once you can equip a Rise of the Phoenix, it will be your go-to shield. After RotP, an Elder ES shield with +2 Max Fire Res and a free suffix for 5%rDoT is BiS. It is a good way to keep your regen up while gaining 1k+ES from Rise of the Phoenix.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Assuming one can acquire most/all of the gear (a big assumption! look at that shield and the Watchers...jeebus), what's a realistic level to transition into RF? Is level 90+ nearly required?
"
PeopleReady wrote:
Assuming one can acquire most/all of the gear (a big assumption! look at that shield and the Watchers...jeebus), what's a realistic level to transition into RF? Is level 90+ nearly required?

I was able to transition to life rf at level 65 (Rise of the Phoenix), then to low life at lvl 70. Might have been able to do it earlier, but didn't feel the need to.
Last edited by olop4444 on Mar 12, 2018, 8:25:10 AM
"
PeopleReady wrote:

Well..... No that good, but did it at 34 (LLRF, just like the other guy's video) hahahaha. Bought my Shavronne's only at 82, so I can safe say that is doable. Not optimal, but doable.
Last edited by Darkkaos on Mar 12, 2018, 8:47:41 AM
Hoping to start leveling this build soon, still can't 6L my shavs though :( Also wish I bought the Chayula amulet earlier, shit just keeps rising in price.
Why wouldn't you take Essence Surge?
I mean, that node with those few smaller ones gives you 60% additional ES recharge rate, wouldn't that combined Zealot's Oath make regen go like this:
(life regen + ES regen) * 1,6
"
Niesyto32 wrote:
I mean, that node with those few smaller ones gives you 60% additional ES recharge rate, wouldn't that combined Zealot's Oath make regen go like this:

Recharge rate is not the same as regeneration, it does nothing for this build. Recharge only starts when you stop taking damage. With RF on you never stop taking damage.
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Niesyto32 wrote:

Recharge rate is not the same as regeneration, it does nothing for this build. Recharge only starts when you stop taking damage. With RF on you never stop taking damage.

The more you know...
Another question then:
If you have 1000 life, and 900 of it is reserve, which gives you 100 effective life, RF will burn you for 90% of that - 90, and that's what this build uses right? And I shouldn't go balls deep into getting energy shield on low lvls becouse it will just deal more dmg to me without any benefit?
"
Niesyto32 wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Niesyto32 wrote:

The more you know...
Another question then:
If you have 1000 life, and 900 of it is reserve, which gives you 100 effective life, RF will burn you for 90% of that - 90, and that's what this build uses right? And I shouldn't go balls deep into getting energy shield on low lvls becouse it will just deal more dmg to me without any benefit?

RF burns you for %of your maximum life/es. The basic degen formula is:
burnDegen = (life*burnLife + ES*BurnES) * (1 - fireRes) * (1 + dmgTaken) * (1 - dmgTaken).
Here you can learn more:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Righteous_Fire
About ES and leveling, i dont know, people lvl up differently. But if you missed this video in the guide - definitely watch it, explains many things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE
Last edited by Windgaming on Mar 12, 2018, 1:38:05 PM
I've done a lot of reading in this thread and I'm still a little confused on when to transition and what is required to make it viable.

Looks like you should go to RF first and then LLRF.

What gear/stats/enchants etc are required to make these transitions smooth and not totally painful :)

If someone could kindly lay this out, and then I think it would be great to add to the guide overall.

Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info