[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Having trouble sustaining in high tier maps/bosses, my net regen seems to just be too low. Any advice?

https://pastebin.com/M6z1K4fk

Hi ! Having fun with this build but I have big troubles with guardians.. They hit too hard lol

What can i upgrade ? thanks

Spoiler
"
Shinro28 wrote:
Hi ! Having fun with this build but I have big troubles with guardians.. They hit too hard lol

What can i upgrade ? thanks

Spoiler

A life flask, really?? I find it hard to believe this is not a troll, but ok...
I'll help, but I'll be rough (lol) so be warned.

* Obviously, a granite is a horrible pick for the build at this point. Get a Rumi's Concoction as the guide recommends.
* Get a sulphur of heat.
* You're playing low life for crying out loud. If you still have the scion life wheel and whatnot, time to respec. And replace your life flask with a quicksilver of adrenaline (or another suffix if you so desire).
* You know an item called orb an transmutation? Yeah, use that on your ruby flask. Because I can't believe you're trying to do guardians with a normal flask. Reroll it with alts until you get a ruby flask of staunching, since you don't have death's door.
* For the love of Chris Wilson, get quality on all your flasks. Baubles are incredibly cheap. It only takes 4 to get 20% quality if it's a white flask, then you roll the mods and that's it. For uniques, it takes 20 but it's so cheap that it doesn't matter.
* Get 2-3 jewels that give you some dps + ES. Also get the Energy from Within (I think that's the name) jewel as the guide recommends.
* Why do you not have fortify linked to shield charge???
* You either want lvl20 purity of fire on a +3 unset ring or lvl21 purity of fire on a scepter with +2 level of fire gems.
* The ES rolls you have on your chest and chest are awful. Reroll them with a divine orb until they're closer to respective cap.
* Get a pair of gloves with better ES whenever you get a chance. The rolls is awful, but it's not worth divining it.
* Use blessed orbs on your chest until you get 9-10% spell damage.
* If you can get a shield like the one posted recently (230+ ES, +2 max fire res, reduced dmg over time taken), it would give you a ton of ES as well. It's expensive though.

There. I'm being a little bit of a jerk here lol, but I hope this helps.
Last edited by vhapter on Feb 8, 2018, 3:28:25 PM
I wanted to reply as well, but then i saw the life flask :D.

PS: you were more gentle than I would have been ;)
"
UnLovedOne wrote:
I wanted to reply as well, but then i saw the life flask :D.

Yeah... I'm assuming he's not trolling though, since his recent posts on the poe forums all seemed fine.

Some of the issues with his gear are way too basic for someone trying to kill guardians. It's understandable if you don't realize you should use blessed orbs on certain items... maybe even the fact that you really need higher ES rolls on certain items if you've never paid attention the rolls.

POE is a complicated game, so it's not hard to miss a couple of things. ES is also intimidating at first, especially after the nerf. I know I was a little worried before I started this build... the first time I tried to go ES after the nerf, it was disastrous.

But 0 quality on your flasks, a life flask for LLRF, and a white flask... I wish he would have sent this to Ziz's roast, it would have been really funny.

I got these two upgrades now and ES jumped from 7700~ to over 9150! Still looking for a better ring/belt + jewels, at the moment I need the ring and the jewel in my belt for the strength/dexterity requirement. I have around 4 exalted to spend now
"
UnLovedOne wrote:

Always good to see folk helping each other, but I'd keep the smart comments and insults in check unless you're keen to have a microscope turned on yourselves.

You can be damn sure once you start throwing insults folk will look at your own setups and will take great pleasure in laughing at any obvious flaws. I don't have much time at the minute, why I wasn't able to help the poster myself, but from a (literal) ten second glance I'd suggest you both take a look at your belts (the first item I looked at on both builds so potentially all sorts of other issues there still to be fixed) and sort those out before investing time in flaming someone else who simply didn't know better.

Missing a master craft that could benefit the build is on a parallel to having a white flask.
In the same position and scaling elemental damage to attacks when our only attack isn't elemental is even more baffling.

You're free to be jerks if you want to be, but do it around me and I'll happily cut the legs out from under you in a heartbeat when you're making some comparable mistakes yourselves. Glass houses. Stones. Bad combinations.

Like the message vhapter wrote (with warnings that he will be mean :) ) mine was intended just to have some fun, not as an insult. Instead of warnings , i choose smileys ( ":D" and ";)" ). If Shinro28 felt upset/insulted by my message (or vhapter's), i apologize. Every once in a while we need to blow off some steam, after all this is just a game, so i tend to treat it likewise. So maybe i will write again in such a manner, but like i said, i will always use something in text that will hint that the message is written with good intention, not because i am mean.
Once again i apologize if anyone felt bad because of my message.

P.S. : Long live the beer!
Hi

So, I have gotten this specc rolling, and have just tried it out in a couple of maps. Im still tryin to get hold of a watchers eye for my last jewel slot, and forgott to respecc EE, which I will do asap. but I still feel squishy when having around 8,8k ES. So I have several questions.

1. any general comments on my gear and potential upgrades would be appreciated.

2. regarding the reserved mana in the build. im runnin Enlighten 4 in my vertex, which gives me a 0,84 mana multiplier, which in combination of the 5 reserve mana nodes (6% and 4x 4%) gives me a mana multiplier in my vertex, when couple with PoL, PoF, PoI and enlighten, of (105*0,84*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 70,72% reserved mana. My 5 reserve nodes affect my vitality by (35*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 27,95% reserved mana.
This gives me a total of (105*0,84*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96)+(35*0,94*0,96*0,96*0,96*0,96) = 98,4% reserved mana. How are people able to run a enlighten level 3 and still sustain all the auras, since a enlighten lvl 3 gives you 101,7% reserved mana? have I missed something crucial here.

2. And due to my mana reservation, I end up at 26 mana left, and I need 32 something to cast SR.This forces me to put SR in my 4Link and RF in the 6Link to be able to play. how can I improve my gear to fit in an extra 300 mana or so to be able to cast SR from my 6Link?

3. My ES reg feels very low. is it due to the lack of a watchers eye or is there any toehr way for me to increase it?

Thanks!
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
UnLovedOne wrote:

Always good to see folk helping each other, but I'd keep the smart comments and insults in check unless you're keen to have a microscope turned on yourselves.

You can be damn sure once you start throwing insults folk will look at your own setups and will take great pleasure in laughing at any obvious flaws. I don't have much time at the minute, why I wasn't able to help the poster myself, but from a (literal) ten second glance I'd suggest you both take a look at your belts (the first item I looked at on both builds so potentially all sorts of other issues there still to be fixed) and sort those out before investing time in flaming someone else who simply didn't know better.

Missing a master craft that could benefit the build is on a parallel to having a white flask.
In the same position and scaling elemental damage to attacks when our only attack isn't elemental is even more baffling.

You're free to be jerks if you want to be, but do it around me and I'll happily cut the legs out from under you in a heartbeat when you're making some comparable mistakes yourselves. Glass houses. Stones. Bad combinations.

Relax man, nobody is trying to make others feel bad here. I never would have replied in the first place if I didn't mean to help. Plus, we all know this game is complex.

I'm just saying it's hard to believe someone got as far as he did casually. People don't reach t16 maps, get presence of chayula or get a 6L shav casually. I don't believe he's a troll (which is why I replied in the first place), but it sure struck me as one initially.

This build is also far from beginner-friendly. It took me a while to figure out how to get RF going. A ton of farming to gear up. I've learned a lot since I started this build.

Ok, with that out of the way... if you want to criticize my gear and whatnot, I'm all ears. I'd love to hear your opinion.

Also, I don't know why you don't like my belt. Shitty life roll aside, it gives me almost as much flat ES as it's possible to get on a belt and 103 elemental resistance. I have yet to find a single shaped stygian vise for sale that will give me anything close to that. Just getting a high ES roll + the recharge mod on one must be a pain. Any belt for sale with this recharge roll alone is crazy expensive when you consider how meh all the other mods are. And I've talked about this before here, but I have yet to see a proper explanation that justifies changing a whole bunch of gear and still end up losing ES and resistances for this mod. I'd love to hear one as well as tips to make that transition if it's really worthwhile.

Aside from that, I couldn't find a scepter with +2 to fire gems that was better than Doryani. Unless the damage over time mod is far superior to increased elemental damage... but that's a level of detail where things get fairly complicated understand. Finding a replacement would allow me to replace my unset ring with opal ring with some ES and resistances. That being said, I wouldn't be able to keep my stone golem and I don't know if the trade-off is worth it.

I wanted to get a nice opal ring to replace my sapphire ring as well, but my dps is enough to kill shaper according to the numbers you mentioned the other day. It hasn't been easy to find a good opal ring with good resistances and as much ES as my current ring, so I haven't made the switch yet.

I do need a pair of gloves with more ES, but finding one with high ES and some dexterity isn't as easy or cheap. It'll take some farming.

All in all, there's a lot of stuff I have that doesn't seem that easy to upgrade. But if you or anyone could hop into path of building and see how I could approach things without losing too much res, dex or ES, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info