[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

How do you do the Phoenix with this build? I've done all other guardians without any major issues (I'd done the Minotaur once before, but this is the first time I kill the Hydra and the Chimera), but the Phoenix seems to mess with our resistances like crazy. This will be my first time taking on the boss.

(1) Do we just do this boss without RF? How hard does that make the fight?
(2) Do I really need to overcap my fire resistance by 50 or does a flask of warding counter the debuff?
(3) If I do need to overcap my resistances, can I just swap purity of lightning for purity of elements and ignore my other resistances? Not sure if the only elemental damage you take in this fight is fire.
(4) Anything else to keep in mind?

"
Fritso wrote:
That Claity + Discipline would be BiS, but unobtainable unless you have like 200ex laying around.
Eiter of those with another secundary mod would be good.

Mods to consider:
Flat life regen Vitality
Phys taken as fire dmg
Freeze immunity
Shock immunity

Imo stay away from phys taken as cold/lightning, cuz that means crit phys hits can chill/freeze/shock you.

Really? I never realized the freeze/shock thing. I remember there was tempting watcher's eye with discipline regen + freeze immunity in sc abyss for 4 ex. I thought that would be handy, but I have chemist's sulphur flask of heat that I can use 4 times in a row.

On the other hand, I couldn't get phys taken as an element requires you to swap flasks. So I decided to get discipline regen + phys taken as lightning instead. I feel fairly tanky now. I never realized I could get shocked this way, but it's the same as I mentioned above - a single flask suffix solves that problem. I can have both phys mitigation and shock immunity.

A Watcher's Eye with freeze/shock immunity would only allow me to roll another flask suffix like curse removal. Our ascendancy already helps us with that to a certain extent though. And if you really want, you could the a quicksilver of warding instead of adrenaline and have all of them. I'd rather keep my quicksilver of adrenaline, but hey it's a possibility.

My Watcher's eye may not provide me with as much mitigation as a Taste of Hate, but not even a ToH gives you chill/freeze immunity where I get to have shock immunity with a suffix. So yeah, I don't regret my purchase at all.

*brb gotta craft/buy a new flask of grounding for the build lol*
Hey Guys,

I am a bit lost I feel i followed the guide to a T but can't seem to tank like in the video.

I only ended up getting 8.5K energy Shield is this the issue?

I could drop purity of Ice and still be capped and get a helm without an enchantment or is there a better option?

i dropped about 30ex into gear and gems, and have 20ish left if I need to change anything.

Can any1 give me some advice on what to do?

gear
"
H4ckEyE wrote:
Hey Guys,

I am a bit lost I feel i followed the guide to a T but can't seem to tank like in the video.

I only ended up getting 8.5K energy Shield is this the issue?

I could drop purity of Ice and still be capped and get a helm without an enchantment or is there a better option?

i dropped about 30ex into gear and gems, and have 20ish left if I need to change anything.

Can any1 give me some advice on what to do?

gear

That depends on your level imo.

The amount of ES you get with your circlet is horrible. Way too low. A well rolled Vertex would give you sooo much more ES. Your unset doesn't give you any intelligence or ES, so that's another thing that could improve... but they're hard to roll and expensive to buy, so I dunno.

I'm not sure how much the new belt mod helps. Personally I went with a crystal belt with 127 to maximum ES and a little more than 100% total resistance (bought it for 10c lol, a bargain... the current ones are a lot more expensive in sc though). I gloves only give me 97 ES and I'm lvl 90, so with a couple of levels and better gear I'll be able to break the 10k ES mark.

Your opal ring... I dunno. I beat 3 of the 4 guardians without one. My regular gems are still lvl 19. I can't get an opal ring now, so I use a regular ring with high intelligence, ES, and resistances... shouldn't be too expensive if it's not an opal. To be fair, I'd have to get a rare staff to ditch my unset ring for an opal, but I'm afraid the staff would be worse (can't find anything decisively better than Doryani) and I'd be simple compensating that loss with my opal. Except I wouldn't have a stone golem, which would make things worse. So I'm holding back on those for now.

You could also see in path of building how much you'd gain by getting lvl21 discipline. Make sure your jewels have 8% ES (unless it's a Watcher's Eye). I don't know what else to say other than your ES gets progressively better as you level. I'm lvl 90 and I can still get quite a bit more.
Last edited by vhapter on Feb 6, 2018, 2:37:07 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
Great job!!!! PERFECT SHIELD FOR LEAGUE

Thanks dude!

"
vhapter wrote:

Great shield! Mine is pretty similar, but gives lightning res instead.

I don't think I follow these steps:

mastercraft "can have multiple crafted mods"
mastercraft "prefixes cannot be changed"
mastercraft mana

Can't you just craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour it? I don't usually craft stuff like this, but that sounds a lot more expensive than I expected. Isn't it just better to reroll it if you need to mastercraft multiple craft mods twice on top of prefixes cannot be changed? Also, do you remember how many alts it took you or have an idea how many are necessary on average?

You'd think it would work that way, but it doesn't. If you scour it after mastercrafting only "prefixes cannot be changed," it turns it back into a magic item. You *could* alt/regal/scour until you hit a desireable roll, and then multimod it from there, but unless you get lucky, you'll likely spend more than you would if you did it the "safe" way. I can't say for sure how many alts I used, but I know it was a lot.
Hey guys!

This build looks insane!

I want to try it but i have no experience with such builds. And i have pretty low budget (~ 4chaos atm+ other mats)
Is it worth my "suffering" to try and start this up? Or i definately need more than that?
Also i'm not that experienced with the game, but i've managed to get myself a cyclone slayer also done by Ahfack guide. But i feel that it lacks something.

So TLDR:

I have pretty much no currency to invest (~4 chaos+"trash" mats) but i want to try this build out.
Should I?
"
Exitl0l wrote:
Hey guys!

This build looks insane!

I want to try it but i have no experience with such builds. And i have pretty low budget (~ 4chaos atm+ other mats)
Is it worth my "suffering" to try and start this up? Or i definately need more than that?
Also i'm not that experienced with the game, but i've managed to get myself a cyclone slayer also done by Ahfack guide. But i feel that it lacks something.

So TLDR:

I have pretty much no currency to invest (~4 chaos+"trash" mats) but i want to try this build out.
Should I?

Dont try this build without currency.

When u dont read what u craft. Oh well gona buy POF lvl 21 and thats it lol FML. Whats the best way of crafting shaped stygain belt?
Last edited by Vulgar_Display_Of_Power on Feb 7, 2018, 10:15:21 AM
Hi i got this for 30ex Can't see a difference. Do you think is this worth it?

"

Life recovery rate does nothing for us. It doesn't get converted to ES regen with Zealoth's Oath.
The Clarity is nice though. Gives a big chunk of ES.
"
Fritso wrote:
"

Life recovery rate does nothing for us. It doesn't get converted to ES regen with Zealoth's Oath.
The Clarity is nice though. Gives a big chunk of ES.

what is the best Watcher's Eye for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info