Afran's CycloneBall build [BHC]

Hey guys,

Just a quick write up for now. Putting it here despite rarely streaming as it can be played as either Ranger or Marauder so don't find it fitting for the specific class forums.

I'll edit this post with more details later so let me know if you have any questions after reading the post about the build etc

The concept of the build is to make the Molten Burst from Ngamahu's Flame proc as often as possible for as much damage as possible, scaling it to ridiculous hights.

I recently managed to achieve this in BHC on my level 91 Chieftain, but ran into the issue that I was almost one-shotting myself to a single elemental reflect rare mob even when voiding the use of using the fire penetration gem. As a result, I ended up changing my build in order to grab Vaal Pact. After doing so, Chieftain is no longer the best choice and the best choice becomes Raider so I'm currently in the process of remaking the character as a Ranger.

TLDR: Play it as Chieftain if you're mostly doing up to early red maps and/or are playing softcore but for pushing the real high end gears the Raider version is better

So as I said it's a basic write up for now, but you'll find more information below.

Gear wise you want to stack as much Str as possible as the Chieftain variants. I'm not sure yet if I'll do the same as the Raider but it's likely.

Xoph'ethula's Heart is your amulet.

Ngamahu's Flame is your weapon. Try to get a 12% Attack speed roll and as high IPD as possible.

The above three items are the only mandatory items and create the core of the build. Can fill out the rest with rares, though I chose to opt for a Brass Dome for the chest slot.

Important note: You only need socket supports into the weapon, not link them, much like Whispering Ice.

My current gear

Spoiler

Chieftain pre-VP poeurl.com/URQ (Oak, Krait, Krait)
Chieftain with Vaal Pact poeurl.com/UW1 (Oak, Krait, Oak)
Raider poeurl.com/Vrd (Oak, Kill, Krait)

Gems

Raider
Spoiler

6S - (Weapon) Conc effect, Fire pen, GMP, PPAD, WED, Elemental Focus
4L - Cyclone, Faster Attacks, Fortify, LGoH
4L - CWDT, Immortal Call, Vaal Haste, Increased Duration
4L - Leap Slam, Ancestral Protector, Enduring Cry, Faster Attacks

Chieftain
Spoiler

6S - (Weapon) Conc effect, Fire pen (Life Leech if BHC!), GMP, PPAD, WED, Elemental Focus
6L - Cyclone, Faster Attacks, BM, Fortify, LGoH, Blind
4L - Enduring Cry, Leap Slam, BM, Faster Attacks
4L - Arctic Armour, Herald of Ash, Enlighten
4L - Blood Rage, Vaal Haste, BM, Inc Duration

Build footage

I occasionally stream over at twitch.tv/afrandor

Any more questions about the build post them here and I'll edit in due time
Last edited by Afran on Dec 17, 2016, 7:15:49 PM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2016, 3:17:28 PM
Would you be able to link your gear for chieftan/no VP? I'm really wanting to run this build in BSC and I'm about to switch to Ngamahu. Thanks!
"
mrblonde321 wrote:
Would you be able to link your gear for chieftan/no VP? I'm really wanting to run this build in BSC and I'm about to switch to Ngamahu. Thanks!

Sure thing. Ignore gems, as some of this gear I'm now using on my Raider. See first post for proper gem setup.

Last edited by Afran on Dec 11, 2016, 12:25:35 AM
What points have you think to put in the rider ascendance?
"
Aquiel wrote:
What points have you think to put in the rider ascendance?

In this order:

Way of the Poacher > Avatar of the Slaughter > Rapid Assault > Avatar of the Chase.
Reached a peak of almost 3 million potential single target dps depending on proc rates, averages out around 1.45million single target, thus I had to make some changes in order to survive single target reflect rares (AoE situations were fine due to more targets being equal to more life leech). I've now picked up Acrobatics and equipped Darkray Vectors which at this point I consider rather "best in slot", however not mandatory. Corrupting these for a total of +2 Frenzy charges can be quite the task. I've also my entire aura setup in favour of speccing Blood Magic, as I found the combination of Temporal Chains and the chill from Arctic Armour to cause more harm than good vs certain mobs, to the point that they would move so slow they wouldn't actually enter the area of my projectiles before they would land, thus taking close to no damage. I also don't miss Hatred's (50% effectiveness, without Pyre) damage. As a result of now being a 270%+ life build, I've dropped Brass Dome in favour for Kaom's. I'll update the original post with my current gear.
Hello Afran:

I wanted to thank you for making this build, I'm having a blast with it. Keep the good work once I have more currency I'm going to post my gear to see if you can point me out in the right direction :D
Hi there, glad to see you're having fun with it, it is indeed a blast to play.
Last edited by Afran on Dec 15, 2016, 5:07:35 PM
Hey i play your Ranger Build, but i have one Question.

Why Rappid Assault and Avatar of the Chase?

Why not Quartz Infusion and Avatar of the Vail?

I have skilled now Way of Poacher and Avatar of the Slaughter.

I play HC Breach so idk what is better for it, i will go Kill Breach Lords so i think the Avatar of the Vail is Stronger vs this Elemental Bosses :)

Englisch is not my main Language so sry for not 100% Perfekt Englisch :)
Avatar of the Veil is strong for sure. That said, the DPS increase and movespeed increase from Rapid Assault + Avatar of the Chase is much better for clearing maps. If you're wanting to specifically target high end bosses and pretty much only farm them (Chayula, Shaper, Guardians) then I'd spec differently and drop my Grounding flask for Adrenaline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info